Joe Royle - time enough to clear the decks?

Clearing the decks - Hughes, Kabba, Supple, Bell gone already - Ferreira?

I suggest that the following should follow:

Crossley (as a player), Lomax, Hazell, Gregan, Stam, (Jeez - there's a whole back five there!) Maher, Westlake, Wolfenden.

Then it's up to Joe (if he stays) or the new man to bring in some decent talent and to determine whether Allott & Whittaker, Stephens & Lee, Smalley & Alessandra, Black et al are good enough or (in the case of the youngsters) should be sent out on loan.

A huge clear out is what is needed in my opinion.

If it is Joe then let's hope that his contacts at Ipswich/Everton, Citeh and Manure can uncover some gems. Also - time to raid non-league and the likes of Rotherham, Stockport & Rochdale if they fail to come up.

:wink:

Edited by TheBigDog

Crossley (as a player), Lomax, Hazell, Gregan, Stam, (Jeez - there's a whole back five there!) Maher, Westlake, Wolfenden.

Then it's up to Joe (if he stays) or the new man to bring in some decent talent and to determine whether Allott & Whittaker, Stephens & Lee, Smalley & Alessandra, Black et al are good enough or (in the case of the youngsters) should be sent out on loan.

If it is Joe then let's hope that his contacts at Ipswich/Everton, Citeh and Manure can uncover some gems. Also - time to raid non-league and the likes of Rotherham, Stockport & Rochdale if they fail to come up.

Would wholeheartedly agree

Even if the budget is tight theres too many players here who are either not good enough or have the wrong attitude

Ackey will be pleased..

Also - time to raid non-league and the likes of Rotherham, Stockport & Rochdale if they fail to come up.

I don't think County are going up!

Perhaps a late season 10 point deduction could see them relgated ... Tommy Rowe on a free would be nice!

I can't see us getting rid of anywhere near as many players as some posters are suggesting.

You could be right. Although a handful of swap deals involivng players with longer contracts wouldn't be out of the question.

not good enough or have the wrong attitude

Most of them have the ability. That's what's so frustrating. But if they can't deliver consistently then get rid at the earliest opportunity.

Edited by opinions4u

Same :censored: different season.

Continuity Nil!

I think the clearout is inevitable given the number of contracts up for renewal.

I also think the big 3 questions are who do we replace them with, can we get enough of them in time, and do we make compromises by resigning some of them as we cannot get the players we want?

I think we would have to re-sign some purely bcasue they would be cheaper and then it is not a virtually whole new team re-build. If we had a whole new team, we'd have no chance of progression no matter who was in charge.

As he's just signed a new contract he won't be going anywhere unless we pay him off, however his costing us a goal every game is having a negative effect on our results and may hinder our progress next season if it continues.

I cant see us paying him off so i think its gonna be limited opportunitys for Hazell

I cant see us paying him off so i think its gonna be limited opportunitys for Hazell

Or perhaps do what we did with Gregan when he lost form.

Leave him out for a couple of games and then watch him retrun to form when he returns to the side.

It's a bit much to write off a player who, for a season and a half, has probably been our most consistent performer (especially when he's played in at least 3 different positions in recent weeks).

If we can bring better players in, great - I'd say replace anybody if it improves the team. In most cases I'd suggest a quiet word in training and the occasional break from first team action can work wonders in getting a decent player back to the standard he's clearly capable of.

Or perhaps do what we did with Gregan when he lost form.

Leave him out for a couple of games and then watch him retrun to form when he returns to the side.

It's a bit much to write off a player who, for a season and a half, has probably been our most consistent performer (especially when he's played in at least 3 different positions in recent weeks).

If we can bring better players in, great - I'd say replace anybody if it improves the team. In most cases I'd suggest a quiet word in training and the occasional break from first team action can work wonders in getting a decent player back to the standard he's clearly capable of.

I think we need to bring someone else in and keep Hazell as back up. I agree with leaving him out for a couple of games, but even when he was in form he was still gaffe prone, and i couldnt help but cringe when he was under a bit of pressure or attempting a pass back

I think we need to bring someone else in and keep Hazell as back up. I agree with leaving him out for a couple of games, but even when he was in form he was still gaffe prone, and i couldnt help but cringe when he was under a bit of pressure or attempting a pass back

last season hazell didnt do much wrong,this season he was fine and the pick of the bunch upto being given a new contract,then it seems his concentration has gone and his decision making is a bit ragged....but to say he is crap is a bit unfair....

i think what is need for those players on contracts is for the season to end then chill and take a good hard honest look at themself.

dont think joe will pay off his 3 year deal and get rid,i do think he will bring others in and maybe if hazells form isnt what it should be after pre season he gets dropped for a bit.

last season hazell didnt do much wrong,this season he was fine and the pick of the bunch upto being given a new contract,then it seems his concentration has gone and his decision making is a bit ragged....but to say he is crap is a bit unfair....

i think what is need for those players on contracts is for the season to end then chill and take a good hard honest look at themself.

dont think joe will pay off his 3 year deal and get rid,i do think he will bring others in and maybe if hazells form isnt what it should be after pre season he gets dropped for a bit.

I didnt say he was crap, i said we should keep him as back up. Before the new contract or after he is gaffe prone, im trying to think of his mistakes Millwall, Yeovil but there are more