The rise and fall of Michael Ricketts

yes was there too. lots of orange and a nice sweet smell wafting up, from the stand below!

Darius Vassell scored i think with a scissors type kick at the opposite end to us.

KTF

Yeh thats right and Patrick Kluivert scored for them - memorable couple of days in Amsterdam! nice ground aswell :grin:

Not a surprise really...they can't afford him. I imagine he'll be off to the US next (he's had a trial out there before, I'm sure he'll prob try again.)

If he turns up here in the MLS I will make sure I boo him and sing the classic (gimp) song "Die Ricketts, Die" that I heard in the Chaddy when we played Walsall Xmas 2008.

If he turns up here in the MLS I will make sure I boo him and sing the classic (gimp) song "Die Ricketts, Die" that I heard in the Chaddy when we played Walsall Xmas 2008.

I'm sure you'll make a right "impression" of yourself if you do...well, that's if you stay in the ground long enough before what I'd expect to be quite a hasty launching out! Rightly so...no place in football for :censored: like that to be chanted!

I'm sure someone with his 'immense footballing brain' will be snapped up no problem.

I think he has a decent footballing brain for this level.

I base that on him scoring more goals for Walsall at BP since he left than he ever did for Oldham!

It's just a shame his head was elsewhere when he played for us.

The irony of us starting 2007/8 with three talents up front (Ricketts, Davies, Hughes) all of whom have errr, how can I say this without attracting a court case, errr, questionable temperament (2 of them with court convictions) is, well, ironic.

I'd be very surprised if anybody is prepared to take him on with a decent wage though.

Edited by opinions4u

I think he has a decent footballing brain for this level.

I base that on him scoring more goals for Walsall at BP since he left than he ever did for Oldham!

It's just a shame his head was elsewhere when he played for us.

The irony of us starting 2007/8 with three talents up front (Ricketts, Davies, Hughes) all of whom have errr, how can I say this without attracting a court case, errr, questionable temperament (2 of them with court convictions) is, well, ironic.

I'd be very surprised if anybody is prepared to take him on with a decent wage though.

Both times he has returned to Boundary Park he has been head and shoulders above anything on the field. Yes, I found him to be a big lazy turd when he was here but given the amount of high-profile strikers that have failed here over the last 2 years is it all the players fault or Sheridan's tactics and the crap service from an inadequate midfield?

Both times he has returned to Boundary Park he has been head and shoulders above anything on the field. Yes, I found him to be a big lazy turd when he was here but given the amount of high-profile strikers that have failed here over the last 2 years is it all the players fault or Sheridan's tactics and the crap service from an inadequate midfield?

i dont think the midfield was inadequate cause of neil kilkenny

I'm sure you'll make a right "impression" of yourself if you do...well, that's if you stay in the ground long enough before what I'd expect to be quite a hasty launching out! Rightly so...no place in football for :censored: like that to be chanted!

Yes, think you may have a point there. :lol:

In over 30+ years (on and off) of going to BP I think that (Ricketts) song is the most embarrassing chant/song I've ever heard at BP. I can't think of a worse song... Sounds like an idea for a poll - it's probably already been done though.