Chris Killen...

He scores 2 against some australian club in a friendly and gets a bit of praise from Mowbray.

Still wont mean anything as i'll be very suprised if he'll be a regular starter. Celtic have recently bought in Marc Antoine Fortune. Him and Scotty Mac will be the front two. He's then got to fight off Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink and Samaras for a spot on the bench. Sorry Killen, but it's another season in the ressies with the odd bit part off the bench

Celtic only signed him, purely on the back of one good season at Hibs.

He wont get a chance at Celtic in competitive games. Though what will he care. He's on a fair whack at Parkhead.

Y.N.W.A

Edited by Rocky_Latic

He scores 2 against some australian club in a friendly and gets a bit of praise from Mowbray.

Still wont mean anything as i'll be very suprised if he'll be a regular starter. Celtic have recently bought in Marc Antoine Fortune. Him and Scotty Mac will be the front two. He's then got to fight off Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink and Samaras for a spot on the bench. Sorry Killen, but it's another season in the ressies with the odd bit part off the bench

He wont get a chance at Celtic in competitive games. Though what will he care. He's on a fair whack at Parkhead.

Y.N.W.A

Precisely. He couldn't get more than 90 seconds a game with McDonald injured, Samaras yet to sign and JVoH at the time playing like me after 15 pints and an appointment with a large bong. When does his deal run out? Maybe he'll pick his form up a bit towards the end of it.

Precisely. He couldn't get more than 90 seconds a game with McDonald injured, Samaras yet to sign and JVoH at the time playing like me after 15 pints and an appointment with a large bong. When does his deal run out? Maybe he'll pick his form up a bit towards the end of it.

He signed a 3 year deal, so has till the end of this season.

The only thing Killen has done in his Celtic career of note is score the equaliser at Gretna in the last minute when 1-0 down. Minute's later Scotty Mac popped up to make it 2-1.

Compare that to who he's up against. Highly rated striker "Marc Antoine Fortune" who Mowbray's been after since he took over. Scotty Mac who scored 31 in his debut season with Celtic. J.V.O Hesselink who will be a bit of a legend amongst celtic fans for scoring a last minute winner against Rangers the other year.

5th in the pecking order. Could even end up further down come the start of the season if a few rumours are to be believed.

He signed a 3 year deal, so has till the end of this season.

The only thing Killen has done in his Celtic career of note is score the equaliser at Gretna in the last minute when 1-0 down. Minute's later Scotty Mac popped up to make it 2-1.

Compare that to who he's up against. Highly rated striker "Marc Antoine Fortune" who Mowbray's been after since he took over. Scotty Mac who scored 31 in his debut season with Celtic. J.V.O Hesselink who will be a bit of a legend amongst celtic fans for scoring a last minute winner against Rangers the other year.

5th in the pecking order. Could even end up further down come the start of the season if a few rumours are to be believed.

He scored a few for Hibs against Mordor FC soon after signing for them I think. Before getting his big move, and turning :censored:e. Shock horror.

I went to the game just to see Killen.

Granted, it was only the Roar....Below half way Championship level at best, but his positioning and running off the ball was outstanding.....and, he actually stayed on his feet the whole game, despite Craig Moore's best efforts.

His two goals capped an excellent display all round.

Edit: Interesting to note that while we slate Chris's chances, COG (will he cut the mustard?) is the popular choice for MOM against the mighty Hyde.................

Edited by L1onheart

Edit: Interesting to note that while we slate Chris's chances, COG (will he cut the mustard?) is the popular choice for MOM against the mighty Hyde.................

Difference being. Killen has four capable strikers at that level ahead of him in the pecking order, whereas you can only see Abbott ahead of O'Grady for us at the moment.

Y.N.W.A

JVofH is away now pal. Back in Holland I think!

.....Under Mowbray. Strachan made no secret of the fact that he signed players a la Fergie...ie to stop them scoring against Celtic !!!!

Y.N.W.A

And Mowbray's answer to the question on whether he has a future at Celtic, was an emphatic Yes.

I suppose it all comes down to the shoe fitting. It is obvious that Mowbray likes him, so I reckon he will get his chance. There is a difference between being injured and being lazy....Samaras is lazy, which is why he was on the bench for most of the year.

Whatever the outcome, I sincerely hopes that he makes a good fist of his chances....however limited they may be.

It is always good to see ex-Latics do well at other clubs.

Edited by L1onheart