I had an idea the other day that as we have a spare stand, why not have it for standing? tickets would be cheap and it would compensate for having at least three years with only scaffolding on that side.

not sure if there are any rules but carlisle have a stand with standing running along the bottom and three stands on top. surely its worth at least a look?

I had an idea the other day that as we have a spare stand, why not have it for standing? tickets would be cheap and it would compensate for having at least three years with only scaffolding on that side.

not sure if there are any rules but carlisle have a stand with standing running along the bottom and three stands on top. surely its worth at least a look?

that's something that i would definatley consider on a freezing wed night in feb.... how much would the club pay me to stand in the stand... :grin:

Turnstiles, stewards, toilets, health & safety requirements, catering.....

Been discussed on here many times.

Main problem: The local authority wouldn't grant a safety licence if the club did it (and I'm not sure the Taylor Report and subsequent legislation will allow a ground to change from all-seater to part standing).

Reason Carlisle have it? Brunton Park has never been an all seater stadium and they're not in the top 2 divisions (and presumably haven't been since the Taylor Report was implemented).

Not going to happen.

(The Taylor report followed the Hillsborough disaster. 96 understandable reasons for the rules).

Edited by opinions4u

Certainly worth consideration, and it would definately be a positive step. I emailed this suggestion to Alan Hardy at the club last season, but he never replied unfortunately.

Latics being given £500m by Manchester United and Manchester City and being automatically promoted to the Premiership is worthy of consideration. It's also more likely to occur than BP have an area of standing again.

I won't email the suggestion though.

Edited by opinions4u

Main problem: The local authority wouldn't grant a safety licence if the club did it (and I'm not sure the Taylor Report and subsequent legislation will allow a ground to change from all-seater to part standing).

Reason Carlisle have it? Brunton Park has never been an all seater stadium and they're not in the top 2 divisions (and presumably haven't been since the Taylor Report was implemented).

Not going to happen.

(The Taylor report followed the Hillsborough disaster. 96 understandable reasons for the rules).

Yes and while we are at it can we give up the idea of standing at the new stadium its not going to happen either although it would add to the capacity :)

:dedhrse:

Not going to happen.

Come on o4u....this is 2009 - NOT 1989....standing can be safe...ask the Germans.

The Taylor Report's purpose behind insistence on seating was surely to prevent overcrowding as it was that which killed those people. However it probably didn't foresee the other changes in match day environment that it has caused so it would be nice to see them consider another approach to preventing the problem.

Of course it won't happen, we will more likely all be told to wear ear defenders before that. :rolleyes: