Quick question

OAFCMIKE

Wrens nest was under the old Town Hall building. Right opposite the Nat West at the top of Yorkshire Street. Was a right pain in the arse cos you had to buy 2 halves if you wanted a pint. "We dont serve pints!" WTF?!!!

Became 'Hero's' in the mid-90s and was quite a good night in there, especially when yoy were in your late teens as I was - but then died on its arse out of nowhere.

Oh aye. Bottles of Sol in the Wren's Nest circa 1993. 50p each. Good times.

Bit like Mr Wrigleys (was opposite the Chron office) then circa 1998, quid a Sol, or quid a double vodka....now they were good times.

And getting back to the original post, there's only ever been Livingstone's at Livingstone's....before that it was a furniture shop wasn't it?!?!

Bit like Mr Wrigleys (was opposite the Chron office) then circa 1998, quid a Sol, or quid a double vodka....now they were good times.

And getting back to the original post, there's only ever been Livingstone's at Livingstone's....before that it was a furniture shop wasn't it?!?!

It was definitely some sort of upholstery or textile factory before it became Livingstone's, but I think the OP was actually saying has Livingstones now become Mink.

Harveys industrial workwear.

Wasn't Busby's known as a place for people who batted for t'other side?

Are you asking me to confirm that, or defend my reputation? :grin:

At one time, I think half of Union St was handed over to the gay scene. Dorothys, Busbys, Henrys and whatever the Hogshead was then called, all had transvestite dj's.

Jesus! There were some really dodgy clubs in Oldham. The other ones I remember frequenting (And Deejaying in some):

R & J's (Reflections, Baileys, Over the Rainbow, Froggies, Zanes etc)

Cats Whiskers (BoBo's)

Henrys

Moorend

Oscars

Tower Club

Dorothys

Hurricane (Club 57)

Montys

Marmadukes (Kittymans)

Candlelight

Dreamers

Scruples

Dinos

Cabaret

There were a few more, but they were the ones that stood out.

I seem to remember "Sands" nightclub near Mumps (Help on this one please)