iPhone OS 3.0 software update

martjs

So the day arrives and I connect my iPhone to the laptop and check updates and nothing...

So I go to the Apple web site and it says available June 17th... And it is June 17th... And I'm in the Apple HQ's time zone... So WTF? Anyone know?

Cheers.

It's out now - I'm downloading it right this second (came out about 6.15-ish by my reckoning).

I've been waiting all bloody day and it finally goes live 10 minutes before I go out to football.

Still - nice thing to come home to!

I just Synced my Touch, and its telling me the 3.0 is available....is it worth doing on my touch?

It'll cost you a tenner and you're getting an iPhone - so I wouldn't bother, I've not put it on mine.

Stitch - yeah, you can make free calls via Skype on the iPhone, but only when you have a wireless connection (at home, BT hotspots, etc). Won't work over 3G or normal networks.

Indeed. I used it to record our Podcast and it worked great. Very useful.

I'm optomistic about some new apps, it's made a lot of things you don't know exist right now available to the apps creators. It'll just take a little time for them to filter through.

I'm looking forward to C&P and txt forwarding.

It'll cost you a tenner and you're getting an iPhone - so I wouldn't bother, I've not put it on mine.

Do people have BOTH an iPod touch AND an iPhone? Whatever for? I mean, I have an iPod classic 80Gb and an iPhone 8Gb which is a big gulf in storage but the touch and iPhone are pretty close together.

Downloaded it last night. Even though there are quite a few changes made to it, it didn't seem noticably different at first. I think this just shows how much stuff I've got on my iPhone (61 apps!) and the many different functions it has which has made a pretty hefty update fairly unnoticable.

Liking the C&P, MMS (anyone know whether these messages are just like using a normal text in my package?) and text forwarding are most noticably welcome. Played around with the voice recorder but it seemed a bit faint even though me and my missus were prety close to the mike. Glad of the autofill options too, was getting a bit fed up of the constantly logging into OWTB.

Haven't tried the internet tethering as yet but will at some point, and I need to get used to not scrolling back through the screens too far and ending up on the new iPhone search everything screen all the time.

But yeah, I'm welcoming these little changes! Look forward to seeing the app development unfold.

Do people have BOTH an iPod touch AND an iPhone? Whatever for? I mean, I have an iPod classic 80Gb and an iPhone 8Gb which is a big gulf in storage but the touch and iPhone are pretty close together.

Downloaded it last night. Even though there are quite a few changes made to it, it didn't seem noticably different at first. I think this just shows how much stuff I've got on my iPhone (61 apps!) and the many different functions it has which has made a pretty hefty update fairly unnoticable.

Liking the C&P, MMS (anyone know whether these messages are just like using a normal text in my package?) and text forwarding are most noticably welcome. Played around with the voice recorder but it seemed a bit faint even though me and my missus were prety close to the mike. Glad of the autofill options too, was getting a bit fed up of the constantly logging into OWTB.

Haven't tried the internet tethering as yet but will at some point, and I need to get used to not scrolling back through the screens too far and ending up on the new iPhone search everything screen all the time.

But yeah, I'm welcoming these little changes! Look forward to seeing the app development unfold.

I have a iTouch and an iPhone as I bought the touch when it came out, as I had a Nokia on contract I couldn't get rid of, I went backpacking and got back and bought an iPhone. Plus most of my music is on my old PC in a box so it doesn't matter much these days.

MMS's cost you 4 texts, so if you can use something like Darkslide and a Flickr account and save your money/usage I would. Having MMS for me is just a benfit as I hate having to make the effort to log in to see some piss poor joke text someone has sent me.

Text forwarding and C&P are going to be the best aspects for me, as I often think how I'd like them and don't have them.

I have audioboo so the recorder isn't s giant leap for me.

Teathering will cost you. A LOT. Feckers. http://shop.o2.co.uk/update/internet.html

Hmm. I got a text from O2 today saying that MMS wasn't working but they were looking into it. Has anyone tried it?

I got a text saying it would be activated soon, but they've not yet told me it's active. I'm not in a rush to be honest.

Doing what, singing?

I just Synced my Touch, and its telling me the 3.0 is available....is it worth doing on my touch?

I would say no but I'm not that techhie... I've been very underwhelmed by the update.

I had a voicerecorder app already and I can't think what I would search for... I'll give it time though and see what happens.

Could they have included the video recorder (on the new 3GS phone) in the update or is it not that simple?

I would say no but I'm not that techhie... I've been very underwhelmed by the update.

I had a voicerecorder app already and I can't think what I would search for... I'll give it time though and see what happens.

Could they have included the video recorder (on the new 3GS phone) in the update or is it not that simple?

The hardware isn't there for that mate. The camera simply can't do it.

I've been impressed with the update. The best updates of any software are the ones that you don't notice. I didn't want it to change the way my phone works - I like it as it is - I just wanted it to introduce improved usability and it's done that in spades.

I'm a happy camper.