Get yer Michael Owen 'ere!

Now I still maintain he is England, and possibly theWorld's greatest ever goalscorer, and just in case Mr Tulsehill is reading, probably the all-round best footballer in the Universe full stop, but this is still exceptionally funny

Edited by leeslover

Now I still maintain he is England, and possibly theWorld's greatest ever goalscorer, and just in case Mr Tulsehill is reading, probably the all-round best footballer in the Universe full stop, but this is still exceptionally funny

"The Athlete

The Ambassador

The Icon"

Thought they were talking about you for a second there Lees?!

:wink:

Finally!! :lol:

They've been quoting it on F365 for ages but I couldn't find a copy online.

"The Athlete

The Ambassador

The Icon"

Thought they were talking about you for a second there Lees?!

:wink:

If they'd suggested that he had an cock of roughly average size (on a good day) and didn't wet himself all that much I might have thought about sueing them for copyright. The rest all matches.

I've defended Michael Owen before on here, but that brochure is absolutely cringe worthy. Charesmatic?! I'm really not sure what the hell they were thinking when they thought the whole idea up. One thing I will say though is that despite everyone now jumping on the "he's over the hill" band wagon it's clear to me that if you can keep him fit he will still score goals. That of course is a big if and there lies the risk. He has lost a bit of pace, something that at the beginning of his career was the focal point of his threat, but he still has that instinct that very few strikers have. He naturally finds space in the box and when he gets a chance he more often than not sticks it away. Every side in the PL should be taking a look at him, he's a great option to have, but of course like I say and everyone knows, he comes with that risk. I've actually seen him play for Newcastle (against Blackburn at Ewood Park when i borrowed a mates ST) and to be honest he was superb in that game, which also featured Craig Bellamy playing for Rovers with Owen looking far far better on the day. Movement wise he is as good as i've ever seen and I think where ever he goes he will get goals, i'm sure he'll find a decent enough club for next season, no need for ridiculous brochures.

The thing that makes me laugh at the bottom of that article is the Newcastle fans reaction to him leaving. They all got on his back last season about a lack of effort when in reality you could have put any striker in the world in that team and they would have struggled for goals. It's hard to look full of life when the service you are getting is abysmal (reminds me very much of the Ricketts situation here, where he got crucified for not being able to do anything with aimless 60 yard balls forward). The thing that hits me about Newcastle is that if you aren't a geordie and lifelong Newcastle fan you have an uphill battle to prove yourself to the fans. They are all too quick to question the passion of the players and commitment to the club and it's the same with managers. If you don't try and play exactly like Kevin Keagan you're buggered if you're not top of the league and out of sight by Chritsmas. Despite what they get built up as in the media and they're own feelings of self importance and grandure, they're without doubt the worst fans in the country. People think we have fickle fans but the geordies win that competition every year without fail.

I guess he's getting lots of advertisement - so in that sense the advert worked.

Just a shame its all bad publicity.... quite embarassing really. A footballer should advertise themselves on the pitch no on t'internet.

Michael Owen is a fool for letting his 'management team' do this because it was always going to get leaked on to the net. He is a good player and although his main attribute was his pace- which he has lost he can still score goals at the Premiership level. He will leave Newcastle and where he ends up is anyone's guess. Hull City are a good shout as is Blackburn (who've just lost their best striker) both of which will try to use the Bolton/Allardyce formula of getting in slightly older pros who are on a free transfer but paying them big wages. He might go to Italy or possibly someone like Villareal or Sevilla in Spain and then depending on if they loose a striker or two in the summer there's Bayern Munich. If Michael Owen has a good season, stays fit and gets some goals at any Premier League or top European club then I wouldn't right him out of being in England's world cup squad.

Oh by the way the medical report on him is from a Physio (possibly one who isn't as good as our old one Lee Noble) not a Doctor as the article claims.

I dont know if anyone has mentioned it but Stoke have revealed there interest

He will always be loved by me just for the goal against the argies

An injury free 2009/10 and expect him to be on the plane to South Africa

Michael Owen is a fool for letting his 'management team' do this because it was always going to get leaked on to the net. He is a good player and although his main attribute was his pace- which he has lost he can still score goals at the Premiership level. He will leave Newcastle and where he ends up is anyone's guess. Hull City are a good shout as is Blackburn (who've just lost their best striker) both of which will try to use the Bolton/Allardyce formula of getting in slightly older pros who are on a free transfer but paying them big wages. He might go to Italy or possibly someone like Villareal or Sevilla in Spain and then depending on if they loose a striker or two in the summer there's Bayern Munich. If Michael Owen has a good season, stays fit and gets some goals at any Premier League or top European club then I wouldn't right him out of being in England's world cup squad.

Oh by the way the medical report on him is from a Physio (possibly one who isn't as good as our old one Lee Noble) not a Doctor as the article claims.

I'll write him out of England's World Cup squad. You've got more chance of getting a game.

Leeslover: if he doesn't play for England again soon (which he won't), I'm calling in that tenner about England's most prolific goalscorer. The tenner won't buy me as much today as it would have when the bet was made back in the late 1990s, but a bet's a bet. I look forward to hearing your carefully prepared "I was totally wrong" speech when we next go out for beers. I'm going to wear a tuxedo for the occasion.

I'll write him out of England's World Cup squad. You've got more chance of getting a game.

Leeslover: if he doesn't play for England again soon (which he won't), I'm calling in that tenner about England's most prolific goalscorer. The tenner won't buy me as much today as it would have when the bet was made back in the late 1990s, but a bet's a bet. I look forward to hearing your carefully prepared "I was totally wrong" speech when we next go out for beers. I'm going to wear a tuxedo for the occasion.

Postman Pat seems to like big forwards who can hold the ball up so Owen's chances might be lilited. I could see him adapting his game to being an attacking fullback though and I'm confident his penalty count from that position will be enough to get him past Bobby Charlton's record.

Postman Pat seems to like big forwards who can hold the ball up so Owen's chances might be lilited. I could see him adapting his game to being an attacking fullback though and I'm confident his penalty count from that position will be enough to get him past Bobby Charlton's record.

He will not get to take penalties. Under no circumstances should Michael Owen be allowed to take penalties for England. I'm sure Pat spends most of his waking life and a good deal of his sleeping life plotting to prevent such an eventuality. The one little Mickey hit against Argentina in 1998 was the absolute epitome of dumb luck. It could have gone anywhere.