Michael Nelson

Set to leave Hartlepool and available on a free. I can see us going in for someone like him.

Good stopper type defender who scores his fair share, very much in the mould of a Gregan/Garnett - will he be cheaper than Greegs though?

Championship player

If he was, he would have been snapped up by now not spending 6 years at Hartlepool. He'll move to someone in our League I reckon or do a Porter. One thing I am worried about is having to compete for players against the three big clubs coming down and maybe Leeds or Mk Dons. However - Dave Penney seems a canny type of guy in the market - proved when nicking Hefferlump from under our noses so it promises to be an interesting summer.

Edited by oafcprozac

Hartlepool release five players

Arran Lee-Barratt

Lee-Barratt is one of five players to be released from the club this summer

Hartlepool United have released five players after their contracts expired.

The players to depart are goalkeepers Jan Budtz and Arran Lee-Barratt, defenders Jamie McCunnie and Joe Tait and midfielder Martin Young.

Out-of-contract players Willie Bolland and Rune Lange are being monitored as they recover from injury before a decision is made on their futures.

Meanwhile Pools have offered a new deal to midfielder Richie Jones, after his first season at Victoria Park.

The other players to be offered new deals are captain Michael Nelson, midfielders Matty Robson, Gary Liddle and Andy Monkhouse, and strikers Michael Mackay and Matty Tymon.

Jan Budtz has been released! :censored: Hell! Maybe someone went "BOO!" behind him and he ran off. They must have thought their Lotto numbers had come in the day we took him on loan.

And their first keeper too.

I think they're wanting Konstantanadopolopolis back again.