Not sure on allowing someone to physically hit someone if they feel they are diving, but i do feel that an acceptance of diving should be done away with. Theres been times when tv pundits have come out with 'well he is entitled to go down there' or something similar which in my opinon just encourages it even more!! It needs to stop now

Surely that's a penalty?! Ref bottled it if he didn't give a penalty for that! Taylor best stay on his feet should he ever have to face Real Madrid in future!

They missed it, Madrid went down t'other end and scored to win 3-2

The initial push isn't a penalty imho (seen it on you tube- there's some quality clips of it on there) but then when Pepe goes loco and starts booting him, snidely standing on him and hitting the oppo players who look like they are trying to protect their mate the ref has no choice but to give a penalty. I'm not sure if the ref gives the penalty for the push or for the crazyiness afterwards but he gives it and then it is a worse penalty than Berbatov's in the semi (Casillas dives and then has time to get to his feet and save it).

I'd excpect Pepe to get about a 9 game ban for his actions (he did at least three things which would have got him sent off for violent conduct) but he does play for Real Madrid who get away with more than their fair share.

As to the diver (its a dive/simulation) personally I hate diving with a passion and I also hate the rolling around like they've been shot after fouls. If I was running the game I wouldn't make all dives red cards but if the dive occurs in a situation when the oppo player might get sent off for a professional foul (like 90% of dives) then that would be a red card as they are cheating to try and get a man sent off. That would stop it, I'd also like to see some punishment dealt out on video evidence for diving as well as some punishment for those people who roll around too much.

The initial push isn't a penalty imho (seen it on you tube- there's some quality clips of it on there) but then when Pepe goes loco and starts booting him, snidely standing on him and hitting the oppo players who look like they are trying to protect their mate the ref has no choice but to give a penalty. I'm not sure if the ref gives the penalty for the push or for the crazyiness afterwards but he gives it and then it is a worse penalty than Berbatov's in the semi (Casillas dives and then has time to get to his feet and save it).

I'd excpect Pepe to get about a 9 game ban for his actions (he did at least three things which would have got him sent off for violent conduct) but he does play for Real Madrid who get away with more than their fair share.

As to the diver (its a dive/simulation) personally I hate diving with a passion and I also hate the rolling around like they've been shot after fouls. If I was running the game I wouldn't make all dives red cards but if the dive occurs in a situation when the oppo player might get sent off for a professional foul (like 90% of dives) then that would be a red card as they are cheating to try and get a man sent off. That would stop it, I'd also like to see some punishment dealt out on video evidence for diving as well as some punishment for those people who roll around too much.

1. You're not wrong. It's the worst penalty in the history of the known universe and a whole heap of parallell universes too.

2. I too would expect a big suspension (3 foul, 6 for 2 kicks, 3 punch = 12)

3. However I think it's a foul. He straight arms him in the back and at that speed he's not got much option other than to fall on his arse. Sure he 'sells' it - and I too can't stand (no pun intended) diving - but as they go that's not bad, he's just gone down at pace.

Still, all things considered I think it's funny as hell!! :lol:

I'd make it a straight red if the player for a dive in the box, as they are cheating to get a goal

I'd make it a straight red if the player for a dive in the box, as they are cheating to get a goal

I agree.

A system I suggested is that during the review of the game which all 4 officials should have to do they should assign a points system to divers. 10points = 1 game ban, 20 = 2 and so on.

It's not perfect and that's a very basic description but I think it would over time work - and more importantly provide a deterent.