Allott Rejects New Deal

I really cant believe that the majority on here think allott did a very good job last season!

He was one of the main reasons that our strikers were not getting the service they needed at the crucial part of the season.

The dullest player in so many ways. Ok, he did the simple things correct but not much else.

Penney must have looked at vids of last season with dismay on allotts performances. He simply wasnt attacking enough and didnt use the pace that we had on the flanks.

Thanks for the 07/08 season mark.

Hope he gets fixed up but I`m really not going to miss him.

Keepin that champagne on ice!

I can see what you are getting at, but it was Allotts job to do the boring crap (like a poor mans Makelele). It certainly didn't mix with Maher, and Whitaker is just plain not good enough to be creative on his own. For me Maher is by far a better player in the same position as he has more to his game, but it is wrong to criticise Allott for these aspects of his game.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty gutted Allott isn't staying. He was the only player in the entire squad you could guarantee would give his all for the club he loves week in week out.

So many on here seem to be glad to to see the back of him. Wonder if they are the same people who moan and groan about players not showing commitment?

A successful central midfield pairing usually consists of a holding/linking player along side a visionary/flare player such as a Wellens or a Kilkenny.

Personally I would have given him the two year deal he wanted and then concentrated efforts on finding a quality playmaker to team him up with.

Why Allott could not have been the steady rock partnered with a more skillful player than Whittaker or Maher is beyond me.

I'm usually an optimist but I can see there being a big 'rat' shaped hole in the middle of the park next season.

But lets see who comes in through the revolving door at BP to replace him.

Ok, he did the simple things correct but not much else.

I'd take 11 of those.

Pass the ball to a player in the same shirt.

Take the ball off the players with a different shirt (unless it's your goalie).

Kick the ball in to the big netty thing at the end of the pitch (unless it's defended by your goalie).

Don't let the other team put the ball in to the big netty thing at your end of the pitch.

It's a simple game. 11 players doing the right things at the right time will get us out of this division.

Edited by opinions4u

I'd take 11 of those.

Pass the ball to a player in the same shirt.

Take the ball off the players with a different shirt (unless it's your goalie).

Kick the ball in to the big netty thing at the end of the pitch (unless it's defended by your goalie).

Don't let the other team put the ball in to the big netty thing at your end of the pitch.

It's a simple game. 11 players doing the right things at the right time will get us out of this division.

11 'simple Mark Allotts' won't though.

Reason for edit; Obviously i'm not calling Allott simple.. :D

Edited by futchers briefs