Micahwatch 2009

Am i right in thinking city only offered us between 150k and 200k for the 20%?

yes they did...when we was down on our luck......thought they could get us for a bargain....

hopefully a bidding war will ensue,he has fallen out with hughes recently,as far as i know,united villa and portsmouth were interested in him,and spurs as well i believe.

be interesting to see what happens with this 6 home grown players rule starting

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2.4 million, not sure if Sturridge can go a free though, the 12million you quote might be for both of them, in which case Latics would probably receive much less.

I think in such a case the value of the transfer would be determined by the FA, same as if a cash plus player deal was offered.

12 Mill for the both of them seems a bit low, think they would be looking for at least 5 mill for sturridge

I think in such a case the value of the transfer would be determined by the FA, same as if a cash plus player deal was offered.

12 Mill for the both of them seems a bit low, think they would be looking for at least 5 mill for sturridge

i heard we cashed the 20% clause in for about £250k

its only what i heard though. a lad at work knows the main guy on the trust board.

didnt no whether to believe it or not though. sounds like summat they would do though.

As far as I am aware, city put a bid in to buy out the clause, they were told in no uncertain terms to piss off.

And that was the end of it

I doubt anyone at the club would be daft enough to cash that in for such a paltry sum.

And agree with Zorrro, would be very dissappointed, fuming actually, if we did!!!

As far as I am aware, city put a bid in to buy out the clause, they were told in no uncertain terms to piss off.

I doubt anyone at the club would be daft enough to cash that in for such a paltry sum.

And agree with Zorrro, would be very dissappointed, fuming actually, if we did!!!

:lol: Imagine the lack of thought behind any acceptance on our part. If city were to offer such a deal it would no doubt be because it suited them financially....and therefore not us!

If Micah does go anytime soon I'll be gutted that Joe went just before the news broke.

Edited by Stitch_KTF

Who was the City chairman when they offered us the paltry sum? Was it Shinawatra? Or please dont say John Wardle! :grin:

it was only a few weeks ago when i got told this the guy came into work and said

"i no why the owners arent moanin about money anymore its because theyve broke even by acceptin an offer for richards"

this guy is an oldham fan not a city fan windin me up but i dont no if it could stay quiet if it went through so thats why i dont

believe it fully but it wouldnt suprise me 1 bit if it was true

I definately saw an Offical Club statement on the club webiste that we rejected the City Offer.

I definately did nt see one that we had accepted a settlement...

I too think the Trust would have a lot of explaining to do if that were the case.

And in fact the TTA.

Selling of the Crown Jewels was not supposed to happen with the TTA on board.

Now I could understand it if there was talk of TTA cash flow problems, but we have splashed out loads on injured strikers, Prem Superstars, loanees from clubs with more money than sense.

I can't see the TTA doing that, but of course it might have happened.

I could see them selling it for a fair bit more, which is why we were able to go from 4th bottom spending at the time of the last Transfer window and sign silly strikers.

Is that why John Wardle is a friend of the club...! ??

Edited by singe

These things will always have a price. Crown jewels they maybe, but there are circumstances where they are worthless.

If Richards played out his career at Man City Latics get 20% of nothing.

If he goes on a free at the end of a contract, Latics get 20% of nothing.

If (as has happened) his form drops, Latics get 20% of a lower figure than he was previously worth.

So if City made a more significant offer to Latics to buy out the clause, there will be a number that TTA will be prepared to say "we'll take it thanks", perhaps with a clause that if he is sold within 12 months Latics don't lose out.

Edited by opinions4u

These things will always have a price. Crown jewels they maybe, but there are circumstances where they are worthless.

If Richards played out his career at Man City Latics get 20% of nothing.

If he goes on a free at the end of a contract, Latics get 20% of nothing.

If (as has happened) his form drops, Latics get 20% of a lower figure than he was previously worth.

So if City made a more significant offer to Latics to buy out the clause, there will be a number that TTA will be prepared to say "we'll take it thanks", perhaps with a clause that if he is sold within 12 months Latics don't lose out.

Maybe they would. Who knows?

It has been done in secret, though. Even if somebody's workmate 'no's it.

Edit to add that what I meant to write here was that it HASN'T been done in secret.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Maybe they would. Who knows?

It has been done in secret, though. Even if somebody's workmate 'no's it.

Edit to add that what I meant to write here was that it HASN'T been done in secret.

dont take my word for it because it might not be true im just sayin thats what he told me.

:lol: Imagine the lack of thought behind any acceptance on our part. If city were to offer such a deal it would no doubt be because it suited them financially....and therefore not us!

Nothing in your dissertation about the subjectivity of value then Stitch? ;)

You must have missed my post on jsslatics thread entitled 'dissertations', a post edited with apace.

The short answer is no, and after googling the phrase it will be staying that way.

:unsure: Smartarse :unsure:

I did pick up your, "dissertation," post post-edit, although I think I got the flavour of it ;) As someone who feels morally entitled to shares in a couple of people's degrees it rang a bell.

Anyway, congratulations in being, without any possibility of doubt, amongst the first two Latics fans to post a link related to Ludwig von Mises on a football forum ;)

I did pick up your, "dissertation," post post-edit, although I think I got the flavour of it ;) As someone who feels morally entitled to shares in a couple of people's degrees it rang a bell.

Anyway, congratulations in being, without any possibility of doubt, amongst the first two Latics fans to post a link related to Ludwig von Mises on a football forum ;)

Tssk; this pseudo-intellectualism...

Tssk; this pseudo-intellectualism...

Less of the pseudo about it... Anyway, I can mix it up with knob gags and accounts of me sleeping beneath hedges/mates having sex with canines and so on. I am a man for all seasons.

I like to think that the flavour of my (potential) phantom degree is a little bit different….if not particularly cunning. Funnily enough you actually mentioned what my disseration is more specifically about just yesterday....

As for our Ludwig.....you learn something everyday on OWTB. :wink:

Less of the pseudo about it... Anyway, I can mix it up with knob gags and accounts of me sleeping beneath hedges/mates having sex with canines and so on. I am a man for all seasons.

I believe you have also been known to pass opinion on a player other than Micah Richards.

P.S I never thanked you for your seemingly sound advice on the subject of private issued parking tickets. It would seem that sending back :censored:ty correspondence does get them off your case…

Ok this is off his own website so obviously going to big himself up, but these comments from Arshavin and Tevez prove that he's not lost it and should still command a big fee if he goes.

Micah praise

Also in reference to the Hughes - Micah bust up, seems that it's been resolved: Hughes sorry

well if the 20% sell on is stil there then this bus up with hughes is brilliant. how much is he worth these days?? hardy must be rubbin his hands