North East

northeast

OldhamSheridan is from Durham and he'll be able to advise you on joining I.N.S.A.N.E., which has been a member short since Inspiral_Carpet defected to N.E.M.O. territory.

Sadly we've become more of a disorganised rabble since the leader of the gang abandoned us.

There are a few of us in Durham (and further afield Edinburgh way), but as yet we have no organised car sharing thing for matches. I think the problem lies in that most of us go and drop in on family before home games - but certain away games may be a car sharing idea (although alot of those are disappearing due to this turning into Division 3 (South).

I've noticed the lad in North Yorks too (100 miles from home, or something similar), and I'm sure there is someone from Teesside.

Sadly we've become more of a disorganised rabble since the leader of the gang abandoned us.

There are a few of us in Durham (and further afield Edinburgh way), but as yet we have no organised car sharing thing for matches. I think the problem lies in that most of us go and drop in on family before home games - but certain away games may be a car sharing idea (although alot of those are disappearing due to this turning into Division 3 (South).

I've noticed the lad in North Yorks too (100 miles from home, or something similar), and I'm sure there is someone from Teesside.

Sound as though only B.A.L.L.S. is flourishing.....

and O.A.S.I.S. of course.

Leader of the gang that make him sound like Mr. Glitter. Like OS said there are a few of us who are around but most of us- and I'm probably the worst culprit- go via 'home' for home games Away games and an INSANE car (that's Oldham fans In Scotland And the North East) is definately an idea, but myself and OS are about as organised as something decidedly unorganised

I'm in Newcastle now so not too far from Durham. Sunday should be interesting up here depending on your point of view. I think i'll keep mine to myself for now :grin:

Maybe we can arrange somet once the fixtures are out. Since moving I've got far too much time on my hands - aside from working and putting up shelves and that kinda thing - so i'm happy to get involved in organising any chaotic trips away or whatever. Don't tell our lass though.

Edited by northeast

I digress (off topic sorry) but right people to ask

but you north eastern lads...

Can you point me in the direction of somewhere nice to stay within easy distance of Blyth.

Going to a wedding with the GF and want somewhere good. Cheers.

Sorry mate, meant to get back to you on this. There's not a lot to go at in Blyth, but this is not too far away and looks decent - LINK.

We got married at Linden Hall, which is a nice place to stay and often has cheap deals on, but is probably a little too far away.

Don't be tempted to stay in Whitley Bay - it's a :censored:hole.

As you lads rightly state the problem is most probably do as me and my good lady do, thats travel down early which means leaving Leyburn at about 9 bells getting to Oldham about 11 then spending a couple of hours with family in Moorside, before leaving for game at about 1-30. I'm sure something could be sorted out as a one off but as a fortnightly regular trip it's a no no.

Edited by 100milesaway

Seriously, it's a f**kin doghole. The only night out when I've HAD to p*ss in the street and nobody battered an eyelid. AVOID!!

Whitley Bay's not bad you can get some good fish and chips- plus there's a chippy that will deep fry chocolate if you like that sort of thing. Its a dive yes but a lot of the Newcastle area is worse (try Byker for instance).

Whitley Bay's not bad you can get some good fish and chips- plus there's a chippy that will deep fry chocolate if you like that sort of thing. Its a dive yes but a lot of the Newcastle area is worse (try Byker for instance).

That's where I live (well Walker actually) and I'd still rather walk round there in a Sunderland top singing "we'll meet again" than have another night out in Whitley Bay. However, please don't forward this information onto anybody in the area JUST IN CASE I may be exaggerating. And anyhow, Walker is handy for the dog track.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can't do myself, but if you really feel the need you can make it to and from Durham on the bus. You will also get to see the delights of Peterlee and be able to closely examine some wind turbines.

Its the 22 (I think it is Scarlet Band that run it now) and takes about an hour and twenty minutes. But be careful as the last bus back is about twenty to ten.