Dave Penney on LW

Good frank interview with DP, says

"can't say whether there'll be more additions or not. Feels we have 14 or 15 nailed on first teamers and 5 or 6 fringe players that need to step up to the standard he wants or move on. Hinted at there's 2 or 3 that need to be moved on. Says it's time to raise our game now against better opposition and he expects a challenging week. Pleased with the centre-mids, Whits will get a chance at Centre-mid tomorrow. always wants to progress and team building will be ongoing. Josh is GK cover for now unless things change, CB situation is that he wants a younger quicker player, but the two there at the moment have the shirts as he's impressed with them. Greegs gets the armband because of the superb attitude he has shown.

Thing coming together, need 1, 2, 3 more and move 2 or 3 on he reckons. Needs to sort out 1 or two things off the pitch that he's not happy about but he'll put things in place to change that. All geared towards August 8th..."

All very positive, a very focused man who knows what he wants and how to get it. Very, very happy with this guy. Give him the time he needs and we'll achieve under him. We know all the signings won't work out but he'll chop and change and build a team that may not challenge this year but I reckon we will be up there next season. Can't wait for the season and Halifax apart it has been positives so far.

Well done to the hierachy for an astute appointment.

Good frank interview with DP, says

"can't say whether there'll be more additions or not. Feels we have 14 or 15 nailed on first teamers and 5 or 6 fringe players that need to step up to the standard he wants or move on. Hinted at there's 2 or 3 that need to be moved on. Says it's time to raise our game now against better opposition and he expects a challenging week. Pleased with the centre-mids, Whits will get a chance at Centre-mid tomorrow. always wants to progress and team building will be ongoing. Josh is GK cover for now unless things change, CB situation is that he wants a younger quicker player, but the two there at the moment have the shirts as he's impressed with them. Greegs gets the armband because of the superb attitude he has shown.

Thing coming together, need 1, 2, 3 more and move 2 or 3 on he reckons. Needs to sort out 1 or two things off the pitch that he's not happy about but he'll put things in place to change that. All geared towards August 8th..."

All very positive, a very focused man who knows what he wants and how to get it. Very, very happy with this guy. Give him the time he needs and we'll achieve under him. We know all the signings won't work out but he'll chop and change and build a team that may not challenge this year but I reckon we will be up there next season. Can't wait for the season and Halifax apart it has been positives so far.

Well done to the hierachy for an astute appointment.

When his name was first mentioned I was skeptical, but I would be lying if I said I wasnt 100 percent impressed with him so far.

On a different note, do you still need Windows Media player to see Latics World videos or has it switched to a flash player yet?

Yeah, he talks a good game and doesn't fill it with tiresome clichés and bull. I think I'm far more enthusiastic about DP than nearly all the players he's signed. Still can't get overly positive about the new season, but I certainly think we'll be harder to beat and much more competitive.

Yeah, he talks a good game and doesn't fill it with tiresome clichés and bull. I think I'm far more enthusiastic about DP than nearly all the players he's signed. Still can't get overly positive about the new season, but I certainly think we'll be harder to beat and much more competitive.

We were tough to beat last year. Only the top 3 lost less games than us. Our problem was draws and finishing sides off. We then ended with 17 draws. Far too many that.

We were tough to beat last year. Only the top 3 lost less games than us. Our problem was draws and finishing sides off. We then ended with 17 draws. Far too many that.

Yes, we had a good record against the top sides. I felt in the second half of the season we just became a bit soft to play against.

Yes, we had a good record against the top sides. I felt in the second half of the season we just became a bit soft to play against.

That's been the case for quite a few seasons now with us. Forget the first half of the season Penney, should be just fine. It's after Christmas you need to focus on :wink:

To be honest i don't have any expectations of the guy, for me this season he can have us finish in 15th an i won't be too bothered, i'm determined to be patient, he has a whole season to work things out and build the team and a work ethic. I'll judge him next season. Thats when i expect us to be pushing back into the play off places, not this season.

To be honest i don't have any expectations of the guy, for me this season he can have us finish in 15th an i won't be too bothered, i'm determined to be patient, he has a whole season to work things out and build the team and a work ethic. I'll judge him next season. Thats when i expect us to be pushing back into the play off places, not this season.

i agree with what you have said to a point i dont thinkwe have goalscorer who can score 20 plus goals a season abbott and parker wont get score 20 ogrady couldnt hit a barn door with a banjo alessandra wont be staying loan him out for a season so he can sharpen up so for me another striker wont go amiss,

this guy is ammazing so far really impressed hope all his hard work and perfection gets us where we want to be this season

to me he seems like a great manager at this level. it is whether he can take it that one step further. i think we like penney becuas ehe is good in his interviews and sheridan was never good at the press side of his job. one last thing is when i was at the game today, he kept shouting 'GET OUT!' when the ball was cleared. shows his intent on attacking play.

he kept shouting 'GET OUT!' when the ball was cleared. shows his intent on attacking play.

Unfortunately no one told the midfielders not to pass the ball back when all the defenders were on the half way line .