Micahwatch 2009

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said, even the experts, by their own admission, don't know.

Which I think contradicts 'the threat of depression being more than a reality'?

Disclaimer - I'm not 100% what you meant and therefore can't 100% confirm your contradiction.

Edit: Meanwhile, will United pay £32.5M for a rich mans Paul Warne.....if not, will it have been the financial climate that stopped them?

Who knows? But I bet that those charged with handling their £700 million (?) debt are watching developments in the world economy with at least some sense of trepidation.

(Or hopefully not...)

I'd be surprised if they sack Hughes, for the simple reason that if you weigh up the actions of the Abu Dhabi owners so far, the age of knee-jerk reactions at City appears to be over. The current owners don't seem given to panic and will not bow to fan pressure. And if the City message boards are any kind of indicator of anything, City fans are, if anything, split straight down the middle regarding Hughes-who still has the makings of a decent manager, in my opinion. The reason he has struggled this season is that when the new owners came in the nature of his job changed dramatically.

What's happened with Richards is that the early publicity and rave reviews went to his head-and everybody else's. He is a good solid player who could end up a regular international-or end up in the Championship. Nothing is clear yet and anybody thinking of bidding for him knows this. This will be reflected in the offered prices.

At the end of the day regarding City, they are still in with a chance of getting to europe next season again by finishing 7th in the league, unless everton win the fa cup and finish 8th in the league.

Theres no way they can sack him if he finishes 7th

Which I think contradicts 'the threat of depression being more than a reality'?

Disclaimer - I'm not 100% what you meant and therefore can't 100% confirm your contradiction.

The sentence is self-explanatory, and I've already expanded on it in the above posts.

How big is Manures debt though???? got to be approaching 700 mill

It's a £700m mortgage on an asset (the business) that has been valued between £10m (Knighton) and over £1bn over the last 20 years.

If it's a 70% mortgage at the moment, it shouldn't be a problem for them.

That said, if the value is falling (which it may be if the Setanta deal collapses) and the debt is rising (which I believe it is) then they could end up in the doggy doo.

The sentence is self-explanatory, and I've already expanded on it in the above posts.

Being "more than a reality" is a phrase that confuses me.

If you meant "more likely to become a reality" I better understand the point.

They will sack Hughes if they feel he doesn't carry the stature required to attract the top players that the owners will expect their budget to buy.

Edited by opinions4u

At the end of the day regarding City, they are still in with a chance of getting to europe next season again by finishing 7th in the league, unless everton win the fa cup and finish 8th in the league.

Nothing would be a surprise the way the game is now-but the Abu Dhabi owners seem to be a cut above the average club owner. Endless wealth seems to breed a sense of calm.

Who knows? But I bet that those charged with handling their £700 million (?) debt are watching developments in the world economy with at least some sense of trepidation.

(Or hopefully not...)

I would guess that repayments on the debt are at an all time low? Hopefully I'm missing something and United crumble next week.....

Being "more than a reality" is a phrase that confuses me.

If you meant "more likely to become a reality" I better understand the point.

Writing these posts on the hoof, I simply meant to convey the fact that most serious analysts seem to regard the possibilty of a depression as still very much on the agenda. As already said, it could go either way.

I would guess that repayments on the debt are at an all time low? Hopefully I'm missing something and United crumble next week.....

I seem to recall reading about a range of different financing, a lot of which was at fixed interest rates over the 8% mark, some repayable within 5 years of commencing. I don't think falling worldwide interest rates will be helping the Glaziers.

Writing these posts on the hoof, I simply meant to convey the fact that most serious analysts seem to regard the possibilty of a depression as still very much on the agenda. As already said, it could go either way.

Ta.

Know the feeling :grin:

Edited by opinions4u

I don't know how it works, but you can find a few recent articles on the 'net where the writers have reported 'concerns' over the debt.

I tend to skim over articles about ManUre.

They will sack Hughes if they feel he doesn't carry the stature required to attract the top players that the owners will expect their budget to buy.

They can afford to wait though. They have said that they see their project at City as a long-term one. I expect him to be given at least another season while they see how he shapes up. They know he hasn't been tested in a big money job before.

Like the economy, Hughes could go either way...

I seem to recall reading about a range of different financing, a lot of which was at fixed interest rates over the 8% mark, some repayable within 5 years of commencing. I don't think falling worldwide interest rates will be helping the Glaziers.

I don't know how it works, but you can find a few recent articles on the 'net where the writers have reported 'concerns' over the debt.

I tend to skim over articles about ManUre.

Let's rejoice. :)

Just to pull us back on subject.....

Not sure of the details, i'm sure someone out there wil know, but arent FIFA or UEFA looking ata scheme where a percentage of players have to be a product of the clubs youth scheme or something like that? Therefore, no mater how large the Arabian wallets, they need to have players like Micah to adhere to the rules. Therefore........ no sale?

Just to pull us back on subject.....

Not sure of the details, i'm sure someone out there wil know, but arent FIFA or UEFA looking ata scheme where a percentage of players have to be a product of the clubs youth scheme or something like that? Therefore, no mater how large the Arabian wallets, they need to have players like Micah to adhere to the rules. Therefore........ no sale?

think there is something in the pipeline where a club has to field six homegrown players in the squad,or team... so yes not sure when it comes in,but english players will be bought n sold again accordingly,instead of the influx of foreign players...

be interesting as to what they determine home grown players...last time we had something which was the 3 foreigners rule..there was confusion over english irish scottish and welsh players.

Reports saying this is nearly a done deal for 12 million, Villa want Daniel Sturridge also for free. How much would we get if 12 million is the right price?

2.4 million, not sure if Sturridge can go a free though, the 12million you quote might be for both of them, in which case Latics would probably receive much less.

Edited by BP1960

2.4 million, not sure if Sturridge can go a free though, the 12million you quote might be for both of them, in which case Latics would probably receive much less.

And thats why he might go a spart of a double deal. Lets say the value is 10m for MR & 2m for DS. They change that to 6m for each and our cut suddenly drops. Sneaky