The reason the players didnt come back out today!

Ok for those of u who are interested i have found out that the reason the players didnt come back out for a lap of honour was that as the players were leaving some FANS (TOSSERS) in my opinons were giving smalley some stick and someone threw something at him and they then went into the dressing room where the players decided that they were not going to go back out !!! tbh were are all let down by the team BUT is this the way to show our feelings??? the person(s) should be banned for this!!

Ok for those of u who are interested i have found out that the reason the players didnt come back out for a lap of honour was that as the players were leaving some FANS (TOSSERS) in my opinons were giving smalley some stick and someone threw something at him and they then went into the dressing room where the players decided that they were not going to go back out !!! tbh were are all let down by the team BUT is this the way to show our feelings??? the person(s) should be banned for this!!

i have to agree it is pretty disgusting for someone to throw something at a player...but probably done out of sheer frustration after a very dubious season.

people will show there true feelings by the amount of season tickets sold.

i have to agree it is pretty disgusting for someone to throw something at a player...but probably done out of sheer frustration after a very dubious season.

people will show there true feelings by the amount of season tickets sold.

agreed tbh i think that smalley has been one of our better preformers lately one of the only ones willing to run at a man as we saw today winning the pen!!! frustration??? any normal person doesnt do that complete stupidity imo

Thats a pitty some of the players didnt get to say Goodbye to the fans...

Its not why they came out though, it was due to the people on the pitch nothing more sinister

Thats a pitty some of the players didnt get to say Goodbye to the fans...

Its not why they came out though, it was due to the people on the pitch nothing more sinister

So with people on the pitch there was concerns for there safety?

So with people on the pitch there was concerns for there safety?

basically!!! i have got my info off a player and he says that all the players wanted to say thnx to the fans espcially norm as he feels he wont be here but some morons ruined it also looks like there is some unity back in the team as they all decided not to go back out

basically!!! i have got my info off a player and he says that all the players wanted to say thnx to the fans espcially norm as he feels he wont be here but some morons ruined it also looks like there is some unity back in the team as they all decided not to go back out

I take it your speaking from the words of words said to a mate from a mate from Smalley ! :huh:

It wasn't there personal safety that was the concern it was the safety of fans trying to get kit of players etc I would imagine

I take it your speaking from the words of words said to a mate from a mate from Smalley ! :huh:

It was there personal safety that was the concern it was the safety of fans trying to get kit of players etc I would imagine

[/q

All im saying is that a player i know has told me what happened and why they didnt want to go back out!! if any1 is annoyed they didnt come back out u have some main stand morons to blame

agreed tbh i think that smalley has been one of our better preformers lately one of the only ones willing to run at a man as we saw today winning the pen!!! frustration??? any normal person doesnt do that complete stupidity imo

Smalley was tripe today and got lucky with that penalty decision. The way he limped around for 10-15 minutes after a bit of contact with a Southend player was a joke and if the club had anything like a bench he should have been dragged off. When he tries there is nodoubt he has talent but today he was back to his old self and that is why he probably got some grief at the end. Throwing objects at him is out of order though and gave the players an excuse to stay put in the dressing room.

I dont belive its because fans were on the pitch. This happens every year and is soon cleared, it has not stopped the players coming out before to milk the applause... I hope they are ashamed of the way they have given up this season and it was just a matter of them being to embarrased

Edited by NIKI1234

Lap of honour my @rse! All the thanks I expect is effort on the pitch, that would do. But we've not had that for a long time. Bunch of losers the lot of them. Anyway don't kid yourself; they didn't give a second thought to coming back out.

Fingers crossed that's the last I've seen of a lot of them.

E4e

DSGRC

I dont belive its because fans were on the pitch. This happens every year and is soon cleared, it has not stopped the players coming out before to milk the applause... I hope they are ashamed of the way they have given up this season and it was just a matter of them being to embarrased

Exactly.

I would say the real reason for them not coming out is that there was no-one to come out to!

Whether or not someone did indeed throw something at Smalley is irrelevant. The act, if it happened, is deplorable and the offender should have been ejected and banned.

However, why on earth should that stop the players coming out to thank those loyal supporters who stayed behind to honour the annual tradition of reciprical applause (I would have been long gone, if I'd been at yesterday's game). Yeah, they may have taken some stick but, boo hoo, they're supposed to be grown men, aren't they?

