Hollywood Sign!

Guest sheridans_world

FFS H&S

“It is incredibly dangerous and if they would have slipped and fallen onto the carriageway, the consequences don’t bear thinking about." Yeah and if they had walked up the fast lane that would have been dangerous too. Jobsworth response, no humour. Whoever did it up for prosecution get the bloody priorities right.

Absolute jobsworths!

H&S mad... I vote they build it again somewhere else, still in full view of the motorway but behind the motorway fences...

I agree. Things like that often become landmarks, and it'd be nice to put Hollinwood on the map (Not that Oldham Council or the Highways Agency would be interested in doing that - humourless tossers).

I suspect someone at the council got the hump cos it wasn't their idea. :wink:

I think it might have been their idea actually. I have definitely seen a computer mock-up in a local paper before (poss a few years ago) showing ' Hollinwood ' in a Hollywood style sign...I'm sure it got suggested as part of the regeneration that is taking place round there close to the M60.

What a Legend lol

:applause1::imnotworthy:

Sounds like a star man! And soooo right about what would have happened if he’d gone via the Council...

I was amused by one of the comments:

Why can't we have one for Chadderton?

Erm, because Chadderton doesn’t sound like Hollywood? :unsure: