Micahwatch 2009

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First confirmed Spring sighting

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...15875-21328216/

Sounds like the club's really up for it next season. In for a Penney.......

Cue for a spin-off series, Punwatch 2009, starring the new Latics management. Any takers ?

This one is quite believable. Villa have a bit of money, a young up and coming team and a good manager. All of which will attract a player like him.

How much are we talking nowadays? About £8-10M is my idea of his price.

This one is quite believable. Villa have a bit of money, a young up and coming team and a good manager. All of which will attract a player like him.

laursen is more than likely gonna quit because of injuries...barry doesnt want to be there,but honoured his contract and obligations for this season,he wants to go to liverpool.so they will have a bit of cash splashing about.

they have already had a 12 million offer refused,city dont need the money,but wont let him go to a rival on the cheap,so i reckon they would probably sell for around 15 million,which could net us a potential 3 million,pay the bills for a season and give some to the manager.

MAybe there is a clue in Simon Corneys comment "we are going to have a better budget than we first thought". Just under last year.

I'd have no oroblem the TTA taking back some of the money they have put in over the past few seasons.

amazing nobody at all inc the papers, except we latics fans of course know anything about the 20% cut we will get if he is sold.

MAybe there is a clue in Simon Corneys comment "we are going to have a better budget than we first thought". Just under last year.

I'd have no oroblem the TTA taking back some of the money they have put in over the past few seasons.

were is that said?

amazing nobody at all inc the papers, except we latics fans of course know anything about the 20% cut we will get if he is sold.

Thats right even most city fans i talk to are not aware of the 20% - very strange

laursen is more than likely gonna quit because of injuries...barry doesnt want to be there,but honoured his contract and obligations for this season,he wants to go to liverpool.so they will have a bit of cash splashing about.

they have already had a 12 million offer refused,city dont need the money,but wont let him go to a rival on the cheap,so i reckon they would probably sell for around 15 million,which could net us a potential 3 million,pay the bills for a season and give some to the manager.

More than a season!!!

Would be at least 3 seasons before TTA would have to dip into their own pockets to fund any losses. Would hopefully see us through this recession

More than a season!!!

Would be at least 3 seasons before TTA would have to dip into their own pockets to fund any losses. Would hopefully see us through this recession

indeed did thay say at one stage the tta that thay was lossing over 500k per year so that would be more than anuff :D

indeed did thay say at one stage the tta that thay was lossing over 500k per year so that would be more than anuff :D

Dont know what the losses were this year (does anyone) but for the 2007/2008 season we lost 400k (although would have been alot more were it not for trotman sale and cup run)

Even on losses of 700k a year, that would keep us going for another 4 yrs!!!

I think the figure will be between £750k-£1million for this season no cup money remember if it was £3million the chances are it would be spread out over 2-3 installments very much doubt we would get it all in one lump sum.

If we do eventually get the Micah money, I think it would only be fair for TTA to take a slice.

If I were them I'd pop a little butty into the playing budget and make a start on the redevelopment. It's an ideal time to put up throw up some houses or office space with the lull in the building market. This could be done in time for 2010 and hopefully, a recovery in the economy.

If we do eventually get the Micah money, I think it would only be fair for TTA to take a slice.

If I were them I'd pop a little butty into the playing budget and make a start on the redevelopment. It's an ideal time to put up throw up some houses or office space with the lull in the building market. This could be done in time for 2010 and hopefully, a recovery in the economy.

Nail meet head.

If we somehow managed to finally get the MicahMoney then the redevelopment should be top of the list. The complete lack of demand means that costs will be at an all time low and the investment will only grow in value as the market recovers, be that in 5 months or 10 years.

MAybe there is a clue in Simon Corneys comment "we are going to have a better budget than we first thought".

I read into that being about some money saved from moving on the likes of Hughes and Lids, with Crossley now gone too (which they must've known was happening when that comment was made) and I expect Gregan won't be here too (but might be wrong)...so all in all, the budget is loosing some big hitters. A couple of them earlier than first thought.

I read into that being about some money saved from moving on the likes of Hughes and Lids, with Crossley now gone too (which they must've known was happening when that comment was made) and I expect Gregan won't be here too (but might be wrong)...so all in all, the budget is loosing some big hitters. A couple of them earlier than first thought.

That's more likely. How likely is it really that the powers-that-be at City think to contact Latics to say 'We might sell Richards or we might not, but put your budget for next season on hold for now just in case?'

Any club thinking of paying the above mentioned £15 million, £10 million or even £8 million in the current financial climate would have to be insane. He isn't worth that amount for the simple reason that he isn't that good.

The Micah money will not rescue us. It never was going to rescue us.

By my approximate reckoning that has/would save us £50k tops. Gregan can't be seen as an extra saving because he has never been contracted next season, same with Crossley although if he has already gone they might save a few grand.

So £50k? Stefan Stam for a year? Hardly a great improvement in budget. Not that I think it's Micah money - more likely that TTA have found their pockets to be a little deeper than expected, or maybe the thing Lags pointed out about parachute payments being spread out if they are no longer needed? But then that would be negated by everybody getting the money.

