When I heard about the 4500 season tickets scheme I..

daznathe

what did you do  

115 members have voted

1. 1. When i heard about the scheme I..

• laughed
    • scoffed
    • got really excited and told all my friends
    • couldnt believe that the people who came up with the scheme even believed it themselves
  2. 2. if you got really excited and told all your friends, did they..

• laugh
    • scoff
    • get really excited and tell all their friends
    • dismiss it out of hand with something like '4500 season tickets? are they stupid?'
  3. 3. i then decided that..

• this scheme was never intended to pay out
    • this scheme was ever intended to pay out, and insults my inteligence
    • i already knew it was never going to happen
    • i think it will happen
    • i dont think it will happen, but applaud the initiative shown
    • i am undecided

Can anybody imagine something like this happening at the likes of Bolton, Preston, Blackburn or Burnley, or any of the other smalltown clubs that seem able to thrive while we struggle?

Bolton and Blackburn are no longer small town clubs. There are now established Premier 'Reality Sports Soap Opera' League clubs playing infront of a global audience, and their marketing is effectively all done for them. This is because their ascent came about at exactly the right time where as our decline came at exactly the wrong time, as you have eloquently put yourself, on a number of occasions.

We're not rudderless at all, we're just sailing straight into the wind, tide and waves.

Bolton and Blackburn are no longer small town clubs. There are now established Premier 'Reality Sports Soap Opera' League clubs playing infront of a global audience, and their marketing is effectively all done for them. This is because their ascent came about at exactly the right time where as our decline came at exactly the wrong time, as you have eloquently put yourself, on a number of occasions.

We're not rudderless at all, we're just sailing straight into the wind, tide and waves.

That's a comfort. Full steam ahead.

What I meant by smalltown clubs was thet they're clubs that don't come from big cities like those that tend to dominate at the higher level. Aside from that I agree with you-as clubs the TV money and all the other benefits of being in the PL hass transformed them, although Bolton at least (if I remember correctly) managed to redevelop or move to new modern stadiums before establishing a PL place, as have Burnely and Preston to mention only two more.

The fans on here where demanding a similar deal to what Bradford did and we got it...

Depends what you call similar...

I might be wrong here, but I understood the Bradford offer involved a certain number of people having to make 'pledges', not actual purchases...so, if the number of pledges wasn't reached the person pledging would be under no obligation to buy - which is totally different to the scheme we have.

Also, STs at Bradford were less than 150 quid (for an ADULT !) in the first season of the offer, and even less the year after...so again, totally different.

That is easily the most eloquently put response ever posted on OWTB , IMO......

Edited by Yard Dog

I have mentioned this before that 4,500 tickets refunded at £70 each would cost the club £300,000 - where oh where would we get that sort of money from? Someone thought that would come from the extra revenue raised by the extra tickets. Rubbish!! To raise that kind of money 1,000 people would be watching for nothing - I can't see it somehow.

we have 3300 season ticket holders. 1200 extra season tickets at an average of £350 is over £400 000. hasnt he already said that once?

Edited by kellysheroes

Blackburn's season ticket prices are £200 and thats not even the cheapest, compared to £330.

Its not as if fans have a choice you support who you support but bloody hell thats a massive difference.

The club could have run the £70 cash back promotion and not get laughed at if they actually made some effort to sell more season tickets and come up with some ideas, but as always with everything at the club its done half arsed without being thought through whatsoever.

I have mentioned this before that 4,500 tickets refunded at £70 each would cost the club £300,000 - where oh where would we get that sort of money from? Someone thought that would come from the extra revenue raised by the extra tickets. Rubbish!! To raise that kind of money 1,000 people would be watching for nothing - I can't see it somehow.

Has anyone at the club thought of building an open air stand on the broadway side (Blackpool) for away supporters. Look at the extra money it will raise - that will probably pay for itself within a few matches.

It's all academic as we've only sold about 1000 season tickets, and the discount period has almost ended!

:disappointed:

Blackburn's season ticket prices are £200 and thats not even the cheapest, compared to £330.

Its not as if fans have a choice you support who you support but bloody hell thats a massive difference.

The club could have run the £70 cash back promotion and not get laughed at if they actually made some effort to sell more season tickets and come up with some ideas, but as always with everything at the club its done half arsed without being thought through whatsoever.

It's not really fair to compare our season ticket prices with Premier League clubs' - they can afford to cut their season ticket prices because they have TV money etc coming in, whereas our only real income is gate receipts and advertising,and they've both fallen significantly in recent years. It's a major problem for lower league clubs,and i'm not sure there's much that individual club owners can do about it. If i remember right Man City were selling tickets for their Uefa cup games for £5-10 - how are we supposed to compete with that?

Everyone knows we were never likely to sell 4500 season tickets, but TTA have already said that the budget will have to be cut next year and they had to consider putting the prices up. If they'd cut the season ticket prices and we still didn't sell any more (which, let's face it, is quite likely), the club would be pretty screwed financially.

good spot bb80 lol.

id have to say that the results are pretty much what i expected. great news to hear there has been a massive pick up in sales since i got mine. also glad the deadline has been extended a little, although i would have gone into june by a few days just to make sure we got the end of may payday brigade. lets hope that we get a few more decent players, and shift some more at full beans. ive also decided that if there is a refund im going to spend most of it in the club shop!

its my opinion that a £100 refund would have done the trick numbers wise. it looks like we should get around the same amount sold, which isnt bad really all things considered.