Shez, Wright and Crossley confirmed as Chesterfield management team

No-brainer. CJ wins hands down.

Stitch has a bee in his bonnet over this one.

This time last season, especially when looking at the likely wages of the players being brought in, nobody on these boards seem to disagree that we were looking at a sizeable budget. In fact for months everybody seemed in agreement that it was probably a 'promotion or bust' budget.

As the early season form faded, Shez started talking as if his side had been assembled on a meagre budget, despite the quality of player at his disposal. Lots of people then started talking as if we had 'a bottom four budget'. Confusing and contradictory noises then emanated from within the club, including mild rebukes directed at the manager, and a general consensus seemed to have been reached on here that we'd had, after all, 'a bottom four budget' to start off with (despite the quality of player then at BP), which had been made larger so that Sheridan could bring in loan players.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stitch has a bee in his bonnet over this one...

Do you mean Shez Corp?

Yeah, I agree there's something more than meets the eye here (I assume we're on about Shez's thinly-veiled pop at our owners not backing him financially). There was a bit of confusion in the budget last season, with management and directors contridicting eachother regarding how low or how high it was. What started out as a fairly modest one grew considerably with the loan signings.

I wish Shez well. Can certainly be comfortably classed as a legend here, more so in his playig days. I do think he's an excellent manager actually, but with some fundimental glaring weaknesses. If he overcomes the slight bit of unprofessionalism, commands a lot more discipline and works the press a bit better then he'll be one of the best. Take the last six months out of his reign, we played some bloody good football under him and come away with some excellent victories, most notibly at Nottingham Forest, Leeds and Everton. When things were going well it was easy to paper over those cracks, but sooner or later, mainly down to Shez's faults he became unstuck.

A feelin deep down in me makes me glad that we have got rid... too many booze related stories, too many loans, too many changes .. it was amateurish management at its worst.

IF he can learn from it, he may go on to be a more successful manager.

I doubt he will though.

Latics were right to change.

A feelin deep down in me makes me glad that we have got rid... too many booze related stories, too many loans, too many changes .. it was amateurish management at its worst.

+1

Shez was a..

Fantastic player

Fantastic coach

But not a manager or even a number 2 in my opinion (even Talbot saw that), and never will be until he can sort the discipline out amongst his squad and make the step up from being 'one of the lads' to the boss.

Similar scenario in my opinion to Steve Bleasdale at Peterboro. Granted we can go of what we seen on sky and alot was probably put on for the cameras. But Bleasdale went from being a coach to a manager and did not command the authority of the players once their form started to wobble.

But hey ho, maybe going straight to another club as the boss means the players may see him straight away as the boss and respect him a bit more?

Edited by Lookers_Carl

U would have thought he would have learned after loansgate, doggygate, ricketsgate and neverbringonanyinspiredsubsgate that saltergate might just be a gate too far....

Like it...got to say, I've gone from wishing him well to not even caring what he does as a manager now. Infact, if he succeeds, all you'll get are our idiots saying how wrong we were to get rid of him and that it's been Chesterfields gain. Which would be utter bollocks...he may have learned from our time together, but I seriously seriously doubt it.

Many thanks for his time as a player...but the more time I've had to divulge what's happened at the club under Shez as a manager, the more I get annoyed! And now this latest little outburst...I think his arrogance and persona shows he really thinks he's had it rough with us...what an idiot...

THE TRUTH SHEZ.... you inherited a very decent side, failed with it, dismantled it, built your own, dismantled it again and generally went around pissing everyone off behind the scenes while allowing the pissheads to rule the roost. I remember my 1st ever doubt on Shez when we played Crewe away (while trying to hold onto a playoff place with our fingertips) and were battered...he played a :censored:ed up formation with Roque (reserve from Liverpool) who'd never played in that position before and then went snapping at Journo's after the game, asking "how many caps and World Cups have you played in?" I really cannot see him being any different today to that day...he's not learned a thing and I do think he'll need a lot of luck to get them up coz if they get anywhere close, he'll just come out with a pile of negatives like he did with us.

+1

Shez was a..

Fantastic player

Fantastic coach

But not a manager or even a number 2 in my opinion (even Talbot saw that), and never will be until he can sort the discipline out amongst his squad and make the step up from being 'one of the lads' to the boss.

Similar scenario in my opinion to Steve Bleasdale at Peterboro. Granted we can go of what we seen on sky and alot was probably put on for the cameras. But Bleasdale went from being a coach to a manager and did not command the authority of the players once their form started to wobble.

But hey ho, maybe going straight to another club as the boss means the players may see him straight away as the boss and respect him a bit more?

Depends...he's taken his backroom staff, a few players will follow I reckon and no doubt will still insist on being called "Shez" instead of Boss...making of a man stuck in Groundhog Day...maybe that'll be good enough for Division Four...