Allott Rejects New Deal

I very much doubt that

Why would he not get a good reception?

He has been a good servent to the club over the past 2 years, swept the board at last seasons awards night, and hasnt done anything wrong.

Paul Warne was in the same situation and got a standing ovation on his return. Whats the difference? :huh:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:moderated: Allott has been most consistant player for last 2 seasons shows last season sweeping all trophies, oldham on a sinking ship, good luck mark class pro and defo to sign for championship or league 1.

will get a good reception if hes back at BP...

all the best mark....

And you are? Great first post mate, great way to introduce yourself to your fellow 'tics, referring to them as 'nobends' 12 are we? What is it, early finish or an IT lesson?

Why would he not get a good reception?

He has been a good servent to the club over the past 2 years, swept the board at last seasons awards night, and hasnt done anything wrong.

Paul Warne was in the same situation and got a standing ovation on his return. Whats the difference? :huh:

He would get a great reception off me, but other latics fans wont see it like that!

:moderated: Allott been most consistant player for last 2 seasons shows last season sweeping all trophies, oldham on a sinking ship, good luck mark class pro and defo to sign for championship or league 1.

all the best mark....

Was you refering to me being 'nobend'? before you even knew what i was getting at with my reply to chaddy?

Great first post son it will put you in good stead for the future

Not just down to what we want though is it Kieran? If he thinks he can get a better deal elsewhere, then good luck to him.
Absolutely, and all the best to him, I really hope he gets Championship footy or a decent league 1, might be best for both parties in the long run, we wait and see!

:moderated: Allott been most consistant player for last 2 seasons shows last season sweeping all trophies, oldham on a sinking ship, good luck mark class pro and defo to sign for championship or league 1.

all the best mark....

championship club?

thankyou, thankyou so much, i havent laughed so much since i saw budz stand between the sticks for us.

I'm glad someone was laughing at Budtz I was crying........and I was only listening to it on LW!

:grin:

well you have to laugh or you will cry wont you? i gave up crying about latics a few years ago now (to much heartache), what will be will be good times and bad

Cheers for the effort Mark. Must have a 2 year deal lined up somewhere.

100% committed all the time.. but like Warne, in my opinion not good enough. Should be easily replaced.

Edit: You never got Authorization Mismatch on JKlatics :wink:

Its understandable why he left. On Facebook, he said he was sorry to leave Oldham but only offered a 1 year deal and he said with wife and kids he needs the security of a two year deal. He also said he will hopefully have a new club within the next few weeks.

sad to see him go, would have been a great squad player...but as has been proven in recent events...sentiments are out the window and its all business with Penney. has his own plans and idealogies on how he wants us to play, and who he wants playing for us....I'm going to TRY reserving all judgement on releases/signings until xmas....give them at least half a season to see how it all pans out....

I'm going to TRY reserving all judgement on releases/signings until xmas....give them at least half a season to see how it all pans out....

Not even promising to reserve judgement and then not doing!!! At least your honest. But lets see how it goes first - I think we may surprise a few.

Well, although some decisions haven't been what i expected, I'm now just taking things as they come

There's a lot of time between now and the start of the season for everything to unfold, let alone the xmas I'm trying to save myself until.....

although this season half way through i thought we were certain promotion material...footballs a funny old game.....

Edited by bensonio

Good luck Mark, you have been a loyal servant to the club. I'm a little bit surprised he has left but I understand the club's reasoning, as well as Mark's. I wouldn't give a two year contract to anyone over 30 in midfield- as too many things can happen which will make the second year a waste of money. I'd be surprised if Mark left his base in Middleton so that might mean a drop down into league 2- I'd be surprsied if Hudds took him on, and Tranny is a way early in the morning. He could easily do a job in this division but whether he could do a job in this division or hope against hope the Championship in a years time is doubtful. I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't the missing link that the likes of Bury/Rochdale have been looking for and he ends up contributing to their promotion.

Good luck Mark I will give you a nice reception if/when you return to BP (not that I booed him much when he was playing for Chesterfield and thought some of the abuse he got was a bit far).

Another one to 'close the door on your way out son..'

Can't fault the club for only offering him 1 year and can't fault him for saying no.

as for sentimental 'thanks for your hard work etc...

.......Next!!!

shame he is leaving,thought he should of accepted the offer when joe made it,that i am led to believe was a 2 year deal,he dithered in comes mr penny and offers 12 months so he is off.

i would be very suprised if he hasnt already been offered a new club,thats why i think he didnt sign in the first place,he new he was going but his hand is now forced.

Thanks Mark, in your most recent 2 years; you were one of the rare breed, one of our players who actually gave a crap & played for the badge.

An honest pro, limited in what he could do to a certain extent; but did the ugly things & did them well.

Hope you get yourself fixed up on a 2 year deal that you wanted; can see it being somewhere a al Gigg Lane, Spotland or something similar.

You'll get a round of applause from me if you ever return.

Thanks & Bye Ratters!

Bye. Over-rated by alot of our fans.

A side winning promotion wouldnt have a Mark Allott in the team. There's far better players available.

Thanks for the service over the years but if we are to have realistic chances of finally getting out of this league - then the team must not be having a Mark Allott as our main centre midfield man.

I really cant believe that the majority on here think allott did a very good job last season!

He was one of the main reasons that our strikers were not getting the service they needed at the crucial part of the season.

The dullest player in so many ways. Ok, he did the simple things correct but not much else.

Penney must have looked at vids of last season with dismay on allotts performances. He simply wasnt attacking enough and didnt use the pace that we had on the flanks.

Thanks for the 07/08 season mark.

Hope he gets fixed up but I`m really not going to miss him.

Keepin that champagne on ice!

Astounded by this!!! I can only assume he has another club lined up........... maybe with Shez back at Chesterfield, but it would be a massive gamble seen as Shez hasn't even been appointed.

Well, thanks for the service Mark, best wishes for the future.

perhaps they offered him a derogatory 250 a week, take it or leave it mate. :grin: