Latics Sign Gregan Back

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see that one coming! I wonder what the circumstances which have changed are? ie has he cut his demands, or have we failed to get another signing who we had big money earmarked for? Or did Mr Corney buy a Lottery ticket from Tesco and come up trumps?

"circumstances have now allowed Penney to offer the vastly-experienced centre back a new deal after he was initially released last month for financial reasons."

I don't get it. Have we sold someone or the TTA injected more cash....

As a fan of Gregan and also one that is aware of his shortcomings I amquite pleased with this, he was our best player during the hellish run from March onwards, he knows he is in the last chance saloon and he'll have to behave himself with not only DP but Martin Gray who will not put up with his :censored: and I reckon he'll be a little humbler for the experience of being released. What next.....Hughes?

This is not totally unexpected.

He is 1 of 4 that I was told were likely to happen, 3 of them looking almost certain. All were names that have been strongly rumoured on here over the last few weeks. The 2nd of these signings should happen by Friday.

No names from me, but he is a c/f.

Cheers,

Harry

This is not totally unexpected.

He is 1 of 4 that I was told were likely to happen, 3 of them looking almost certain. All were names that have been strongly rumoured on here over the last few weeks. The 2nd of these signings should happen by Friday.

No names from me, but he is a c/f.

Cheers,

Harry

hope its not pawel abbott

Im happy. Didn't want to see him leave but could understand it due to the wage situation. You won't get many better CB's in league 1

+1

hope its not pawel abbott

chirst, it's going to be a long and moaning season for you my friend