187 members have voted

1. 1. Who should it be

• Joe
    • Someone else

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am disappointed that he hasn't been able to get that lift out of the players we have at BP.

But I think when he has HIS players in place we'll be better for it.

Voted for Joe - but getting slightly nervous about things now.

voted for the big man

i dont think any other manager coming in would of lifted this specific group of players....and i think joe knew as much after 1 weeks training and the tranmere game.

so to a certain extent why flog a dead horse.

give him a decent budget and let him wheel and deal,and im sure like has been said,with HIS players on board things will be different.

I am disappointed that he hasn't been able to get that lift out of the players we have at BP.

But I think when he has HIS players in place we'll be better for it.

Voted for Joe - but getting slightly nervous about things now.

Same for me. Would be happy with Joe, but slightly less confident than I was. Still think he has identified everything. But what if the players he choses don;t perform. Which cna happen to any manager.

Same for me. Would be happy with Joe, but slightly less confident than I was. Still think he has identified everything. But what if the players he choses don;t perform. Which cna happen to any manager.

yes it can happen to any manager,however the new manager will be selecting players for the commitment,pride passion,ability,previous knowledge maybe,even players who may have played for him in some capacity before.

there will be a change of coaching staff,and there will be the re introduction of the reserve team and games.meaning more time to look at trialists or free players as opposed to buying because there available...

I'd be bitterly disappointed if Joe was not here next season. Results have undoubtedly not been good enough since he took over (and before that) but I'd like to think that, given some time to get "his" kind of players in and a summer of hard work, he'll sort us out and get us where we want to be.

I'd also like to believe that TTA know who'll be in charge if Joe is not, as we can't spend the summer mulling over who to appoint.

Edited by Gentleman

after todays game will joe want the job? i think he realised ages ago how big a job he will have on his hands to get us promoted, i reckon his decision will hinge on his budget and if he thinks it will be feasable to get us up in a small time scale (1 possibly 2 seasons)

without doubt its mr royal for me..for the simple reason that he won't tolerate slackers ans shirkers...nothing to prove anymore ,he has been there and done it...if he takes the job ...in my opinion he is doing it purely for the love of oldham athletic and that in itself is a goal in the right direction...whoa betide any player that lacks respect for oldham athletic.....AND MR ROYLE ..

i have the faith

after todays game will joe want the job? i think he realised ages ago how big a job he will have on his hands to get us promoted, i reckon his decision will hinge on his budget and if he thinks it will be feasable to get us up in a small time scale (1 possibly 2 seasons)

I really think he expected to get us into the playoffs, and maybe wouldn't have taken the job on otherwise. I just wonder if he really wants the hastle of managing at our level.

Don't worry! I speak fluent gob:censored:e (as some on here will be able to verify).

Simple question:

What has Joe Royle done that Sheridan didn't?

Answer:

Nothing!

*cue laughter*

Well, I assume it was a joke.

Don't worry! I speak fluent gob:censored:e (as some on here will be able to verify).

Simple question:

What has Joe Royle done that Sheridan didn't?

Answer:

Nothing!

*cue laughter*

Well, I assume it was a joke.

Tremendous!

Really impressed!

You seriously have a problem with Joe laying down the law and saying what we all know and what we all know needs to be said???

The "chicken :censored:" comment was nothing to do with laying down the law and, although it referred to what we all know, it was unlikely to bring the best out of the players.

If Royle turns the job down then i will be very very worried, Royle is one of the cheapest options compared with Boothroyd etc, if he turns it down who can we afford? Who would come to us if we cant afford to pay him that much and with a reduced budget? I can see us ending up with another Brian Talbot

The "chicken :censored:" comment was nothing to do with laying down the law and, although it referred to what we all know, it was unlikely to bring the best out of the players.

at least he has the bottle to say it...he doesnt owe them anything as there not his players...he is telling it how it is...

fabio cappello couldnt bring the best out of that bunch.

players dont listen..we heard it for 3 seasons running,but this time someone has actually got the balls to say it out loud,and that they wont be here next season,and to be quite honest....i dont have a problem with it...much rather have that than pissing about threating everything under the sun then do nothing at all.

at least he has the bottle to say it...he doesnt owe them anything as there not his players...he is telling it how it is...

fabio cappello couldnt bring the best out of that bunch.

players dont listen..we heard it for 3 seasons running,but this time someone has actually got the balls to say it out loud,and that they wont be here next season,and to be quite honest....i dont have a problem with it...much rather have that than pissing about threating everything under the sun then do nothing at all.

Totally agree - not sure why Diego has it in for Joe with his sniping comments and "advice" on man management.