Summer Activity at BP begins!

I can't help but notice that it appears to be Rugby League fans who are making the point that Rugby League doesn't affect the pitch. Now, I accept that it has less effect than Rugby Union would, given the amount of wrestle and group Sumo invloved in the latter, but really. Does a game of League make an already dodgy pitch

1) Better

2) Worse

3) About the same

In the course of the above, consider that the groundstaff have banned Latics youth and reserves from BP at certain times, because they could. I doubt the two games damage pitches in the same way or mainly in the same areas, but the groundstaff will be desperate for as much time as possible between any games to get the damage fixed. 26 15 stone square-shaped men running up and down in lines of 13 wearing long studs does not make a dodgy pitch in bad weather conditions any better, it makes it quite a bit worse. Wait for it... FACT!

I can't help but notice that it appears to be Rugby League fans who are making the point that Rugby League doesn't affect the pitch. Now, I accept that it has less effect than Rugby Union would, given the amount of wrestle and group Sumo invloved in the latter, but really. Does a game of League make an already dodgy pitch

1) Better

2) Worse

3) About the same

In the course of the above, consider that the groundstaff have banned Latics youth and reserves from BP at certain times, because they could. I doubt the two games damage pitches in the same way or mainly in the same areas, but the groundstaff will be desperate for as much time as possible between any games to get the damage fixed. 26 15 stone square-shaped men running up and down in lines of 13 wearing long studs does not make a dodgy pitch in bad weather conditions any better, it makes it quite a bit worse. Wait for it... FACT!

I didn't. Wait for it....FACT.

• 1 year later...

There is video on Latics Player now of the slut tractors! A full 3 minutes 14 seconds of uncut tractor action that you won't find anywhere else. I did find Gordon's heavy breathing put me off my stroke though

I'm planning on doing the same on my lawns at the weekend so if it is good enough for the BP pitch then it is good enough for patches of moss.

There is video on Latics Player now of the slut tractors! A full 3 minutes 14 seconds of uncut tractor action that you won't find anywhere else. I did find Gordon's heavy breathing put me off my stroke though

I'm planning on doing the same on my lawns at the weekend so if it is good enough for the BP pitch then it is good enough for patches of moss.

Dammit, I can't use LP on my laptop and I suspect a spell of accomodation at the pleasure of His Royal Highness Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan would follow as surely as night follows day if I were found, "enjoying," this video at a public facility.

Can you freeze the frames on your favourite moments? PS, hope the wife doesn't come back unexpectedly and find your secret stash. I suppose you keep them in the garden shed?