QUOTE (oafcprozac @ Jul 16 2009, 15:30 PM)

Lincoln City at BP Saturday 6th February 1999 W2-0 Mardon and Thom scored

Damn, your good!!!!

Good, where was the attempt to name the 15 fans in the background..?

Seriosuly, I am never less than impressed prozac. I wish I had you memory, instead of the one I have.

Now, what was the topice of this post I was replying to..?

Rain Man 'aint it?

I'm a Historian, dates amongst other things are what I do - I just happen to be pretty good with past games played over the last 20 years involving Latics!

It is...I was suggesting a blackjack trip. :wink:

I have a vague memory of one of the first games I attended at BP. We played somebody in yellow and scored 4 goals (I think). It will have been 89/90/91, so we will have been scoring 4 every week back then :grin:

Any idea who it might have been? I recall hammering Luton Town around that period (or maybe a season or two later) but I'm sure they wore white? Sharpe scored 4....

It is...I was suggesting a blackjack trip. :wink:

I have a vague memory of one of the first games I attended at BP. We played somebody in yellow and scored 4 goals (I think). It will have been 89/90/91, so we will have been scoring 4 every week back then :grin:

Any idea who it might have been? I recall hammering Luton Town around that period (or maybe a season or two later) but I'm sure they wore white? Sharpe scored 4....

When Sharp scored 4, Luton were wearing their away kit which was orange (and very garish) at the time...over to prozac for dates etc

When Sharp scored 4, Luton were wearing their away kit which was orange (and very garish) at the time...over to prozac for dates etc

Maybe I'm mixing my memories then as my first game was before Sharpe played for us. Unless Prozac can give some clarity I'll never know what it was.... :(

Maybe I'm mixing my memories then as my first game was before Sharpe played for us. Unless Prozac can give some clarity I'll never know what it was.... :(

I know we hammered Watford in the 90-91 season (i think), Andy Ritchie backheeling past a young David James...could that be it?

I know we hammered Watford in the 90-91 season (i think), Andy Ritchie backheeling past a young David James...could that be it?

It could have been....I'll never know for sure. It's the kind of thing you expect your Dad to know but he doesn't. And he didn't take me to Wembley. :ranting::ranting::ranting:

We also put 4 past Oxford, just a few days after the League Cup final. Evening game, but a bit of a nice warm balmy one if I remember, could've been that.

The Watford thumping the following season was a bit of a winter game. Wet, miserable and another team we beat in a nice purple patch where we also dished out shoeings to Brighton, Wolves and Plymouth scoring about 25 goals in the process.

Ah, halycon days.

We also put 4 past Oxford, just a few days after the League Cup final. Evening game, but a bit of a nice warm balmy one if I remember, could've been that.

The Watford thumping the following season was a bit of a winter game. Wet, miserable and another team we beat in a nice purple patch where we also dished out shoeings to Brighton, Wolves and Plymouth scoring about 25 goals in the process.

Ah, halycon days.

Watford W4-1 (were losing 1-0)

Brighton W6-1

Wolves W4-1 (were losing 1-0)

Plymouth W5-3 (were losing 2-1)

Them were the days!

This could have been the 4-4 against reading @ BP cracking match

When was that? We drew 4-4 at home to Bristol Rovers in 1997 after being 3-0 up.

The Reading games you refer to may be further back. we beat them 4-0 on the night of the Zeebrugge disaster (6/3/87) and the follwing February beat them 4-2. 6/2/88