Quick question

OAFCMIKE

or tramtracks before that! ^_^

You old bastard! :lol:

I used to practically live in Jo Jo's, from its heyday as one of the north Manchester clubs, to the ultimate demise. One horribly quiet Tuesday night the owner even tried to sell the place to me... for quite alot less than you might think.

Anyone else hear the story about why new owners of the club would move into the flat upstairs but always move out again a few weeks later? Involves the ghost of a woman who comitted suicide in the bathroom back when it was a mill owner's house.

Usual pile of crap you might say. Except I know that's exactly what happened - she was my great aunt (once or twice removed). :shock:

(Sorry Mike, I think we've got a bit sidetracked from your question!)

Ah yes, I knew there was another name in between! I remember it being Tramtracks as a kid, then it was Scandals when I started going ... might still have been Scandals when the owner tried selling it me! Trying to remember when it became Jo Jos now... :grin:

Jesus wept, Scandals.

My first ever night club i went in.....at 15 years old after attending my cousins wedding day at teh blue rooms in Royton. My sisters boyfriend lent me his driving license and i had about 15 minutes to remember his name and DOB even though i had only met him once before, forget the fact that i only looked about 12 when i was 15. :lol:

Those Pizza's they used to do in that doorway inside the club were brilliant, why dont they do that in Envy and Liquid now?

The Scandals pizzas! I'd forgotten about them!! Nearly as good as the burger van that parked over the road in the Jo Jos years. We invented some weird and wonderful concoctions there, just to see how many diffeent things you could get on one double burger... :grin:

Jesus! There were some really dodgy clubs in Oldham. The other ones I remember frequenting (And Deejaying in some):

R & J's (Reflections, Baileys, Over the Rainbow, Froggies, Zanes etc)

Cats Whiskers (BoBo's)

Henrys

Moorend

Oscars

Tower Club

Dorothys

Hurricane (Club 57)

Montys

Marmadukes (Kittymans)

Candlelight

Dreamers

Scruples

Dinos

Cabaret

There were a few more, but they were the ones that stood out.

The Scandals pizzas! I'd forgotten about them!! Nearly as good as the burger van that parked over the road in the Jo Jos years. We invented some weird and wonderful concoctions there, just to see how many diffeent things you could get on one double burger... :grin:

You could never beat the "hoggies" hotdogs outside Mr Smiths in Warrington. Had many of those down my shirt whilst barely able to walk. I just remembered the pizzas from Scandals, only other thing i remember was walking up to my girlfriend from behind and gropping her bum whilst "sexy dancing" behind her. As you can guess, i was bladdered and i dont know who was more upset about it, the girl i had mistaken for my girlfriend, her boyfriend stood about 5 steps away, or my girlfriend who was just walking back from the toilets to the sight of me gropping some girls arse with her boyfriend looking on. I loved my teeneage years :lol:

Jesus! There were some really dodgy clubs in Oldham. The other ones I remember frequenting (And Deejaying in some):

R & J's (Reflections, Baileys, Over the Rainbow, Froggies, Zanes etc)

Cats Whiskers (BoBo's)

Henrys

Moorend

Oscars

Tower Club

Dorothys

Hurricane (Club 57)

Montys

Marmadukes (Kittymans)

Candlelight

Dreamers

Scruples

Dinos

Cabaret

There were a few more, but they were the ones that stood out.

Was Dino's the one on Rock st that used to sell the big 2 pint glasses of german beer? I was only tiny until i was 17 and could very easily have gone for a swim in one of them glasses.

You could never beat the "hoggies" hotdogs outside Mr Smiths in Warrington. Had many of those down my shirt whilst barely able to walk. I just remembered the pizzas from Scandals, only other thing i remember was walking up to my girlfriend from behind and gropping her bum whilst "sexy dancing" behind her. As you can guess, i was bladdered and i dont know who was more upset about it, the girl i had mistaken for my girlfriend, her boyfriend stood about 5 steps away, or my girlfriend who was just walking back from the toilets to the sight of me gropping some girls arse with her boyfriend looking on. I loved my teeneage years :lol:

Was Dino's the one on Rock st that used to sell the big 2 pint glasses of german beer? I was only tiny until i was 17 and could very easily have gone for a swim in one of them glasses.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nah wasnt that wrens nest

Didn't Scandals/Jo Jo's have another name, albeit briefly, after it was called Jo Jo's...something beginning with R rings a bell...

EDIT : Hmmmm...Royston's rings a bell..

Think you're right there. After my time, but from what I heard demolition was the only merciful conclusion...

Dino's was on Union St, in the old Cafe Monaco building. It became something else, but I can't remember what it was called.

Busby's was open til 2am (I think it was the first 'pub' in Oldham to get a 2am licence). It was the former Waterloo on Union St.

And I forgot Smokies (Which is probably the right thing to do - full of pretentious ten bob millionaires).

Just been told the place im thinking of with the big beers was called "Buddies".

Buddies? Really? I'd have never got that.

The "name of the place on Rock Street that sold beer in steins" has bugged me and my mates for years!! I wouldn;t have said Buddies though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nah wasnt that wrens nest

Wrens nest was under the old Town Hall building. Right opposite the Nat West at the top of Yorkshire Street. Was a right pain in the arse cos you had to buy 2 halves if you wanted a pint. "We dont serve pints!" WTF?!!!