D Day Wednesday

prob was but he was playing for a contract, just think its time to move on now get someone else whos young a quick

to many teams played a young quick nippy strikers last year on gregan and look where that got us.... even paul warne ran him all over

why else would he play? they all want a contract dont they?

against some nippy strikers he may struggle sometimes, (not beckford) there are not many defenders as good as greegs in this league, he has his faults but i will be shocked if he is not offered another year

rather him than rubes..please god

and warne scored from a long punt, he did not run over him at all

Personally i would offer Gregan a new one year contract at the very least, but try to get his wages down a tad! After all he is still a very good defender and organiser, which is wot we have always and will always need in our team.

I fink Allott will stay, but the rest are likely to go! I woudl defo get rid of Wolfie, he had pace when i first saw him but he doesnt even seem to have that anymore, he is too small to be a target man and hasnt scored enough in the reserves to impress me. So get rid!

gregan will be offered another contract. most likly a year long contract.

as for wolfy the lad has had very very bad luck in recent times with injuries and that. maybe we should send him out on a season long loan to get him to match fitness.

then bring him back, worked well with chris taylor. worth a shot aint it ?

as for wolfy the lad has had very very bad luck in recent times with injuries and that. maybe we should send him out on a season long loan to get him to match fitness.

then bring him back, worked well with chris taylor. worth a shot aint it ?

No.

Help him find a league 2 club and free the Latics wage up for somebody who has got a chance of making it at this level, or preferably a higher level.

A fair chunk of Gregan's wages were still being paid by Leeds. If Gregan stays he'll be on a reduced wage anyways before we try reduce what we are paying. I think Gregan will be offered a new deal but will he accept it?

I would let the lot of them go; we have had a new start in terms of manger and backroom staff, so let’s keep it going on to the pitch.

If I was to keep one, I always thought Maher was someone who we never saw the best of, yet I always thought he showed glimpses of what he was capable of.

I would let the lot of them go; we have had a new start in terms of manger and backroom staff, so let’s keep it going on to the pitch.

If I was to keep one, I always thought Maher was someone who we never saw the best of, yet I always thought he showed glimpses of what he was capable of.

Maher would make an excellent captain and would have played the season had it not been for Allott.

Problems with him staying are:

1) Allott's been offered a contract.

2) Maher probably wants to play in the south with his family

3) New manager will have other ideas too

prob was but he was playing for a contract, just think its time to move on now get someone else whos young a quick

to many teams played a young quick nippy strikers last year on gregan and look where that got us.... even paul warne ran him all over

I dont care what theyre playing for as long as they get results!!

I wouldnt be at all suprised if Hughes struggled to get a deal anywhere next season, he is only going to be a squad player in the championship if he stays with Blackpool. And their new manager when appointed may not fancy him. His attitude is a big problem.

Jim Gannon :disappointed:

he never rejected or accpeted the lucrative offer they gave him, well i dont think so anyway.

hope he hasnt anyway.

No he didnt sign before his deadline so his contract offer was withdrawn

Dear Mr. Penney,

Could D-Day Wednesday be changed to today or Thursday, please? I'm on a "team building" day tomorrow (read: spending time outdoors with people I despise) and as a result I'll miss the updates/discussion.

Regards,

Mr. R. Cartwright esq.

Dear Mr. Penney,

Could D-Day Wednesday be changed to today or Thursday, please? I'm on a "team building" day tomorrow (read: spending time outdoors with people I despise) and as a result I'll miss the updates/discussion.

Regards,

Mr. R. Cartwright esq.

I'll summarise what will happen for you, some players will be released which will prompt a mixture of approval and indignation on here, some players will be offered new contracts which will prompt a mixture of approval and indignation on here. So in summary, showers.