Gone wrong in Royton

footy68

To celebrate my 11,000th post on here, this thread gives me the opportunity to quote the lyrics of an Oldham Tinkers' song 'Royton Sands'. Apparently there used to be a sandy area in Royton where folk who couldn't afford to go to t'seaside used to spend summer days.

One fine day in the month of May

We went to Royton by the sea

We watched clog dancers and we listened to t'band

Then we went on Royton sands

We kept eatin' parkin

We kept eatin' parkin

We kept eatin' parkin

That's why we are so brown.

Problems at Royton Pizza and the place next to Cassa Belmond tonight. I feel there will be repercussions tonight with a white person getting seriously injured.

Someone batter the kebab man or a taxi driver again after stumbling from Saddlers bar?

There wont be any repercussions. There never is. It'll just be a typical run of the mill incident in some other part of Oldham.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Problems at Royton Pizza and the place next to Cassa Belmond tonight. I feel there will be repercussions tonight with a white person getting seriously injured.

I'm afraid if you've got a take-away business in Royton you just have to put up with these occassional events. What exactly are the Royton Pizza lot gonna do...bring there boys down....every night of the week they're open ???? They won't hand out any revenge as they're just sitting ducks in the take-away, unless they have back up every night of the week, which is just impossible.

The cars of lads with baseball bats suggest last night may be a little different.

Sounds a bit nasty..

If I were the owner of those take-aways I tell those car-loads of lads with baseball bats to leave Royton well alone - they'll cause a world of :censored: if they hand out a beating to a local lad. It'll be tit-for-tat and as I said, the take-away lads have nowhere to hide. Violent Royton lads do.

they all need to grow up, i think they should move the drinking age in oldham up to 25, sure it means i cant drink for 4 years but rather have that than whats happening in oldham at the mo

It's not just Oldham though (although I was amused at Yorkshire St being described as a 'holding penn for the Jeremy Kyle show').

There are two key contributors to the drinking issues.

1) Extended opening hours. When I were a lad you didn't have as many hours to drink in. Now the pubs are open until the early hours, so it's more consumption time.

2) Attitude to drink. While most of us have been well and truly sozzled at times, and rather enjoyed it, it is now the sole objective of a worrying proportion of 15-25 year olds every time they go out.

The first one is easy to change, and probably should be changed. Gawd knows how you change the second one though.

I’m a bit confused now. Was it a group with baseball bats who did the initial kicking or did they turn up in response?

I think that’s the place I got some food during the pub crawl to Thornham the other year. I recall a group of spotty chavs in there abusing a Polish guy in their for what they supposed him to be getting paid, which I thought was a bit out of order given that they were most likely never going to have a job at all, and that they were plainly relying on his good nature/law obeying behavious not to bit sevens shades of :censored: out of them.

you'd have to be drunk to eat from there anyway. It's dirty and unhygienic (a terrific 2/5 score from the lenient food hygiene people).

Another thing that springs to mind.....what % of baseball bat sales in this country are to people who want to play baseball?