I'm not buying the idea that they feared for their safety - frankly, I don't think anyone cares about most of them enough for that to be a factor - and if you want to excuse the players on the basis of this supposed 'Main Stand moron' then knock yourself out.

They should have come back out, regardless.

maybe you should use your crystal ball more often, preferably before the event, then when you are always correct you can make all the decisions

ok, so when was the last time a latics player was harmed during the end of season thank you?

Smalley was poor yesterday - I seriously wonder about his attitude. He looked uninterested for large parts of the game, and coming after rumours about this text message it makes me wonder whether he doesn't need a rocket up the ass pretty sharpish.

However, if someone has thrown something at him then that is unacceptable - but no grounds to show that level of disrespect to the paying fans who've funded their highly average performances this season. Poor no show from the players...

Smalley was poor yesterday - I seriously wonder about his attitude. He looked uninterested for large parts of the game, and coming after rumours about this text message it makes me wonder whether he doesn't need a rocket up the ass pretty sharpish.

However, if someone has thrown something at him then that is unacceptable - but no grounds to show that level of disrespect to the paying fans who've funded their highly average performances this season. Poor no show from the players...

Often seems up for it in first half then disappears after the break. same again yesterday.

whats new about the team not turning up at the end yesterday..

they've hardly turned up since xmas.

this season has been truly an eye opener for me .

the way the club has been run,the attitude of some players,the lack of discipline and commitment etc.

disastrous and embarrassing.

4500 adult season tickets for next season? ..best laugh in years!

lucky to sell 3000 overall i'd say.

the team never turned up,and next season the fans won't either..

unless ..theres a absolute overall in personnel -in the team and backroom staff.

TTA are now at the crossroads..time for that huge decision.

push to the next level or tread water.

wake me up when its announced.

Edited by johnny punkster

It wasn't there personal safety that was the concern it was the safety of fans trying to get kit of players etc I would imagine

Sorry but you're flogging a dead horse with that one...for many previous a season, the kids have gone running on. Then they've been cleared off and then the players have come back out. 1st time in my years that they've not come out. Extremely disappointed by it...those who don't think they deserved a clapped f :censored: ed off...so be it...the rest of us wanted to clap some of the players who did deserve a clap (ala Taylor etc.) Even under Moore they came out!

PS As for Maher, he can go :censored: himself for coming out and clapping the Southend fans then signing a few autographs and ignoring everyone else in the Upper Main Stand and Chaddy End...I'll pack his bags for him!

Edited by Stevie_J
Foul language

Didn't stay behind for the first time in years. The fact the players didn't come out is an utter disgrace, whatever the excuse was, its not good enough. You cant be arsed to show some effort for the team and fans that pay your wages since christmas and then they don't even bother coming out to clap the fans at the end. The WHOLE squad should be ashamed of themselves, not one player had the balls to stand up and say something, spineless.

Maybe they thought they would be getting a bad reception? Well stand up and face the music then, you dig yourselves a hole you get yourselves out of it, not go and hide away like you have done all season.

Wholesale changes, get rid of this lazy shower of :censored:e.

whats new about the team not turning up at the end yesterday..

they've hardly turned up since xmas.

this season has been truly an eye opener for me .

the way the club has been run,the attitude of some players,the lack of discipline and commitment etc.

disastrous and embarrassing.

4500 adult season tickets for next season? ..best laugh in years!

lucky to sell 3000 overall i'd say.

the team never turned up,and next season the fans won't either..

unless ..theres a absolute overall in personnel -in the team and backroom staff.

TTA are now at the crossroads..time for that huge decision.

push to the next level or tread water.

wake me up when its announced.

Very well said!!

PS As for Maher, he can go :censored: himself for coming out and clapping the Southend fans then signing a few autographs and ignoring everyone else in the Upper Main Stand and Chaddy End...I'll pack his bags for him!

Maybe the Southend fans actually dish out some praise to their players rather than tirades of abuse? Isnt he a Southend legend anyway. This season has been :censored:e, but a lot of our fans need to look at themselves too. I bet we are the only team with a player in the PFA team of the year who gets abuse in nearly every match he plays.

I dont think the players deserved any applause from the fans they have been awful, but I dont see how our fans really deserve much praise for our support as we dont really give them any at BP. Sad but true.