Any club thinking of paying the above mentioned £15 million, £10 million or even £8 million in the current financial climate would have to be insane. He isn't worth that amount for the simple reason that he isn't that good.

The Micah money will not rescue us. It never was going to rescue us.

:lol: As if clubs in a position to buy Micah Richards are arsed about the 'current financial climate'. And aren't very recent reports/forecasts that the economy is picking up? Not quite in line your suggestions of a depression stretching generations....

I agree Micah isn't as good as some thought, so maybe money bags City will sell him. He would still command a serious fee too - he is still young and has England caps. £10M+ despite his inability to pass.

Edited by Stitch_KTF

I agree Micah isn't as good as some thought, so maybe money bags City will sell him. He would still command a serious fee too - he is still young and has England caps. £10M+ despite his inability to pass.

That ability might be resurrected with a decent manager in charge.

Still hopeful that he goes in the Summer, but, you can just see a new manager coming in at City, Richards gets his act together and stays put.

I know a fair few City fans and none of them rate Hughes as manager, even though they have dragged themselves out of the doodah, regarding league position.

:lol: As if clubs in a position to buy Micah Richards are arsed about the 'current financial climate'. And aren't very recent reports/forecasts that the economy is picking up? Not quite in line your suggestions of a depression stretching generations....

Of course they're concerned. Even ManUre are being careful now.

If you read between the lines of what's being reported on the economy lately, what's actually being said is that the feeling of the economy falling off a cliff seems to be slowing while the crisis continues. Listen to today's news about the latest predictions of Britain's economy shrinking by 4%, as opposed to the Chancellor's forecast 2%. 8 million jobs in the EU are said to be almost definitely destinesd to disappear. There appears to have been, since the G20 summit, a concerted effort in the media to 'talk the economy up', and the stock markets are reacting positively to this, but almost no serious commentators is saying that the crisis is anywhere near its end. Do some reading of the financial pages and look around the 'net. The threat of a depression is still more than a reality.

It still sometimes anmazes me how gullible and naive so many people are. 'Make 'em laugh, make 'em cry...'

That ability might be resurrected with a decent manager in charge.

Still hopeful that he goes in the Summer, but, you can just see a new manager coming in at City, Richards gets his act together and stays put.

I know a fair few City fans and none of them rate Hughes as manager, even though they have dragged themselves out of the doodah, regarding league position.

I'd be surprised if they sack Hughes, for the simple reason that if you weigh up the actions of the Abu Dhabi owners so far, the age of knee-jerk reactions at City appears to be over. The current owners don't seem given to panic and will not bow to fan pressure. And if the City message boards are any kind of indicator of anything, City fans are, if anything, split straight down the middle regarding Hughes-who still has the makings of a decent manager, in my opinion. The reason he has struggled this season is that when the new owners came in the nature of his job changed dramatically.

What's happened with Richards is that the early publicity and rave reviews went to his head-and everybody else's. He is a good solid player who could end up a regular international-or end up in the Championship. Nothing is clear yet and anybody thinking of bidding for him knows this. This will be reflected in the offered prices.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

How's that work then?

Because the economy is now running on emergency. Interest rates at this level and 'quantitative easing' have never been called on like this before. Nor has a rescue package on the scale of Obama's. Nobody knows for certain what the results of these will be. The West is running on empty and governments by their own admission (again if you rerad between the lines) admit that they're blundering about in the dark in trying to deal with the kind of crisis they never expected.

As I said-I'm no expert; I'm simply summarising what you can read in the papers and elsewhere, or hear on the news and analysis programmes. Even the eternal optimists, when you disregard the confident tone, are deeply nervous about the kind of crisis the causes of which have no exact precedent.

We might well see an apparent recovery, but the underlying problems will remain. That's our reality.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Of course they're concerned. Even ManUre are being careful now.

If you read between the lines of what's being reported on the economy lately, what's actually being said is that the feeling of the economy falling off a cliff seems to be slowing while the crisis continues. Listen to today's news about the latest predictions of Britain's economy shrinking by 4%, as opposed to the Chancellor's forecast 2%. 8 million jobs in the EU are said to be almost definitely destinesd to disappear. There appears to have been, since the G20 summit, a concerted effort in the media to 'talk the economy up', and the stock markets are reacting positively to this, but almost no serious commentators is saying that the crisis is anywhere near its end. Do some reading of the financial pages and look around the 'net. The threat of a depression is still more than a reality.

It still sometimes anmazes me how gullible and naive so many people are. 'Make 'em laugh, make 'em cry...'

Is the recession starting to ease, or is 'depression' nailed on?

?

??

Anyway, I'll get back to editing my dissertation on the subject. I shall be sure to reference your input.

Edit: Meanwhile, will United pay £32.5M for a rich mans Paul Warne.....if not, will it have been the financial climate that stopped them?

Edited by Stitch_KTF