Hardy on name change rumour

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can assure you that I have never ever ever heard anyone from Failsworth call themselves a "Failsworthian."

Yes, but that's only because their vocal chords haven't yet developed enough to pronounce it... :wink:

By the way, my Mum and Dad lived in Failsworth for their first few years of married life, pre-1974, and they considered it part of Oldham.

What I don't understand is why people from Failsworth would sooner be assosciated with Manchester than Oldham. The closest areas of Manchester to them are Newton Heath and Miles Platting. If they want to class themselves as Manchester, the only part of Manchester they can belong to is that skanky part

What I don't understand is why people from Failsworth would sooner be assosciated with Manchester than Oldham. The closest areas of Manchester to them are Newton Heath and Miles Platting. If they want to class themselves as Manchester, the only part of Manchester they can belong to is that skanky part

Speaking as somebody who knows a lot of people in Failsworth, I'd say that possibly a majority of them have their origins in MP and NH, as well as Collyhurst, Harpurhey and Moston etc. People in those areas began to move up to Failsworth during the decades of post-war affluence, seeing it almost as being 'in the countryside.'

There are some, but not many, who consider themselves 'Failsworthian,' among those families whose origins date from before the big influx from inner-city Manchester.

Come on people this is serious.

Can someone get onto Simon Corney and find out if indeed, as I have heard is true, we are not going to have floodlights at the new ground instead to save money we are going to burn bibles for lighting.

better he answers the question now with a response that takes 30 seconds than have a big uproar and chinese whispers match going on