Chaddy The Owl on BBC 6Music this afternoon

But were still have the issue that the club won't pay the silly fee's publishing houses now want for they music to be played. That won't change.

What's the deal with this? From what I gather, if the club has a PPL licence to play music then it shouldn't be an issue. The cost of this ranges from venue to venue, but I'm sure I heard music playing at BP last time I went. So this should mean that they have a PPL licence, right?

I just think this is a massive grey area, and I'm sure that you can't cherrypick music out that isn't governed by copyright. As I understand, any published music is copyrighted.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As expected as i said yesterday, i suspected i would find out today about being made redundant. Just been told im being let go after 13 years at the same company :disappointed:

Anyone know any jobs going?

join the gang.... :disappointed:

have sent 23 application forms off in the last 3 weeks, heard back from 4, had 1 interview...awaiting dreaded phonecall sometime today...

its a bloody joke at the murment...

As expected as i said yesterday, i suspected i would find out today about being made redundant. Just been told im being let go after 13 years at the same company :disappointed:

Grim news Mr The Owl (and others in a similar position). I guess it's a reminder that those of us in jobs we hate could be worse off.

Sorry to hear that mate. Hope you get fixed up with something very soon.

Mart

How very true. Trouble is, i didnt hate this job. Ive been here 13 years, i met my wife here, she still works here and i love spending all day with her in work, thats going to be the hardest bit.

Its probably the kick up the arse i need though, ive not had a pay rise in 4 years so i should have been looking ages ago but i guess i was too happy here.

The show must go on. Wouldnt mind a job in community football seeing as ive nearly finished my level 2 badge, ive asked Latics though and they cant help me so i might have to look for another club which WOULD be a shame.

How very true. Trouble is, i didnt hate this job. Ive been here 13 years, i met my wife here, she still works here and i love spending all day with her in work, thats going to be the hardest bit.

Its probably the kick up the arse i need though, ive not had a pay rise in 4 years so i should have been looking ages ago but i guess i was too happy here.

The show must go on. Wouldnt mind a job in community football seeing as ive nearly finished my level 2 badge, ive asked Latics though and they cant help me so i might have to look for another club which WOULD be a shame.

good luck,

so what are they doing regarding chaddy now? chaddy is a big thing for oafc i cant understand why they are lettin you go,

as for jobs aswell the only industry that is crying out for people is the care sector, if you can do that sort of stuff id look there

good luck,

so what are they doing regarding chaddy now? chaddy is a big thing for oafc i cant understand why they are lettin you go,

as for jobs aswell the only industry that is crying out for people is the care sector, if you can do that sort of stuff id look there

Chaddy being Chaddy isnt your full time job is it ?

Edited by razza699

No :lol:

Im not redundant as Chaddy, im talking about my full time job. I work as a buyer for an electronics company. If i was made redundant as Chaddy i think it would be time for a rope and a wobbly chair. :shock:

I wont stop being Chaddy so the kids have nothing to fear....and the women have lots to fear :wink:

Im not redundant as Chaddy, im talking about my full time job. I work as a buyer for an electronics company. If i was made redundant as Chaddy i think it would be time for a rope and a wobbly chair. :shock:

I wont stop being Chaddy so the kids have nothing to fear....and the women have lots to fear :wink:

Thats what I thought but thelaticsfan post confused me (which isnt that hard I suppose)

and the women have lots to fear :wink:

Someone who spends more time thinking about which boots to wear than they do? :shock:

I was wondering actually, you had to get dressed up to go to the current/outgoing day job - wouldn't it be good if you could do something were you can wear your normal gear? You'd make a good store detective, blending seamlessly into the background.

join the gang.... :disappointed:

have sent 23 application forms off in the last 3 weeks, heard back from 4, had 1 interview...awaiting dreaded phonecall sometime today...

its a bloody joke at the murment...

been called back for 2nd interview/informal chat with the big boss/manager... :)B)

Only just heard the interview on the iPlayer (tried to listen to it at work but the hospital management have decided to buy a PET scanner instead of upgrading our server, the selfish bastards) - glad that you had a pop at the PRS, you should have asked them to play the Frog Chorus though. :wink:

Good luck with job-hunting,everyone.

sorry people i thought he was losing his chaddy job!!!!

i was wondering how u managed to make that a full time job haha

ill get my coat lads!

Quick update:-

Had various people asking me if im interested in working for them, a fair amount of travelling involved though.

Just had a call today though asking me to go for an interview on Tuesday for a job in Oldham which i would love to do. Cant say too much about it but it is something that would really enjoy and it is deffinately a job with targets. Im chuffed to bits, lets just hope i dont cock it up :blush:

Quick update:-

Had various people asking me if im interested in working for them, a fair amount of travelling involved though.

Just had a call today though asking me to go for an interview on Tuesday for a job in Oldham which i would love to do. Cant say too much about it but it is something that would really enjoy and it is deffinately a job with targets. Im chuffed to bits, lets just hope i dont cock it up :blush:

BEst of luck, keeps us updated.

• 2 weeks later...