Shez, Wright and Crossley confirmed as Chesterfield management team

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I've just said, it's never been off-topic.

The thread is discussing Sheridans appointment at Saltergate, not the demise of OAFC, nor a childish slang match debating whether a thread has been hijacked or not.

As I was saying, maybe even add Duxbury to that list if Chesterfield have a reserve team?

I personally think he will do well there and in answer to your question earlier corp, I would expect us to be playing against him in League 1 in the not too distant future,

Haven't Chesterfield got a new owner and stadium (or is it just the stadium?)

If they have any remotely serious backing, nothing is so sure as they will leave us behind. Ditto Notts County if the Arab deal goes through.

It's what usually happens.

There is a mention in the BBC report of the Chesterfield owner putting £4M into the club, if this is true then I would agree they probably will sail past us in a Peterborough (and nearly MK Franchise) kind of way.

There is a mention in the BBC report of the Chesterfield owner putting £4M into the club, if this is true then I would agree they probably will sail past us in a Peterborough (and nearly MK Franchise) kind of way.

Their average attendance last season was something like 3.5k.

Anyone think he might bring some of the existing squad here to chesterfield (or try to)

Id put money on Liddell ending up there

Wonder if Allott is regretting that decision to sign for the bin-dippers now? Sure he would have made a happy return as captain....

Lomax, Whits, Wolfy, Lewi.... I dont think Penny would stand in any of their paths if Shez felt like taking over their contracts....

Wonder if Allott is regretting that decision to sign for the bin-dippers now? Sure he would have made a happy return as captain....

Lomax, Whits, Wolfy, Lewi.... I dont think Penny would stand in any of their paths if Shez felt like taking over their contracts....

:pray:

The thread is discussing Sheridans appointment at Saltergate, not the demise of OAFC, nor a childish slang match debating whether a thread has been hijacked or not.

As I was saying, maybe even add Duxbury to that list if Chesterfield have a reserve team?

I personally think he will do well there and in answer to your question earlier corp, I would expect us to be playing against him in League 1 in the not too distant future,

I'm not discussing the demise of OAFC. Do people even bother to read what's on the screen? Neither is there any slanging match, childish or not. I voiced a suspicion that, with adequate backing, Chesterfield, like other clubs, would likely leave us, with all the talk of cut budgets and the indefinite delay of our projected major source of funding, behind. Somebody else made a predictable complaining post about the thread going off topic. I pointed out that my comment was about what Sheridan might achieve at Chesterfield.

Wonder if Allott is regretting that decision to sign for the bin-dippers now?

I said the other week when we thought that Sheridan might be going over there, Allott would follow him. But then again, perhaps he wasn't very happy with Sheridan as boss. I dunno. Good luck to Sheridan anyway, and the Spireites can look forward to some amazing drinking sessions...

I don't see Dux leaving to be honest. Penney has not brought a reserve team coach with him and Dux will actually have a job this year. He also did quite well with the Ressies in the past (I think?) and so don't see why he would drop down a level for undoubtedly less money?

I don't see Dux leaving to be honest. Penney has not brought a reserve team coach with him and Dux will actually have a job this year. He also did quite well with the Ressies in the past (I think?) and so don't see why he would drop down a level for undoubtedly less money?

I will definitely be looking out for their results, Sheridan is still one of my favourite ever players to pull on a latics shirt.

I think he will more than likely grace the payroll at Hillsborough before the end of his coaching/managerial career.

Edited by Lookers_Carl
got me facts wrong

Personally I'd be miffed if Alice was allowed to leave for naff all. He may need to buckle down a bit harder, but there is undoubted talent there, and it is far too early to throw him on the scrapheap.

I will definitely be looking out for their results, Sheridan is still one of my favourite ever players to pull on a latics shirt.

I think he will more than likely grace the payroll at Hillsborough before the end of his coaching/managerial career.

Thought we were going to lose Shez the last time the Owls needed a new manager; they plumped for Laws instead. I can see him managing there in the future; if he irons out his faults & starts to learn from his mistakes.

But; i wish all 3 of them the best - i'll be another looking out for thier results. What price we draw them in a cup this season i wonder???

Thought we were going to lose Shez the last time the Owls needed a new manager; they plumped for Laws instead. I can see him managing there in the future; if he irons out his faults & starts to learn from his mistakes.

But; i wish all 3 of them the best - i'll be another looking out for thier results. What price we draw them in a cup this season i wonder???

Probably alot less than the price youd get for him signing Michael Ricketts :grin:

I'll be watching out for their results.

Wonder if they can afford Greegs? I may be switching alliegences... :wink:

be very interesting to see if they make a fist of it, as its as much the old management team that left here. if they dont we can consider we did the right thing to get rid of them.