Trust Oldham

by making sure that we have a voice within the board....if you ain't happy with the trust and you consider them a joke ..what are your options

Do what I do... Having nothing to do with it...

Speak to people directly...and register your complaints in person... Done it serveral times and will be doing it come start of the season regarding the watered down plans...

Barry takes his own opinion into the board room anyway, he said this himself... He isnt there to repersent us... Well he is, that was the job description as I udnerstood it, but he said many moons ago on JK Latics, he presents his own opinion in the board room and not the general one he "hears" from the fans...

If this is no longer the case Barry, please feel free to say so and correct me...

Edited by oafc0000

by making sure that we have a voice within the board....if you ain't happy with the trust and you consider them a joke ..what are your options

But I don't feel like I do have a voice within the boardroom, hence I think that the Trust is of no benefit

Do what I do... Having nothing to do with it...

Speak to people directly...and register your complaints in person... Done it serveral times and will be doing it come start of the season regarding the watered down plans...

Barry takes his own opinion into the board room anyway, he said this himself... He isnt there to repersent us... Well he is, that was the job description as I udnerstood it, but he said many moons ago on JK Latics, he presents his own opinion in the board room and not the general one he "hears" from the fans...

If this is no longer the case Barry, please feel free to say so and correct me...

barry has alway's been the whippingboy.hence his refusal to activley involve himself on message boards.. he is in a no win situation whatever he does because there are alway's green eyed monsters constantly looking over his shoulder.....

I know Barry doesn't always help himself, and I don't doubt he has his weaknesses as the Trust (and therefore the fans') representative on the Board.

However, he was the one person who stepped forward when asked, the one person who was able and willing to commit themselves to the role, and remains one of the very hardest workers at the club despite his role being voluntary and supposedly part time.

I'm also sure there are ways that the Trust could operate better, especially in terms of clear communication with the fans at large. However, again, that needs dedication, time and the appropriate skills - none of which are easy to come by.

It's easy to throw stones, and many criticisms may well be justified, but give these guys a chance, and if you can try and help.

(Easy for me to say, as one of the majority who doesn't have the time to do much more than turn up at the odd event and pontificate on here... :unsure: )

"However, he was the one person who stepped forward when asked"

I remember voting for a whole range of people who stood up to be counted..and when BO was nominated as Chief I never expected it to be a life term. That's not knocking him by the way. Most governance bodies do have a process of re-election and some even debar long term representation to prevent longetivity and "comfiness".

"However, he was the one person who stepped forward when asked"

I remember voting for a whole range of people who stood up to be counted..and when BO was nominated as Chief I never expected it to be a life term. That's not knocking him by the way. Most governance bodies do have a process of re-election and some even debar long term representation to prevent longetivity and "comfiness".

i dare say its a thankless task, but being ex force, i can't ever see him upsetting the apple cart if need be, hope i'm wrong like

Evolve our club. Couldn't care about anything else. Oh and get us out of this s---hole of a town!

E4e

NWHAM

Our club. In other words, the people of Oldham's club...the town you wish to slight at every opportunity....why don't you do us all a favour and :censored: off back to Bacup and jump on Burnley bandwagon this time ?

And in what way are they not doing that?

Several Trust Directors read and post on this board and are well aware of the concerns being raised, which will be put forward.

But at the end of the day its not as if all the fans have the same opinion on this move is it? Opinions are mixed to say the least.

All we have heard regarding this stadium proposal is the very early details.

Alot more will become clearer over time no doubt

I think your post about Trust Directors needs "modifying," there are at least two current mods (and one former mod/senior guy on here) who are trust directors, this has always struck me as a bit of a conflict of interest personally, one in particular seemed to get both jobs conviently around the same time after he did something big regarding the club, and on some occassions this has affected their impartiality IMHO. Having said that the trust is what the trust is and frankly if you don't like it you know where to sign up and complain (if you get enough people to join you in your cause you can make a difference I doubt many trust meetings are that well attended so it might not take much to change summat. Football supporters trusts around the land don't seem much different- they put across their own view and sometimes this view isn't the same as a good proportion of the fans (sometimes even the majority).

I don't have too much of a problem with the trust nor am I that much in favour of it, for example I've known what Barry Owen looks like for a good few years but I don't ever recall seeing him at a game (and I've sat with a good view of the directors a few times too and I'm not a home only person either), the least I would expect of the fan's represetnative is at least go to 95% of the games. Personally a lot of the stuff that people complain about in terms of stuff the trust might have a say in doesn't really affect me. This ground move adds 5 minutes onto my journey to Latics- (10 on the rare occassions I come straight from Durham). I know its going to affect some BP based businesses a lot (pubs and the like) but aside from tradition (which in many ways would be better summed up as stagnation), the fact its not the closest stadium to my parent's house, and the worry we might be in a souless bowl of a stadium I can see a lot more logical positives from the move.

