1-0 at Carlisle

away at a team in our division was always going to be tricky for cup tie in only our 2nd game.

I wouldnt read to much into anything until a few more games.

As Bring Back Pukka Pies said still early days. Am with Wozz just the league cup and unlike in recent seasons not been that many shocks. The players are still on getting to know each other basis and lets be frank 1-0 89mins not as if we been battered anyone who went Carlisle last season would of know how poor the game was.

stockport got stuffed by huddersfield 3-1. shows how poor we are at putting teams away. :disappointed:

Went with a mate.

Stockport were much the same as Saturday - Toothless.

Udders first half were much the same as the game in January. Strong in the tackle played it wide and looked useless in front of goal. Missed a couple of sitters.

Got a lucky break just before half time when one that Paul Gerrard should have saved squeezed in and from that moment on the game was over. Jordan Rhodes added his second goal with a smart finish early in the second half and a blackk guy who came on as a sub (Theo something or other) looked really good and took a smart third goal after showing a real burst of pace. He impressed me.

Based on the 2 games I've seen this season Huddersfield will finish above Oldham who will finish above County. None of these sides will be in the promotion hunt.

Edited by opinions4u

Woah, hang on a mo (but before I start I wasn't there so can't comment on how we played). Yes in 180 minutes of football we haven't scored a goal, but that was only because a fairly decent shot stopping goalie saved Stockport 5/6 times (2 of which would have probably been goals on any other day with any other keeper in our league- and some in the league above), plus we had a fairly good shout of a penalty turned down (its one of those which you see given more than not). Pre-season this board was a hubbub of activity about how we needed some new centre halfs as Gregan was past it and Hazell depsite being our best player for 18 months (and only struggled when the team went downhill) was so calamitous it was as if he'd been transported from some 50s comedy. However, in 179 minutes of competitive football we had conceeded 0 goals (yes I know Stockport had a strikeforce that would struggle to score in a brothel) but we kept a clean sheet nontheless. After two games last season- we had a great comeback from being 3-1 against Millwall but had looked fairly ordinary prior to that (and remember the first goal of the season, and the third we conceeded) but then with an arguably better strike force against a team in the League below we struggled. When a season is 5 games old I will look at our results and work out where I think our season is headed then anything else is daft (for example I doubt Norwich won't be there or there abouts despite being spanked on Sat).

Woah, hang on a mo (but before I start I wasn't there so can't comment on how we played). Yes in 180 minutes of football we haven't scored a goal, but that was only because a fairly decent shot stopping goalie saved Stockport 5/6 times (2 of which would have probably been goals on any other day with any other keeper in our league- and some in the league above), plus we had a fairly good shout of a penalty turned down (its one of those which you see given more than not). Pre-season this board was a hubbub of activity about how we needed some new centre halfs as Gregan was past it and Hazell depsite being our best player for 18 months (and only struggled when the team went downhill) was so calamitous it was as if he'd been transported from some 50s comedy. However, in 179 minutes of competitive football we had conceeded 0 goals (yes I know Stockport had a strikeforce that would struggle to score in a brothel) but we kept a clean sheet nontheless. After two games last season- we had a great comeback from being 3-1 against Millwall but had looked fairly ordinary prior to that (and remember the first goal of the season, and the third we conceeded) but then with an arguably better strike force against a team in the League below we struggled. When a season is 5 games old I will look at our results and work out where I think our season is headed then anything else is daft (for example I doubt Norwich won't be there or there abouts despite being spanked on Sat).

We have player two of the poorer teams in the division. Yes we have only conceded 1 goal but we havent scored either.

Wait till we play some of the bigger teams. Thats what i worry about... However, still early days and players need to gel.

We have player two of the poorer teams in the division. Yes we have only conceded 1 goal but we havent scored either.

Wait till we play some of the bigger teams. Thats what i worry about... However, still early days and players need to gel.

Fair comments one and all - the concern for me would be that in ninety minutes we had 2 shots on target.

Definitely early days and no need to panic but it seems to me that we lack an attacking threat with Taylor very much out of sorts by all accounts.

Orient next? Are they a form team at the moment? :huh:

Fair comments one and all - the concern for me would be that in ninety minutes we had 2 shots on target.

Definitely early days and no need to panic but it seems to me that we lack an attacking threat with Taylor very much out of sorts by all accounts.

Orient next? Are they a form team at the moment? :huh:

After giving Newcastle a spanking I'd say their confidence was fairly high......