Is it just me?

I feel really strange about tomorrow. Last year I thought we would do well and for 2/3 of the season did. The last third really hurt. Perhaps I shut out the feelings towards the end of last season and it has carried over.

Thats how I feel, I really did lose something last season and I just can't get that excited. Doesn't feel like the start of the season to me. Though admitedly i'm going to oz next week so i'm a bit distracted by that.

Thats how I feel, I really did lose something last season and I just can't get that excited. Doesn't feel like the start of the season to me. Though admitedly i'm going to oz next week so i'm a bit distracted by that.

It seems from this thread that I'm not the only one to feel the way I do. It's only to be expected given the circumstances. I think we'll be lucky to average around 4300 next season unless we put up a convincing play-off challenge.

It seems from this thread that I'm not the only one to feel the way I do. It's only to be expected given the circumstances. I think we'll be lucky to average around 4300 next season unless we put up a convincing play-off challenge.

We'd better build a 16,000 seater stadium then.

We'd better build a 16,000 seater stadium then.

The low crowds now are because the club has made a hash of things over thee past fifteen years and people realise that it has been left behind.

The proposed small capacity of the new stadium is because the club knows this and has, privately, accepted it.

It isn't rocket science.

The low crowds now are because the club has made a hash of things over thee past fifteen years and people realise that it has been left behind.

The proposed small capacity of the new stadium is because the club knows this and has, privately, accepted it.

It isn't rocket science.

Aye. I thought you might say that. Not sure why.

It isn't rocket science.

twa-fishing.jpg

I don't think excited is the right word when you get to a certain age. Definitely intrigued though, new manager and practically new team and all that. Glad the season's starting, looking forward to getting back into the routine, especially looking forward to some fantastic away trips this season (and a few more ticks), and along with all that thinking I haven't a clue how we'll do but actually not that bothered as long as it ain't a relegation scrap.

After last season's pitiful fizzle-out I'm really looking forward to tomorrow.

My predictions: -

- Someone will be sat in my reserved seat.

- I will buy a cheese and potato pie.

- Abbott will score.

- Parker will score.

- Stockport will look awful.

- Latics will win 5-0.

Howzat?!

After last season's pitiful fizzle-out I'm really looking forward to tomorrow.

My predictions: -

- Someone will be sat in my reserved seat.

- I will buy a cheese and potato pie.

- Abbott will score.

- Parker will score.

- Stockport will look awful.

- Latics will win 5-0.

Howzat?!

I like it! :headbang:

And that's a problem, why?

Funny that the two players (bar Brill) who've received most stick recently are our 'true' Oldham players...Hazell and Gregan.

Pfah! We don't want new players.

E4e

MARGE

Didnt say it was a problem. Just annoying that mass changes HAVE to be made pretty much every season. It doesnt fill me with excitement more apprehension as I dont know what to expect! For once I hope our new signings stay fit and perform so we dont have to go round in circles again!

E4e

LURPAK :wink:

Edited by Butter

You're absolutely right. I want the players who've kept us in this division back! I want the old stale faces. I don't like change. As Delia would say...Lewis, Crossley, Allott, Maher, Lidds, <insert any other ex player who aint up for this level here>...where are you!?

E4e

YOCAL

I know what you are saying. The manager (who I was, and am, a big fan of) and the players who both were not good/big enough to get us promoted. But, I have absolutely no connection with fifteen or so new players. Who were replacing fifteen or so new players from two years ago. I don't like it. I don't like having a manager who is completely unconnected to the club. I don't like having players who are completely unconnected to the club. I just like having faces i know. I know it's daft, but it's like family. I don't like the complete change of side every other season.

I suppose, moreover. I just don't like football that much anymore. Which is sad.

Edit:NB. I guess I'm just reiterating Butters comments.

Edited by OldhamSheridan