To sum up the trust is an organisation which although not obviously very well run isn't badly run either. It came about from good intentions and that might be clouded its judgement. However, I don't have all that much of a problem with some of the major issues it has decided but if I did I would know how to change them.

I think your post about Trust Directors needs "modifying," there are at least two current mods (and one former mod/senior guy on here) who are trust directors, this has always struck me as a bit of a conflict of interest personally, one in particular seemed to get both jobs conviently around the same time after he did something big regarding the club, and on some occassions this has affected their impartiality IMHO. Having said that the trust is what the trust is and frankly if you don't like it you know where to sign up and complain (if you get enough people to join you in your cause you can make a difference I doubt many trust meetings are that well attended so it might not take much to change summat. Football supporters trusts around the land don't seem much different- they put across their own view and sometimes this view isn't the same as a good proportion of the fans (sometimes even the majority).

I don't have too much of a problem with the trust nor am I that much in favour of it, for example I've known what Barry Owen looks like for a good few years but I don't ever recall seeing him at a game (and I've sat with a good view of the directors a few times too and I'm not a home only person either), the least I would expect of the fan's represetnative is at least go to 95% of the games. Personally a lot of the stuff that people complain about in terms of stuff the trust might have a say in doesn't really affect me. This ground move adds 5 minutes onto my journey to Latics- (10 on the rare occassions I come straight from Durham). I know its going to affect some BP based businesses a lot (pubs and the like) but aside from tradition (which in many ways would be better summed up as stagnation), the fact its not the closest stadium to my parent's house, and the worry we might be in a souless bowl of a stadium I can see a lot more logical positives from the move.

To sum up the trust is an organisation which although not obviously very well run isn't badly run either. It came about from good intentions and that might be clouded its judgement. However, I don't have all that much of a problem with some of the major issues it has decided but if I did I would know how to change them.

I don't know where you were looking but I attended every home gasme last season.

Barry

The trust appear to be completely oblivious to the fact that professional football will no longer exist in Oldham in 2012. Unlike a high number of posters on here, who don't actually live in Oldham, I do. Supporting my home town home team is something which is important to me, and has taken up a huge part of my life for the last few years, since I moved back to Oldham.

These "Changing circumstances (which) no longer make Boundary Park a feasible option" - what are these? Is this the "credit crunch"? Even someone who knows nothing about economics knows that since time began, recessions/downturns do not last for ever. However, if latics do move out of Oldham due to this credit crunch, what will happen, will we move back to Oldham when the economy moves back into upswing? To blame a temporary factor on a decision which is permanent is without any sense whatsoever.

I'm all for moving to a new home, but look around Oldham. Take a 10 minute drive around Oldham and you'll see area after area that needs development and would desperately benefit from a football stadium. Why Failsworth/New Moston/Manchester, miles away from our fan base and right next to Man City? I really have no interest in travelling to Manchester to watch a football team where the local population will be completely anti-latics. I've never met anyone from Failsworth who considers themselves to be an Oldhamer.

Two problems as far as I can see. The location, as discussions I've had with people from Failsworth would suggest, that they don't want us there. Why would they? Why would a town such as Failsworth, which is made of mainly City fans, a fair sized proportion of reds, a handful of latics supporters. All the latics fans I've spoken to are horrified at the idea of moving to Manchester/New Moston/Newton Heath. It must be lost on TTA and the board that Man City is just down the road... We can't compete with them, chances are in years to come, their gate prices will be lower than ours with the outside investment they have.

Secondly, the size of the stadium - I've never heard of a club moving to a smaller stadium. What kind of ambition is that? If the JJB would have been built with a capacity of 12,000, would Wigan have achieved what they have? Would Reading?

If we are to move (which I am all for - I've posted on here and have said countlessly that we need a new stadium), lets do it right. Right location, right size, right local support - this stinks to me as a stop gap solution, so that TTA can do the land deal they need to at least partially recoup their significant losses. Everything about this proposal just isn't right - wrong location, wrong size, and from what I can gather, limited local support.

...there are at least two current mods (and one former mod/senior guy on here) who are trust directors, this has always struck me as a bit of a conflict of interest personally...

I can't speak for the Trust, but OWTB.co.uk considers none of its Moderators to have any conflicts of interests of any kind. Our processes and procedures are adhered to by all members of staff, no matter what their associations external to OWTB.

If you can provide examples where you believe that an OWTB.co.uk member of staff has abused their OWTB.co.uk position in relation to their Trust role please contact me via PM and I, along with the other Admin's, will happily investigate the issues.

Take a 10 minute drive around Oldham and you'll see area after area that needs development and would desperately benefit from a football stadium.

Funny, if you drive southish down Broadway from Boundary Park to a place called Failsworth, which is within Oldham council's jurisdiction, you come to a near perfect site.

