Trust Oldham

Represent the fans........

And in what way are they not doing that?

Several Trust Directors read and post on this board and are well aware of the concerns being raised, which will be put forward.

But at the end of the day its not as if all the fans have the same opinion on this move is it? Opinions are mixed to say the least.

All we have heard regarding this stadium proposal is the very early details.

Alot more will become clearer over time no doubt

The Trust could prove they actually represent fans, and a perfect way to do it would be the new ground.

Ask the fans what they'd like to see, what they wouldnt like to see, shape, size, etc.

Something like that could easilly be sorted and I will gladly take the onus to do this if you wish?

Something like that could easilly be sorted and I will gladly take the onus to do this if you wish?

That would be great, i'm sure alot of Latics fans will agree, and football fans in general that the concept of consulting fans and having a say is a great idea, and is appreiciated. However, the downside is that if requests are ignored, people are obviously unhappy.

Maybe a fans forum or a focus group? Fans forum would be the better option due to the representation.

I agree, a fan's forum is needed with the club being at the beggining of a huge step. Fan's have worries/concerns/questions regarding the stadium move so a meeting should be in place before everything starts taking place. Remember we'll still be here in 100 years the owners won't. We need to discuss our future as a football club.

That would be great, i'm sure alot of Latics fans will agree, and football fans in general that the concept of consulting fans and having a say is a great idea, and is appreiciated. However, the downside is that if requests are ignored, people are obviously unhappy.

Maybe a fans forum or a focus group? Fans forum would be the better option due to the representation.

I think its obvious to see a fans forum would be an obvious option. I was also thinking in the meantime whacking up either a survey or an open questionnaire to begin with.

Leave it with me and I will give it the weekend

I think its obvious to see a fans forum would be an obvious option. I was also thinking in the meantime whacking up either a survey or an open questionnaire to begin with.

Leave it with me and I will give it the weekend

Sounds a good idea Carl, cheers.

I think the only concern is whether the views would be listened to. I'm sure Mr. Corney wouldnt like to be trawling through surveys, and simple quantitative data can often miss out some important views.

However saying that, it's a great start to getting our views heard.

Sounds a good idea Carl, cheers.

I think the only concern is whether the views would be listened to. I'm sure Mr. Corney wouldnt like to be trawling through surveys, and simple quantitative data can often miss out some important views.

However saying that, it's a great start to getting our views heard.

Well the idea is I would do the trawling for him and generalise the data. As a postgraduate researcher its what I do for a living so that wouldnt be a problem.

And I was also thinking a combination of qualitative and quantitative thing

Like you said, it would be a start, most definately not the be all and end all.

I will get something knocked up over the weekend hopefully

survey is a good idea providing it covers everything an is reasonable thoruogh. but a forum or meeting probably wouldnt work. too many different views from different ends of the arguement nothing would be solved other than confirming that views are mixed also in something as big as planning designing and building a new stadium individual requests or even group request are probably not viable in alot of cases and putting these forward would just lead to more unrest that ideas arnt implemented

And in what way are they not doing that?

Several Trust Directors read and post on this board and are well aware of the concerns being raised, which will be put forward.

But at the end of the day its not as if all the fans have the same opinion on this move is it? Opinions are mixed to say the least.

All we have heard regarding this stadium proposal is the very early details.

Alot more will become clearer over time no doubt

Maybe some acknowledgement that certain issues have been raised and some feedback of what will be done (or not). Obviously some details of boardroom business must remain confidential, but surely a post on here every now and then to say how we the fans have been represented at boardroom level wouldn't go amiss.

Maybe this type of information is available somewhere and it's just that I don't know where to find it.

What do you expect the Trust to do rick?

I'd expect them to be taking the lead here and asking what fans think, feel and want. I haven't seen anything from the Trust about how they would like to collate views in order to be able to represent us fans.

You say that there are a number of Trust board members who post on here regularly - perhaps it would be good for us to know who they are (I presume you are one of the board members?)

As far as Barry Owen is concerned, he seems to be the figurehead (as he holds a seat on the Latics board), but I would honestly have expected some more visible consultation / information than we have seen to date.

Well the idea is I would do the trawling for him and generalise the data. As a postgraduate researcher its what I do for a living so that wouldnt be a problem.

And I was also thinking a combination of qualitative and quantitative thing

Like you said, it would be a start, most definately not the be all and end all.

I will get something knocked up over the weekend hopefully

WHat sort of sruverys did you have in mind?

Intersting poll (not created by me!!) here as to the style preferred from about 100 people so far.

Type of ground poll

One I did as to whether the move would affect whether you went or not 90% said it would make no difference, 9% did, but that included some that might not go to say night matches just because of safety-but I am not sure that Failsworth is that much worse than BP.

AS an aside, I think I was expeciting Barry to be parat of the announcement of the new ground.

Maybe it would be good to have a barrys' Blog or Barry's Twitter, just to let us know he is around

Even the agenda points he raised maybe?

There is a Trust meeting tonight, as I have said in another thread. This has been called ahead of the next scheduled meeting in light of the announcement on Wednesday. The thoughts and views of the fans are the only concern of the Trust and we are reading what is being said and will put things in place. The internet world means that everybody wants things doing now/immediately/yesterday. It is still only two days since the announcement and I would just ask that you have some patience for a few hours longer.

There is a Trust meeting tonight, as I have said in another thread. This has been called ahead of the next scheduled meeting in light of the announcement on Wednesday. The thoughts and views of the fans are the only concern of the Trust and we are reading what is being said and will put things in place. The internet world means that everybody wants things doing now/immediately/yesterday. It is still only two days since the announcement and I would just ask that you have some patience for a few hours longer.

Ah, so you are a Trust Board Member too?

So we have

Barry Owen

Lookers Carl

Takemeanywhere

To be honest, I would have hoped that the fans (in the form of the Trust) would have had a say BEFORE the announcement - feels a bit like the fans' opinions havent been taken into consideration to me.