i would think so. Abbott anf Kennedy I would think, minimum

And maybe a bit sooner than first thought now their officially not getting paid, poss by next week?

I think alot of the first teamers are mulling over offers elsewhere anyway

On a sad note, its not looking good for them at all and they are looking v v likely to be the first pro club to go bust : (

And maybe a bit sooner than first thought now their officially not getting paid, poss by next week?

On a sad note, its not looking good for them at all and they are looking v v likely to be the first pro club to go bust : (

Footballers are going to have to lover there standards, or they with be fooked. Its not the prommised land any more. There will be lots of good footballers redundant in the coming weeks. Im just glad we have a real manager manager in charge, at this time. Penney will only bring the Darlo players he rates to play at this level. League 1 and 2 are not too disimilar

Sorry Carl, I must take issue with this - I mean didn't football exist pre-greedy league? What about Aldershot and Maidstone United and Newport County who all went bust in the late 80s and early 90s? and there was nowhere near the money floating about all four leagues that there is now. I mean even the conference is mostly full-time now.

I agree though, it isn't looking good for them.

On a sad note, its not looking good for them at all and they are looking v v likely to be the first pro club post greed league formation to go bust : (

better prozac? And you forgot bout accrington stanley :wink:

Edited by Lookers_Carl

I genuinely feel them; we’ve been there & it’s not nice!

The Dowie-amassed side was ripped apart after we went into admin; for under market value fees & free transfers.

Darlo had a very solid L2 side that was well worth a playoff spot this season. It now looks like even if they get a buyer in; the team will be decimated anyway & they’ll have to start afresh again; with a similar situation to us – kids, journey men, non-league gambles & loans (& 1-legged members of the coaching set-up!!).

Wouldn’t wish any of it on anyone really & I hope they get it all sorted out sooner rather later.

N.B – I do however think that we should exploit this opportunity as all the other sides will look to do also, in terms of DP raiding the player roster for the better players they have (Purdie, Abbott, Kennedy, Austin, Burgmier et all have been mooted)

what happens next

A good article on what happens to League 2 and where Darlington will have to restart.

FFS! I feel for their fans I really do. It brings it all back from six years ago. There were many dark days and nights when it looked as though the end was nigh for us and their situation is just as desperate as ours was. I hope a new buyer can be found but the fact that they'll have no squad or coaching team makes the situation all the more desperate. For all Dowie's touting of himself he really did help to try and keep things together. DP stayed for as long as he could but the fact he walked away does suggest that all may be lost.

Guest sheridans_world

We also need to remember Stockport at this time.

I dont know the details of Darlo but Stockport dont even own their own stadium. No assets (playing squad aside) to speak of.

Looking very bad for them too.

We also need to remember Stockport at this time.

I dont know the details of Darlo but Stockport dont even own their own stadium. No assets (playing squad aside) to speak of.

Looking very bad for them too.

Neither do Quakers

WHAT would happen to the club’s creditors if it were to go into liquidation? Would anyone get their money back?

IF the club were to go into liquidation, all assets would immediately be sold in an attempt to raise funds.

However, with the stadium not forming part of the club’s assets and the playing squad having been cut back to a bare minimum, it is hard to see too many saleable assets that could be relinquished.

As a result, it would be extremely unlikely that any creditors would get their money back.

Have stockport got any buyers lined up?

Possibly a firm connected to the company the put them in to administration.

Hmmmmmm

The firm who buys them is the very same firm that put them into administration so it can wipe some of the clubs debts and buy them on the cheap???

Am I the only one who think that sounds a bit dodgy? If thats the case I think they may well have problems passing a CVA hence another points deduction next season?

Hmmmmmm

The firm who buys them is the very same firm that put them into administration so it can wipe some of the clubs debts and buy them on the cheap???

Am I the only one who think that sounds a bit dodgy? If thats the case I think they may well have problems passing a CVA hence another points deduction next season?

Assuming the stories are true, your logic seems to be correct.

Lots of stories and rumours flying about linked to a new stadium development, fewer obligations to Sale Sharks and more than one interested party. As for the truth, no idea lol.

Not John Oster again. How many times have fans linked this imp to Latics......yeah yeah I know this time it's very tenuous like!

Anyone remember that game when Grimsby beat us 3-0 at BP?

Think it was in 97 and a young John Oster ripped us apart - that player would be a great signing!

Pretty sure that was Sharps last game as manager as well.

Always seems a case of the football league kicking the small clubs when they are down ,

The go bust , lose all the players and manager etc then the FA step in and deduct 10 points !!

Talk about double punishment , I know the league are trying to take action to try and stop this but deducting 10 points is after the horse has bolted punishment.

Just when the club need supporters and money etc they get huge financial penalties as a result of the point loss !!

Can't helping feeling soemthings not right to me.

I don't know what the answer is , perhaps the league insist that new owners have to put up some form of guarantees ???

It just makes me realise how lucky we were , think we were the last club to go without the 10 points deduction because the next to go a few weeks after us was Wrexham and we know what happened to them.