Who'd have thunk it?

Funny, if you drive southish down Broadway from Boundary Park to a place called Failsworth, which is within Oldham council's jurisdiction, you come to a near perfect site.

Who'd have thunk it?

Posting about council boundaries is ridiculous - Failsworth/New Moston/Manchester are not in Oldham, whoever the local council may or not be. Whose to say the boundaries won't be changed again? The MP for Failsworth is the MP for Ashton Under Lyne - does this make Failsworth part of Tameside??? Depressing :disappointed:

Lees used to be part of Ashton. Failsworth might not be Oldham heartland but it's still Oldham. People in Failsworth vote for councillors for Oldham Council. It's the government that change boundaries and mess things about.

Posting about council boundaries is ridiculous - Failsworth/New Moston/Manchester are not in Oldham, whoever the local council may or not be. Whose to say the boundaries won't be changed again? The MP for Failsworth is the MP for Ashton Under Lyne - does this make Failsworth part of Tameside??? Depressing :disappointed:

So what makes it part of Oldham then!? You can't pick and choose your criteria! Parts of Oldham are or were in Yorkshire, Rochdale play in an Oldham postcode, there's countless examples of this kind of thing.

Fact remains its a line on the map and not 10 minutes from our current home. If it offers a viable financial option it's got to be pursued. It really is that simple!

So what makes it part of Oldham then!? You can't pick and choose your criteria! Parts of Oldham are or were in Yorkshire, Rochdale play in an Oldham postcode, there's countless examples of this kind of thing.

Fact remains its a line on the map and not 10 minutes from our current home. If it offers a viable financial option it's got to be pursued. It really is that simple!

Failsworth people do not consider themselves Oldhamers, simple as that. If life is that simple to you fine, but I can't imagine too many City fans being happy if they had moved to Salford instead of Eastlands - "its a line on the map and not 10 minutes from our current home" . See its not that simple.

Trying to draw comparisons with Rochdale, Saddleworth etc. is irrelevant. I'm not going to keep harping on about the fact that Failsworth is not part of Oldham. Try going for a few pints round Failsworth Pole and telling them that they are Oldhamers. Good luck.

I'll repeat.

Wrong Location.

Wrong size stadium.

Edited by slurms mckenzie

Failsworth people do not consider themselves Oldhamers, simple as that. If life is that simple to you fine, but I can't imagine too many City fans being happy if they had moved to Salford instead of Eastlands - "its a line on the map and not 10 minutes from our current home" . See its not that simple.

Trying to draw comparisons with Rochdale, Saddleworth etc. is irrelevant. I'm not going to keep harping on about the fact that Failsworth is not part of Oldham. Try going for a few pints round Failsworth Pole and telling them that they are Oldhamers. Good luck.

I'll repeat.

Wrong Location.

Wrong size stadium.

I'm from Failsworth and so are my family and we consider ourselves Oldhamers. I know several of my friends consider themselves Oldhamers who are also from Failsworth.

Now who's over simplifying?

I wouldn't go out round the pole as its awful, but that's beside the point also. If this location, within Oldham, offers the club a stable financial footing then it has to be pursued. Even if it pisses off some fans who are too stubborn to travel an extra 4 miles!

I'm from Failsworth and so are my family and we consider ourselves Oldhamers. I know several of my friends consider themselves Oldhamers who are also from Failsworth.

Now who's over simplifying?

I wouldn't go out round the pole as its awful, but that's beside the point also. If this location, within Oldham, offers the club a stable financial footing then it has to be pursued. Even if it pisses off some fans who are too stubborn to travel an extra 4 miles!

I just can't contemplate why the far boundary of Failsworth backing onto Newton Heath is the best site for an Oldham football club.

Ok, if you consider an Oldhamer, fair play to you. Enjoy going for a pre match pint in the Clobbers Arms, or any other pubs round there, if there are any open. I'd buy you a pint, except I won't be there. I'm going to enjoy the next 2 years while I can and am not going to ruin it for those who are happy with the commute from Oldham to Failsworth.

It sounds like a done deal anyway.

I can't speak for the Trust, but OWTB.co.uk considers none of its Moderators to have any conflicts of interests of any kind. Our processes and procedures are adhered to by all members of staff, no matter what their associations external to OWTB.

If you can provide examples where you believe that an OWTB.co.uk member of staff has abused their OWTB.co.uk position in relation to their Trust role please contact me via PM and I, along with the other Admin's, will happily investigate the issues.

I haven't got one at hand but I did notice that in a previous post about the trust some of the mods jumped on anyone who bad mouthed the trust and this made me think that legitimately bad mouthing (opinions differ) the trust on here (not that I would) is not the best idea. However, if in the future, if I see a problem I will be quick to let you know that people are being less than impartial.