Partner for Abbott

Who would you say is the best finisher out of the following that could partner Abbott?

Smalley

Alessandra

Brooke

O'Grady

Wolfenden

No doubt there will be a new arrival to fill this role but in case of injury, which is best suited?

Smalley would be my option but I still think Wolfenden could come good if he remained fit and coached.

Never seen Brooke but next season could be where he makes his name.

Alessandra and O'Grady are probably similar to Abbott so would need to be in reserve.

Is there any evidence that COG could finish his supper? With Abbott as an out and out forward it's got to be Lewis for me, he has the intelligence to feed Abbott.

Leave the supper finishing to Abbott let COG hold it up and play it too Abbott.

Ok ok I kid,

I like Lewi and if Brookes as good as they say he is then he may get a chance.

Edited by razza699

If Smalley isnt on the wing then I would have him up front with Abbott. Or maybe O'Grady I know he doesnt get shots in but he does have a physical presence and I think he will be given a second chance to show what he can do. Alessandra to me has either gone off the boil or is not the player we initially thought. Think he will have to work hard to get back in the team. I was impressed with Brooke at Walsall, only one game though, can see him getting involved from the bench.

None, because all of those strikers are crap.

We need two news strikers and get rid off O'Grady and Wolfy. Play Smalley on the wing and loan out Lewis. At the moment we are two strikers and a central defender short of a squad. Brooke can play in the reserves.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

None, because all of those strikers are crap.

We need two news strikers and get rid off O'Grady and Wolfy. Play Smalley on the wing and loan out Lewis. At the moment we are two strikers and a central defender short of a squad. Brooke can play in the reserves.

Rob Purdie's best position by his own admission is on the right side of midfield and Taylor is the best we have to play on the left. I agree that we are one good striker short, but if we are considering making judgement on what we have then in my view Smalley is the best of the rest. We have a great looking midfield. I would have thought that Worthington will be the holding player and the others including Smalley as the second striker come 5th midfield player will be able to interchange and support Abbott up front. The opening day of the season will certainly be very interesting. Based on who we have, I suggest the starrting line up would be

GK- Flemming (initially)

Back4 - Eardley, Hassell, Gregs & Jacobson

MF - Purdie, Worthington, Furman & Taylor

ST - Abbott & Smalley

We are all speculating on the new lads until we have seen them, but I'm sure you would agree that it looks quite promising.

Rob Purdie's best position by his own admission is on the right side of midfield and Taylor is the best we have to play on the left. I agree that we are one good striker short, but if we are considering making judgement on what we have then in my view Smalley is the best of the rest. We have a great looking midfield. I would have thought that Worthington will be the holding player and the others including Smalley as the second striker come 5th midfield player will be able to interchange and support Abbott up front. The opening day of the season will certainly be very interesting. Based on who we have, I suggest the starrting line up would be

GK- Flemming (initially)

Back4 - Eardley, Hassell, Gregs & Jacobson

MF - Purdie, Worthington, Furman & Taylor

ST - Abbott & Smalley

We are all speculating on the new lads until we have seen them, but I'm sure you would agree that it looks quite promising.

Who's Hassel and Gregs? Are these the other 2 new players?

i think we should see performances first, some that were good last season could be crap now, some that were crap could be good

saying this i think abbott is likely to start from the current candidates,

and going off previous performances i think allessandra or wolfy when fit, wolfy gets a lot of stick but when he was fit he looked pretty decent to say he hasnt got that much experience, and hes been in and around the squad long before lewis and smalley i think with more experience he could challenge.

i think we should see performances first, some that were good last season could be crap now, some that were crap could be good

saying this i think abbott is likely to start from the current candidates,

and going off previous performances i think allessandra or wolfy when fit, wolfy gets a lot of stick but when he was fit he looked pretty decent to say he hasnt got that much experience, and hes been in and around the squad long before lewis and smalley i think with more experience he could challenge.

One thing I will say about Wolfy is he actually looked quite effective when he played up alongside Michael Ricketts foir a few games. His movement is good and his finishing looks pretty clinical as well, just need the right man alongside him. Saying that I still prefer Smalley and Allesandra to him and I hope we can bring someone else in. Let's not forget we also have Chris O'Grady who is yet to be a given a real go. I wouldn't read too much into his loan spells either to be honest.

ye i think gradys bin overlooked aswell,

thing i couldnt understand when people talked about wolfy was that before the injury ridden present when he just started makin a debut he scored a few goals in just a few appearances, whereas it took lewis and smalley a lot longer to find their feet,

it makes u think if he would have kept fit n it was lewis who had a bad injury spell, what would peoples views be?

either way i think DP will make the right decision regarding wolfy wether it be keep him or release him