Simple Question

singe

Manager for 2009/10  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Who should it be

• Joe
    • Someone else

Agree with all that apart from Lids being a great servant.

And the bit missed...

INJURIES!!! Joe's had a terrible run of them since arriving, after other players leaving who needed to. Sad to see a few of the kids not step up and take their chance but both confidence and burn-out will be kicking in for some and after our season capitulating, it's no surprise Joe's had a very very difficult task. Anyone who says he's not good enough no :censored: all and will probably jump for joy at someone like Jim Gannon arriving. A bit like they did when Ronnie arrived...and likewise, 12mths down the line they'll be jumping up and down, throwing toys out and getting them sacked again....

More of the same...unless we keep hold of the best manager we could've asked for (regardless of history)...sadly, it's at the wrong time as TTA, IMO, won't give Royle anything like an decent budget to challenge and thus around we go again!

Ah injuries, very true!

Although I am often of the opinion that some injuries are made up by shirkers.

Re Liddell, I did mean over his entire time here rather than recently. Some of his pentalities have been crucial, as has the confidence he will score.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WEll I can think of a few., just off the top of my head like.

1. Got rid of Windass. Not the best signing in OAFC history. Would have cost a fortune.

2. Got rid of Hughes. Who was very dis-interested in his own career at OAFC, and had been in freefall for months. And would not have been here in a few weeks as he refused our contract offer.

3. Released Liddell. Who was a great servant, but a season too far. Would have been on significant wages.

4. Got rid of Josh Bell, who no one at the club rated.

5. Got rid of Kabba. Who was not contributing enough.

6 Gave Lee a chance to prove himself

7. Was prepared to give Stephens a chance

8. Gave articulate interviews.

9. Identified the problems in about 5 minutes.

10. Did not go to Belle Vue.

11. Did not waste the family silver of pointless loans signing.

12. Did not play Budtz ahead of Fleming.

Obviosuly I could list about 50 more if you are intersted.

That is not to say Joe at all costs. hE has to be realistic about his budget. We (and the TTA) cannot afford Championship wages for another season.

EDIT. Crikey, I almost forgot about Seb Hines....

FFS we can all pick the worst of a managers period in charge, even bits that are probably little to do with them.

Sheridan had this team on the verge of the playoffs. Where are we now with the Messiah* in charge?

Many people wanted Sheridan sacking. Well, this is what you get. Bob all. Joe will probably not take over, we'll end up with a worse manager and in all reality get relegated over the next few seasons. So be it. And those who were calling for his head will be directly to blame. It was a shame when it happened, and it's an even bigger one now that reality is kicking in.

*Nothing against Joe, just getting a bit pissed off at all the Sheridan sniping.

FFS we can all pick the worst of a managers period in charge, even bits that are probably little to do with them.

Sheridan had this team on the verge of the playoffs. Where are we now with the Messiah* in charge?

Many people wanted Sheridan sacking. Well, this is what you get. Bob all. Joe will probably not take over, we'll end up with a worse manager and in all reality get relegated over the next few seasons. So be it. And those who were calling for his head will be directly to blame. It was a shame when it happened, and it's an even bigger one now that reality is kicking in.

*Nothing against Joe, just getting a bit pissed off at all the Sheridan sniping.

:shock:

Oh god dont even think of asking this lot to admit they where wrong.... :grin: