Ground Move

If we move down towards failsworth you could say we would be too close to city , who do offer very reasonable prices , for prem football...... For now.

In 5 or 10 years its pretty much a certainty that city will be one of the top teams in europe , with ticket prices to mach, like chelsea, man u ,arsenel etc.

There fore leaving only one affordable local club to support .

No matter what you say moving the club closer to manchester will attract more fans, we havent got much hope of atracting the real oldhamers so why not try to tap into the surrounding areas ,

And i suppose distance wise we would prob be classed as the nearest rivals the the worlds ritchest club.

In 5 or 10 years its pretty much a certainty that city will be a collosal laughing stock wearing size 23 clown shoes instead of football boots and with a comedy plastic water-squirting flower for a club badge, with ticket prices to mach the top teams in europe, like chelsea, man u ,arsenel etc.

Think you made a typo in there, I sorted it out for you.

listen this all moving near to manchester city and our fans will go to watch them etc is just perfetic if people wanted to support oldham why would thay want to go watch manchester city :S its liek saying manchester city fans want to go watch manchester united and vice a verse why doesnt stockport fans go watch city or manu

listen this all moving near to manchester city and our fans will go to watch them etc is just perfetic if people wanted to support oldham why would thay want to go watch manchester city :S its liek saying manchester city fans want to go watch manchester united and vice a verse why doesnt stockport fans go watch city or manu

the opposite will happen, city fans will come and watch us when they get priced out it

the opposite will happen, city fans will come and watch us when they get priced out it

They wouldn't. They would most likely start going to the boozer and watching City on some foreign satellite channel.

Anyway, why would we want a load of City fans watching us? They are a bunch of c**s.

They wouldn't. They would most likely start going to the boozer and watching City on some foreign satellite channel.

Anyway, why would we want a load of City fans watching us? They are a bunch of c**s.

if i had the choice of sharing a stadium with Rochdale or having a few city fans paying to watch us in our own stadium i know what id choose

i dont think all the priced out city fans would go to the pub, fans still want to watch live football

Yeah, I can see the logic in this.

From a completely selfish point of view I would love a move to Failsworth. A short stroll to the Latics would be nice.

Agree. Similar situation for me :)

Edited by ste1987

Agree. Similar situation for me :)

Me too. Only a 2 minute walk to the lancaster club. When all this talk about Failsworth started, i thought everybody meant the waste land on Moston Brook which i live back to back with. If so, then i think i would've been against it. Would'nt like a stadium right on my doorstep plus i like the privacy that we get with nobody overlooking us. Lancaster club would be ideal for me from a biased point of view.

Me too. Only a 2 minute walk to the lancaster club. When all this talk about Failsworth started, i thought everybody meant the waste land on Moston Brook which i live back to back with. If so, then i think i would've been against it. Would'nt like a stadium right on my doorstep plus i like the privacy that we get with nobody overlooking us. Lancaster club would be ideal for me from a biased point of view.

Just got my license so doesn't bother me, plus it's been in Royton area forever now and Oldhamers don't seem to give much of a care so i'm up for the move.

Just got my license so doesn't bother me, plus it's been in Royton area forever now and Oldhamers don't seem to give much of a care so i'm up for the move.

Last time I checked the address of OAFC it was this :

Boundary Park,

Furtherwood Road,

Oldham.

OL1 2PA

To think we are going to suddenly get MORE fans by moving to an area with little real association or connection to Oldham is ludicrous.

I'm sorry, but that is exactly what will probably happen. I dont see our crowds exactly rising with dedicated Oldhamers year on year. Moving down the road certainly wont hurt the crowds, and more than likely will increase them with a new catchment area.

Like the idea or not, the concept of crowds increasing when moving to failsworth is not Ludicrous. I understand your sentiment for keeping it on your doorstep, i really do, however most arguements will point to moving to failsworth as anything but ludicrous.

I think also you have to realise that this whole romantic concept of Oldhamers supporting Oldham is a load of balls. Its the same with any area, kids will grow up wanting to support whichever is the most attractive option. Hopefully moving to failsworth with a nice shiny ground will make us more attractive to kids and passing fans... and lets be honest, people like me and you, and anyone on this board will still be watching them if they moved anywhere in a 10 mile radius on BP.

Staying in Oldham will gain nothing... most oldhamers will travel to Failsworth to watch thier football club, and we will hopefully attract some new ones.

Edited by BigfinLatic

To think we are going to suddenly get MORE fans by moving to an area with little real association or connection to Oldham is ludicrous.

I agree

and how bad will this look

Oldham Athletic

Broadway

Failsworth

Manchester

M35 etc.....

Still think moving to far away from Oldham is crazy

I'm sorry, but that is exactly what will probably happen. I dont see our crowds exactly rising with dedicated Oldhamers year on year. Moving down the road certainly wont hurt the crowds, and more than likely will increase them with a new catchment area.

Like the idea or not, the concept of crowds increasing when moving to failsworth is not Ludicrous. I understand your sentiment for keeping it on your doorstep, i really do, however most arguements will point to moving to failsworth as anything but ludicrous.

I think also you have to realise that this whole romantic concept of Oldhamers supporting Oldham is a load of balls. Its the same with any area, kids will grow up wanting to support whichever is the most attractive option. Hopefully moving to failsworth with a nice shiny ground will make us more attractive to kids and passing fans... and lets be honest, people like me and you, and anyone on this board will still be watching them if they moved anywhere in a 10 mile radius on BP.

Staying in Oldham will gain nothing... most oldhamers will travel to Failsworth to watch thier football club, and we will hopefully attract some new ones.

I'M SORRY, BUT YOU'RE DELUDED. In my opinion. WHY will Mancs come and support Oldham? WHY ??? Failsworth is massively United and City....:censored:ing staunchly. There's a few Oldham fans, but it's roots go way deep in City and United.

I'M SORRY, BUT YOU'RE DELUDED. In my opinion. WHY will Mancs come and support Oldham? WHY ??? Failsworth is massively United and City....:censored:ing staunchly. There's a few Oldham fans, but it's roots go way deep in City and United.

I don't think this boundary/postcode business is all it's cracked up to be. The Big Top satisfies their need to be within the City technically, so they can still turn their nose up at Trafford, but it's location has nothing in common with Moss Side except for also being fairly rough. A couple of miles this way or that, this post code or that, we can let it bother us or we can not be arsed. Emotionally I would prefer to be within the Borough - some would prefer to be nearer to BP or further from Eastlands. We would all like SOMETHING to happen, and the costs involved are also going to be ever so slightly important, it's all well and good spotting some land and deciding we should build there.

It's all well and good having a debate, but we have to stop making this a pissing contest where no option can go ahead unless it's our individual preference. It's obvious that no option that appears practical at the moment will be 100% popular, we can either have our input and then back the club in what they do or we can argue about it for 10 years, and piss and moan and gripe and make the worst fears of the Corp into a reality. I'll support us under any of the suggested options, no question.

It really dosent matter where we play unless we plan on doing a MK Dons...

Royton, Chadderton, Failsworth outskirts of Rochdale....

There is nothing in it....

The postcode / district matters nothing... Attendances will be driven by one factor, which league we are in...

I live in Warrington and pretty much travel to the very outskirts of what you would call Oldham to watch my team... Dosent matter where it is based...

Edited by oafc0000

Unfortunately, the same can be said about Oldham. don't know if you have noticed but people arent exactly fighting amongst themselves for the last seat at BP.

As has been said, the fist way to get fans back to BP is to win football matches and get up a division... the second is to have a nice shiny new stadium which hopefully will bring in money and allow us to go up a league.... if that can only happen by moving from BP to Failsworth, well then its all shiny with me.

Something needs to change....

all this talk of moving down to the lancaster...what about ferney field by way of a compromise?? its away from the nimby a!£$es i don't think tryin to poach city fans away from eastlands will work Why would they would you go watch dale if we put our prices up a few quid...didn't think so!!