The forum Monday 10/08/09

Guest sheridans_world

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you bottled it then?

You're not so confident that I'm wrong when it comes down to it, are you? Some people just don't want to hear the bad news, I suppose.

What bad news?

How can a prediction of something that may or might not happen in 5 years time be considered as news at this point in time ?

Last night's forum gave an impression that any stadium plan would be expandable.

Like most on here I'm waiting to see the plans for a new stadium when they have been released. I'll crystallize MY OPINION after that.

When I do I promise that I won't repeat my opinion (even though I'm entitled to it) over 75 pages on this message board.

There are no guarantees that the new stadium will be increased in size, but then there are no guarantees that we can't run away with the league this season.

Lots of good comments here. What do people think of the rugby issue?

Lets be frank. They dont like us we dont like them. The relationship between the clubs has been frosty since Moores and wasnt much better under the TTA. Best we both go are seperate ways I think.

Edited by oafc0000

Excuse me but we're not 'standing in line' as you put it. Nor are we lemmings. We have an opinion, like you have yours. You have the same opinion of other people. That doesn't make you a lemming. So get over yourself, you aren't unique.

Okay. But just in case you get lost, the edge of the cliff is that way>

Lets be frank. They dont like us we dont like them. The relationship between the clubs has been frosty since Moores and wasnt much better under the TTA. Best we both go are seperate ways I think.

I think there are a fwe likw that, but not everyone by any manner of means. I'd go as far as to say the vociferous minority. That said, it would be obviosuly better if the Rugby had their own ground, and a a12k seater wonlt be needed for years.

This was posted on their forum.

Sgt Slaughter

Group: Coach

Member No.: 10,100

Myself and a fellow oldham fan attended the fans forum at Radclyffe school last night. Once again the board members of OAFC were professional (Alan Hardy incl) and the council representives acted with common sense and answered the questions very well.

I personally raised the point about were ORLFC figure in the plans. Its fair to say that we don't IMO. The Chaddy FC idea came up again and it seems to me that they (OAFC) firmly believe that this is what we should be aiming for.

After thinking about this today, I can't see where we figure in the plans for Failsworth. As was pointed out at the meeting last night, the council is leasing land to OAFC and OAFC are funding the development themselves out of the sale of the land at BP. Simon Corney confirmed that they have already had a offer of the land from a major housing company and the offer was turned down. Therefore, unless ORLFC are able to put some financial assistance to the development, we will not be a part of it.

At the moment we lease BP from OAFC for our games. Noone (apart from CH) knows the cost of the lease of BP, but we can have a guess that its around 5k per game. Apart from match day income, tv money and league money this is the only income OAFC recieve. If and when the development takes place, OAFC will have income from a sports bar, football pitches (11 a side and 5 five a side) which they will lease out to parties or sporting teams from the local area. I'm sure that from these ventures, OAFC will more than double any income they recieve from any lease deal with ORLFC and therefore be able to ensure that the main stadium is solely for the football club.

I realise that certain people on this forum will point out that the council hasn't supported the club very much since the sale of Watersheddings. Once again, I mentioned this at the meeting. As one of councillors pointed out, that happened over 10 years ago and the council and oldham rlfc have changed unmeasurable since then and that we should move on from this.

This is all doom and gloom. One of the councillors came across as very willing to work with ORLFC to ensure that the club has a home after the closure of BP. I just hope that CH is talking to people like him and willing to work in partnership to ensure that ORLFC has a home after 2011.

The next step for ORLFC is for CH to have a fans forum as soon as possible. Our chairman has took part in one, OAFC have taken part in one, its NOW over to you Mr Hamilton to speak and listen to the fans of Oldham Roughyeds.

Edited by singe

Having just ploughed through this thread, I would suggest that all those who have unanswered questions should email the Club as part of the consultation process with the fans.

I would also ask for those questions and answers to be reported on here in due course.

The Club can be criticised for all sorts of things, but it offers to answer any questions from fans, so what are you waiting for?

As one of councillors pointed out, that happened over 10 years ago and the council and oldham rlfc have changed unmeasurable since then and that we should move on from this.

This sticks out at me for some reason and its going slightly off topic, just feel that little more sorry for the roughyeds and how one of the sporting institutions in this town has been treated like dirt by the council (or so it seems, i were too young to rememeber what went on so if its any different i apologise). To be just told, well it happened, lets draw a line under it and move on just because a period of time has lapsed and it appears things have changed. Maybe i have mis interpreted what the roughyed put by 'we should move on from this' either the councilman meant it as, this isnt the time or place to start that topic and to get on with the forum or if the councilman actually meant the club should forget about what happened and just move on. Just seems wrong imo (dunno why its annoyed me so much just has :grin:)