Blackburn ST's from £150

A 15 match unreserved seat at Ewood costs just £150 next season, or you can get the full 19 matches in a reserved seat for £199. :shock:

Can't remember what the plastics and Hull were charging, but I'm sure they were somewhere around the same mark.

What a shame we aren't in a position to make offers like that at BP! It makes our '£70 back / 4500 tickets' incentive look like a p155 take!

Great value for the Premiership (as long as you don't mind having to wear a neck brace through watching Sams style of football).

It has been said many times that a 10 match season ticket (unreserved) would have a place in the marketing make-up of Latics.

You could easily do this and exclude "big" games such as Leeds from the ticket.

£20 for on the gate

£18 in advance

£160 for 10 games unreserved (£16 a game with no priority for cup games)

£323 for a season reserved (£14 a game and priority for cup games)

Simples.

I reckon it would grow crowds and grow revenues.

Its not a bad deal but does it say what games they are or can it be any game. People seem to forget that if Oldham charged the same price for its 23 league game season ticket it would be £240- when you factor in the price of a season ticket plus the discount (even unlikely as it is going to be) we aren't far off that. Tickets for a bulk number of games are good for ensuring the club has a guaranteed income but I could well see that a lot of the people buying them will probably go to the games anyway thus reducing the club's overall income. (I can see them being popular with exiles who find mid week games difficult to get to but get to Saturday games regularly). Its swings and roundabouts. Provided the club don't rip people off and people don't rip the club off (which does happen) I'm happy. Perhaps instead of trying to find ways to increase our income by a relatively small amount maybe we should look at our outgoings without affecting the quality on the pitch.

Yet another example how the premier greed no longer relies on footfall as opposed the TV revenue. Bodies inside most clubs grounds is only to look good for the camera's it's the sky money the club themselves need.

Edited by Lags

Yet another example how the premier greed no longer relies on footfall as opposed the TV revenue. Bodies inside most clubs grounds is only to look good for the camera's it's the sky money the club themselves need.

Spot on.

Premier League clubs could easily allow free admission each game and not particularly feel the impact of the loss of revenue as it's a drop in the ocean.

Spot on.

Premier League clubs could easily allow free admission each game and not particularly feel the impact of the loss of revenue as it's a drop in the ocean.

+1.

No hold on, that's +2 isn't it?

NB. A ten game season ticket I would buy. Say £150ish. Not too sure about discounting the main games though - that would defeat the purpose of it as a customer.

NB. A ten game season ticket I would buy. Say £150ish. Not too sure about discounting the main games though - that would defeat the purpose of it as a customer.

Fair call. Perhaps a requirement to obtain a reserved seat ahead of a near packed BP game is a better solution.

But Hardy et al really should do something about 10 games tickets once the season is underway.

The Blackburn Chairman was on R5 last night. Apparently they have 14,000 ST holders this season and their target is to get up to 20000. Not too bothered about the income plus/minus - underlining the point about Sky money being much more important to Prem clubs. Just want a better atmosphere to help the team.

And that's the difference to Latics. Ticket revenue is vital to us.