Started there didn't he? Wouldn't surprise me if Burton fancied him tbh.

I think he started at Northampton IIRC and then played for Rubbish & Dustbin's and then Kettering before starting his love affair with Lincoln. Yeah maybe Burton but like you i think he is destined for the conference.

and its all those boo boys at barnsley who's credited for that.

feck he was crap though!

Yes. Possibly the worst player I've ever seen in a Tics shirt. Certainly up there (or is it down there?) with the worst of 'em.

But the abuse he was singled out for was inceduously horrible, and made me ashamed to be a blue. No player, no matter how bad should be singled out in that way, they were all bad that day. Every one of them.

Yes. Possibly the worst player I've ever seen in a Tics shirt. Certainly up there (or is it down there?) with the worst of 'em.

Really? Christ. Stuart Thom, Rob Scott and Wayne Gill must have been attentive to your needs :wink:

I saw Lincoln bitch score once.

Trust me i was not amused, i had to celebrate and everything!

I remember going to a wedding in Lincoln, actually on the day of the last game of the season when Allott missed that sitter for chesterfield to get his beloved Oldham into the playoffs. Whilst drunk I was asked by a lincoln fan how "His favourite player Butcher" was getting on at latics... I was very drunk and I laughed a lot... a very lot...

I remember going to a wedding in Lincoln, actually on the day of the last game of the season when Allott missed that sitter for chesterfield to get his beloved Oldham into the playoffs. Whilst drunk I was asked by a lincoln fan how "His favourite player Butcher" was getting on at latics... I was very drunk and I laughed a lot... a very lot...

Best thing he ever did was win me a small fortune against colchester with a late goal.

I think he started at Northampton IIRC and then played for Rubbish & Dustbin's and then Kettering before starting his love affair with Lincoln. Yeah maybe Burton but like you i think he is destined for the conference.

He'll go to wherever Keith Alexander is, and I think that's Macclesfield.

I blame the white boots for his lack of ability, will never forget his "clapping" celebration away at Bradford when the week before people were moaning that he didnt acknowledge the fans.

He'll go to wherever Keith Alexander is, and I think that's Macclesfield.

I blame the white boots for his lack of ability, will never forget his "clapping" celebration away at Bradford when the week before people were moaning that he didnt acknowledge the fans.

Remember his booking at Barnsley and the Latics fans were chanting off, off, off maybe out of order but it still tickles me.

I tuned into this thread thinking there was something funny in it.

Alas no its just about a former player. Not a very good one admittedly, just one getting a P45, wow hilarious!

Seriously, he played for us he moved on, perhaps its time to that ourselves eh, move on?

Alas no its just about a former player. Not a very good one admittedly, just one getting a P45, wow hilarious!

Seriously, he played for us he moved on, perhaps its time to that ourselves eh, move on?

Exactly my thoughts on this. Wasnt a great player but got so much abuse. There are some players that fans take in instant dislike to.

Judge and Jury have spoken! Close the board down folks!

Exactly my thoughts on this. Wasnt a great player but got so much abuse. There are some players that fans take in instant dislike to.

I think you'll find the majority of people dislike Butcher for 1 MAIN reason more than him being utterly fecking :censored:! That MAIN reasonbeing...for running off to Lincoln on loan and slagging off the club he was employed by. The feck tried talking himself out of the club...remember these words of his?..."I'll never play for Oldham again" while he was on loan at Lincoln. But they didn't have the cash to keep him on loan any longer so he ended up back with us. Stupid, stupid boy!

Now had he swallowed his pride, taken his medicine and come back saying "I was poor before, but I'm going to prove you wrong and show what I can do" then I'dve been in full support (even if quietly sceptic...coz he was that :censored:!) As it was, I never wanted him in the shirt again (never once booed him nor any other player) and find it quite apt that the fecker is going down the footballing plughole :grin: