I know dp is doing pretty damn good in the transfer market and is building a great team (on paper)

but is the squad as a whole going to be good enough to compete right to the end...

do we have enough quality in depth to step in when required..

imo we need another 2 quality

or reliable strikers yet and 2 more centre halfs

I know dp is doing pretty damn good in the transfer market and is building a great team (on paper)

but is the squad as a whole going to be good enough to compete right to the end...

do we have enough quality in depth to step in when required..

imo we need another 2 quality

or reliable strikers yet and 2 more centre halfs

I am pretty sure DP was quoted as saying 3 more, Wakefield. THat should be about right I think. So yeah, couple of quality additions of those.

I know othersshave said why bring ex players, but generally the ones talked about are not bottlers.

So Gregan is great IMO, if it is on less terms and he cuts the blame game for his own shortcmings.

Haining is Haining, not one to go missing in general. I am not sure he would be training with us if he hates gregan so much

Hughes would be fine if he sorts the drinking and general attitude.

Vernon I am not sure about, he's never set any where on fire, not much better than Wolfy and O Grady.

So Hughes and HAning fine by me.

And the other spot DP shoudl decide where he thinks is weakest from training.

Onth e whole, on paper fine, the proof is in the pudding.

I am pretty sure DP was quoted as saying 3 more, Wakefield. THat should be about right I think. So yeah, couple of quality additions of those.

I know othersshave said why bring ex players, but generally the ones talked about are not bottlers.

So Gregan is great IMO, if it is on less terms and he cuts the blame game for his own shortcmings.

Haining is Haining, not one to go missing in general. I am not sure he would be training with us if he hates gregan so much

Hughes would be fine if he sorts the drinking and general attitude.

Vernon I am not sure about, he's never set any where on fire, not much better than Wolfy and O Grady.

So Hughes and HAning fine by me.

And the other spot DP shoudl decide where he thinks is weakest from training.

Onth e whole, on paper fine, the proof is in the pudding.

if we can sort another 2 or3 players and use the loan system to are advantatge over the season with also having a reserve team so the players can have games every week could just be a good season

at the moment if abbott was to get injured then we are left with the garbage that finished last season...

thats why we need 2 more strikers

centre half..once dp finds out what rubben can do regarding his fook ups then i think he will be off loading him..

that leaves greegan who could be suspended more than not if hes lost a yard on last season...

were does that leave us

only looking at it from a practical side and not a negative

On the question of strikers...

We need one more proven striker (or at least not just raw material) - which Penney clearly knows.

I don't think we'll see another unless we start suffering injuries or letting players go, and then perhaps only on loan. Otherwise we have Abbott, A. N. Other as first choice, Alessandra, O'Grady, Smalley (unless playing on the wing) and Wolfy as back-up, and I think seven strikers would be stretching it a bit. If none of the four backups are good enough, we should be letting them go & replacing them, not just adding more.

Of course, if Wolfy doesn't make it to a new contract in August, and O'Grady doesn't impress, then that would free up some room.

On the others...

We all know we need another centre half, as does Penney. I'd have no problem with Haining back, for reasons I gave on another thread.

I'd like to see a left winger signed - a good one, even if only as a long-term loan - to give Taylor a chance on the right. I know we're doing alright for midfielders, but two out-and-out wingers would be good, with competition between Purdie, Worthington and Furman (and Whitaker) keeping it fresh.

I suppose squad size depends on what our ambitions are. If they are to get promotion, then we are way short. if it is to stay up and reduce costs, then we are cooking on gas. I'm not sure what we are heading for at the moment though.

good shout but i cant think for one minute tta would be thinking about anything else but promotion...I cant see the point in going into a season with an attitude, we just want to stay up