England - Andorra

Taking their time tonight...

Looking good though. They look composed and confident. Something that even at 2-0 against a team like this in the past we wouldn't have done.

Andorra are clearly playing 11 behind the ball but we're still generating space and chances.

Andorra have a player called Andorra. Brilliant.

Mike England managed Wales. :shock:

Jason Scotland plays for Trindiad I think!

Stephen Ireland - Ireland. When his Granny's don't die.

also: GOAL: Italy 2-3 New Zealand: Killen 42, 57 (pen)

Edited by opinions4u

Andorra have a player called Andorra. Brilliant.

:grin:

Good composed football, no panicking and each player seems to be enjoying it. Rooney is breathtakingly good when he is in the mood isn't he? He made that finish look very easy... I'd have skied it.

:grin:

Good composed football, no panicking and each player seems to be enjoying it. Rooney is breathtakingly good when he is in the mood isn't he? He made that finish look very easy... I'd have skied it.

He did.

/ I'd have tucked it away.

Good spot from Teddy that the first goal was a cushioned header to Crouch that went wrong!

Good spot from Teddy that the first goal was a cushioned header to Crouch that went wrong!

The shouting of 'Shoot' when Beckham touches it seems to have descended in 'booos'. I think some of the crowd have misheard it.

I'd take him!

Why? What does he now offer that others don't? I'm not slagging the bloke off, his desire is fantastic, but really, what does he offer above his counterparts. On Saturday, Capello brought SWP on ahead of him, does that not say something about how highly Beckham is rated?

Why? What does he now offer that others don't? I'm not slagging the bloke off, his desire is fantastic, but really, what does he offer above his counterparts. On Saturday, Capello brought SWP on ahead of him, does that not say something about how highly Beckham is rated?

He offers his passing ability above his counterparts which was shown last night, best player on the pitch last night IMO Beckham

Will definately be on the plane to South Africa

Shame he didnt score last night he deserved a goal

Thats another two fingers up at his critics - well done Beckham (yet again)

Its really hard to judge how well England do/have done against teams like Andorra, its a game where England will win and win well, but what is well? Teams like Germany (who always seem to batter opposition like Andorra by 8) might out qualify teams like England who never quite manage that level purely on the goal difference between the two sets of games. I wondered last night why we bothered playing Lescott and Terry, its not like we needed both of them defensively, an extra forward might have made it 8/9-0 (it was explained to me but I'm not sure I agree).

As for Beckham, yes he played well and was one of England's better players last night but he was able to play to his forte (not moving a lot and picking out passes without anyone closing him down), he won't be able to do that in a world cup. Would I take him to a world cup- probably not. He is very good at picking out 50 yd passes (not sure if he misplaced one of those last night) but so are a number of England players- although he is perhaps the best. In a world cup you can only take 23 players and I think the mistake certain English coaches have made is taking 2 teams of 11 with 442 (plus an extra goalie- you need 3 goalies). England don't need to take 8 midfielders and even if they did I'm not sure Beckham gets in (you've got Gerrard, Lampard, Barry, Walcott, Carrick, SWP, Young and Downing for a kick off). I'm not sure I would take 8 midfielders as I would much rather have an extra forward. I'm happy for him to go as I feel he can offer England something, (when he plays well), and I feel his decision to not be playing in England might help his case (as he doesn't play the number of games everyone else does). Yet, does he offer England enough, especially against some of the better teams who will go tight to him as soon as he gets it, (I can't remember the last time he beat a man), compared to some of the other players availible.

If Downing gets a place on the World Cup squad there's hope for us all.

Came here to say that. If Downing is ahead of Beckham, no matter how far down the list you place him, then there's something wrong with this world.