A new Stadium

singe

Which option is the best?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you prefer?

• Groundshare at a neutral venue , mid way but in Rochdale
    • Groundshare at a neutral venue , mid way but in Oldham
    • Move into Spotland, for a few years till a new stadium is built

Sorry Singe, can I poke my nose in? I'm thinking that poll could've been worded a bit better? how about:

Redevelop Boundary Park?

Groundshare with Rochdale in a new stadium?

Share until a new stadium is built for Oldham?

If not forget it, we'll run with the existing one - no worries mate.

Sorry Singe, can I poke my nose in? I'm thinking that poll could've been worded a bit better? how about:

Redevelop Boundary Park?

No probs Rummy, it was your earlier post that made me do the poll !Donlt know why I am slipping! I tihnk I thought one had been done.

Plus I got the 06:23 train to work and got on the (delayed) 21:08 back!

Redevelop Boundary Park?

Good shout

This will be a very interesting poll

I've regurgitated my post from the other 'ground move' topic as I think that it pretty much covers the move options.

Feel free to crib off / discard as you require: -

Out of the ground options currently being speculated over, this is the order of how strongly they appeal to me: -

1) Redevelop Boundary Park for our use only;

2) Redevelop Boundary Park for us and another local team;

3) Build a new ground for us only, within the Oldham area;

4) Build a new ground for us and another local team, within the Oldham area;

5) Build a new ground for us only, outside the Oldham area;

6) Build a new ground for us and another local team, outside the Oldham area;

7) Share a local team's ground.

From what I can gather, options 1 and 2 are looking less likely than I would have hoped (for sentimental reasons) but at least option 7 seems dead in the water, according to Simon Corney's LW interview.

In my opinion, the possibility of Latics playing outside the Oldham area is highly unlikely. There is no doubt in my mind that moving too far would lose us fans and TTA will understand this too. Out of the local clubs we could realistically share a new ground with (Bury, Rochdale and possibly Stockport), I'd say that financially, we would possess the loudest voice when choosing a location.

That leaves options 3 and 4 - both involving a new ground within the Oldham area.

Sentimentality aside, surely this is the best (and only) way forward for Oldham Athletic?

Where to ? Rochdale ? Not really...

Ferney Fields would of been worse...

Well for those who get the bus, either 24/181/182 drop you off approx 5 mins away from boundary park

Re Ferney fields, would be the same bus service but I imagine from broadway, would be a 10-15 minute walk?

Well for those who get the bus, either 24/181/182 drop you off approx 5 mins away from boundary park

Re Ferney fields, would be the same bus service but I imagine from broadway, would be a 10-15 minute walk?

I am coming from Warrington...

I suppose it would be about the same...

Oh puhleeeeease let's stop going on about the fecking rugby.

I can understand the idea of them using BP for the occasional big match where the gate might be worthwhile, but what is honestly the point when they're playing in front of under a thousand? They'd be better off helping out a non-league (football or rugby) ground by playing (and paying rent) there.

I don't care. Whatever they do pay, added to gate receipts (however split) is nowhere near enough to cover the costs of opening the ground for the game - or indeed to compensate us for ruining the pitch.

I don't care. Whatever they do pay, added to gate receipts (however split) is nowhere near enough to cover the costs of opening the ground for the game - or indeed to compensate us for ruining the pitch.

The ground isnt 'open' though, they only open one stand (the main stand), i cant remember them playing a night game for a long time, so there is no cost for floodlights.

i agree about the pitch, but surely Quinn pays his share for that

Im of the opinion that the rugby club is very much part of this town, without them having a ground i think its only right for them to play at BP

i think people would have a different opinion on the rugby if they were in super league again, bringing in a LOT more money for US

I just don't understand the logic of rugby fans who want to play at Boundary Park, in an empty, atmosphere-free stadium, when they could play in front of a reasonable looking crowd and proper atmosphere in a small ground that holds a couple of thousand.

It'd be like us wanting to play at Old Trafford in front of 4500.

I just get the feeling they're desperately trying to hold on to some former glory and elevated status, that in truth will almost certainly never be revisited.

I just don't understand the logic of rugby fans who want to play at Boundary Park, in an empty, atmosphere-free stadium, when they could play in front of a reasonable looking crowd and proper atmosphere in a small ground that holds a couple of thousand.

It'd be like us wanting to play at Old Trafford in front of 4500.

I just get the feeling they're desperately trying to hold on to some former glory and elevated status, that in truth will almost certainly never be revisited.

Can't say I agree with that.

I go on the Roughyeds board from time to time.

They don't like being beholden to Latics, and fear they could be kicked out at any time, they want their own Staium and would be happy with one like Hunslet's which is small compact but room for expansion if it were ever needed.

And oafc000, that was very funny!

They don't like being beholden to Latics, and fear they could be kicked out at any time, they want their own Staium and would be happy with one like Hunslet's which is small compact but room for expansion if it were ever needed.

If that's their general feeling, I agree with them, and I also think it's their best chance of trying to rebuild something a bit more secure. Never been much of an RL fan, but I honestly have no axe to grind against them.