Car Registration Plates

I do remember when i was about 17 and working part time in Halfords on the "ICE" section and some lad came in looking for a new sub, i went to his car to check if it would fit anf he had a Frontera with the registration TWA 77Y. Funnily enough that after chatting to him about how much he had spent on his car i was thinking how well his plate suited him. He also said he was constantly being pulled by the police as his plate was spaced and changed to look exactly like he wnted it to, but those were the days when the police just pulled you over and laughed at you.

Me and my brother saw the exact same plate on a car driving over the bypass about 8 0r 9 years back, only this time it was on a Mercedes CLK convertible. Looks like TWA 77Y was going up in the world.

I do remember when i was about 17 and working part time in Halfords on the "ICE" section and some lad came in looking for a new sub, i went to his car to check if it would fit anf he had a Frontera with the registration TWA 77Y. Funnily enough that after chatting to him about how much he had spent on his car i was thinking how well his plate suited him. He also said he was constantly being pulled by the police as his plate was spaced and changed to look exactly like he wnted it to, but those were the days when the police just pulled you over and laughed at you.

Me and my brother saw the exact same plate on a car driving over the bypass about 8 0r 9 years back, only this time it was on a Mercedes CLK convertible. Looks like TWA 77Y was going up in the world.

Did it still have drum and bass blasting out of the if at a noise level more suited to Glastonbury? And did the guy in it hang out of his window with his arm and nod his head like Flat Eric off that top tune a few years ago?

Im all for having a top sound system in your car but trying to nod to that "noise" is just pointless, you might as well dance round the kitchen to the noise made by the blender.

Did it still have drum and bass blasting out of the if at a noise level more suited to Glastonbury? And did the guy in it hang out of his window with his arm and nod his head like Flat Eric off that top tune a few years ago?

Im all for having a top sound system in your car but trying to nod to that "noise" is just pointless, you might as well dance round the kitchen to the noise made by the blender.

No idea mate, couldn't hear it for the sound of T'Mondays pumping out of my ICE making my ears bleed. He did however have the top down and was driving quite slowly, arm out of the window - cruising I think (in the none gay sense as far as I'm aware). :unsure:

I think we all know that hardness is not about ability to be physically stronger, quicker and able to beat someone in a fight. It's about the number of pints you can sink.

You forgot the other key element, the ability to eat hot curries. Sadly my inability to manage a Madras without sweating profusely subtracts from my proficiency in the pint sinking and leaves me open to having sand kicked in my face.

Wanna fight? :angry:

Mind you, anyone who blasts music out of their car, regardless of the genre, is a bit of a tool.

My problem isnt with people playing loud music out of their car, anyone who heard the sound system i had in my VW Golf will vouch for me being guilty of that. My problem is when it doesnt sound like music, more of just a noise like that crap garage music. I deffinately DONT want to hear "lady in red" by Chris DeBurgh blasting out at 110dB though.

Oh, and yeah, i'll have a fight. You want bear knuckle (bear feathers) or just free for all windmilling and donkey kicking? Are we allowed to bite and pull hair as well?

I was thinking more along the lines of me running away screaming like a girl. Is that okay?

Good point about the De Burgh, though. :lol: No one should be subjected to that.

What if you got to squire his daughter for as long as his music was playing though? Now that's a tough call.

What if you got to squire his daughter for as long as his music was playing though? Now that's a tough call.

I suppose having to listen to his music might prolong the event a little.

But then you end up listening to his music for longer... :unsure:

I was driving on Rochdale Rd in Blackley today behind a car which had '' I love my TID (or TDI??) more than I love Jethro Tull and Latics '' under the reg letters...definitely 'true' Latics fans (not Wigan) as they have a big OAFC logo sticker on the back window.

Edited by Yard Dog

I was driving on Rochdale Rd in Blackley today behind a car which had '' I love my TID (or TDI??) more than I love Jethro Tull and Latics '' under the reg letters...definitely 'true' Latics fans (not Wigan) as they have a big OAFC logo sticker on the back window.

Off topic, I saw a car this evening with a, "ex-wife in boot," warning sticker. I don't know what she did to deserve it, but when I find out I'll let you all know.

If it was a SAAB, then it is TiD....

• 2 weeks later...

I love my JA53 CAM. Its my name (Jase Campbell) it only cost £250 and I didnt have to change anything to make it look that way so i wont get pulled for it. Well, i wouldnt if I didnt have the latics badge on it, or have Keep The Faith written on it, or 3d style letters, and had the garage post code on there.....

Must get that sorted....... :bobby:

:unsure:

:jailed: