Lee hughes

He was in envy on fri night and was talking to us saying he would sign for us again tomorrow on same terms as last time.he has been offered a new contract by DP but on half what he was on last time!!!They are in negotiations but wont be signing on terms offered so far.He cant stand gregan and big joe took an instant dislike to him!!He wants to sign so watch this space!!!

If he says he would sign on the same terms then why the hell didn't he sign the double your money contract he was offered in December!!

If he did come back I think you would get a player full of resentment and a shadow of the player he was at the begining of last season!

I would rather cut our ties and say thanks but no thanks......also, if he hates Gregan so much, that is hardly going to help team spirit is it?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see this as one of those things that just won't happen, unless both parties budge a little.

He seems reluctant to take a pay cut, which perhaps is a bit naive thinking he will be flooded with offers, and we won't give him over half his previous wage...perhaps unfair?

Hope we come to an agreement providing he stays on the straight and narrow.

He was in envy on fri night and was talking to us saying he would sign for us again tomorrow on same terms as last time.he has been offered a new contract by DP but on half what he was on last time!!!They are in negotiations but wont be signing on terms offered so far.He cant stand gregan and big joe took an instant dislike to him!!He wants to sign so watch this space!!!

won't sign the deal?

hates Gregan?

wasn't liked by the previous manager?

mouthing off about prospective team mates and ex managers to strangers in a nightclub?

I'd withdraw that offer double quick - all you are signing is someone with no sense who doesn't really want to be at BP.

I think the question is:

What is the point in loaning out your top goal scorer when you are pushing for a play off place....only to release them at the end of the season and then resign them again.....???

They did it because of money problems, but thats been sorted now thats why Gregans back, so Hughesy will be aswell :grin:

They did it because of money problems, but thats been sorted now thats why Gregans back, so Hughesy will be aswell :grin:

Let's hope that this rumour and conjecture about Hughes and Gregan is just that - the fact is that if Hughes came back and played as he did at the start of the season then he is a class above - If...