Eardley Fee confirmed tonight

Well we know TTA do often have a look on this message board. If they read stuff like 'I'll drive him to Blackpool myself' and other bollocks they may not be as willing to try to keep hold of him.

On the contrary, I think we should at least credit TTA with a modicum of intelligence, enough to be able to work out for themselves that anyone who posts "I'll drive him to Blackpool myself" is a f*cking idiot.

but that doesnt mean that they take a low value does it? unless the blackpool directors called tta's bluff and said '£750k??? dont be stupid, weve done our research, we read www.owtb.co.uk and they dont like him, so we will give you a fiver' then tta bottle it and take a tenner.

too much is being read into 'hes a full international'

he only gets in the Wales team when they have got injuries, and Wales are crap

out of contract next season, being tics fans its bound to be too low, but realistically its about the right price!

too much is being read into 'hes a full international'

he only gets in the Wales team when they have got injuries, and Wales are crap

out of contract next season, being tics fans its bound to be too low, but realistically its about the right price!

Less of the Wales are crap please. Yes he is not a first choice member of the Wales team but he gets into the squad for every game and often is on the bench. Plus I wouldn't mind betting now he's in the same league as Gunter (who was overrated by Spurs) I fancy him to nudge Gunter out of the first choice team. Fabian Delph was worth £8million in part because he has played for the u21s- he's only played once and I bet that was when a lot of the first choice team was unavailible. I'd fancy Wales's first team to beat England's u21s. How much did that white Trinidanian from Port Vale go for on the back of him playing for a team that got into the world cup? Wales are better than Trinidad. It doesn't matter if Eardley was Welsh or Canadian or whatever (provided they are in the top 70 for immigration regs) he was a full international, an ex-captain of the u21s and was capable of playing in more than one position. I think he has been undervalued by TTA (although not by much) but with add ons and what not they could have got a better deal than a straight money deal from a tribunal in 10 months.

But Wales are crap. They're almost as bad as Scotland.

yeah and they are as crap as half the foreign countries represented in the Prem but they still go for millions. Iceland, Togo, Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco, Austria, Switzerland, Greece etc... bollocks to the FIFA rankings they're a pile of :censored:e. Like it or not Eards went for feckin' peanuts when you look at what Gunter and Bale went for.

As implied earlier in thread a significant number of supporters attitude to Eardley at BP and on this site have contributed to the sale price. We could have got more out of him with better support which would have increased his value but were too critical of the lad. We can't complain too much, we reap what we sow.

As implied earlier in thread a significant number of supporters attitude to Eardley at BP and on this site have contributed to the sale price. We could have got more out of him with better support which would have increased his value but were too critical of the lad. We can't complain too much, we reap what we sow.

Apparently that is a gay comment Joe.

They were in all the films I've seen... :unsure:

The sad thing (going back to the original post) is that there's no way of confirming that's what Holloway said on Talksport, given that there was almost certainly no-one else listening. :wink:

I was listening but never heard the interview, I listen all day everyday, unless it happened when I wan't behind the wheel, did hear a rumour though, nothing to do with us but Sodje is expected to sign a 4 year deal for Leeds. As for the interview I must have doing something else other than driving or sat waiting to tip for 6 hours :wink:

yeah and they are as crap as half the foreign countries represented in the Prem but they still go for millions. Iceland, Togo, Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco, Austria, Switzerland, Greece etc... bollocks to the FIFA rankings they're a pile of :censored:e. Like it or not Eards went for feckin' peanuts when you look at what Gunter and Bale went for.

Agreed, obviously his Welsh caps count for nothing regardless of what people may think of him I think that it should have been a lot more. Ask for peanuts, get treated like monkeys.

Blackpool fan here. The word on the street our end is that the fee was £275k. I'd be suprised if there isn't a sell on clause. Looks like we have got a bargain as, after having to bide his time to get in the team, he seems to have made the right back spot his own and arguably he was MotM yesterday.

As for transfer fees the length of contract and divsion played in are major factors. We sold Barker for a £1m during the summer who is not a much better player now than he was in League 1 two seasons ago. Playing in the Championship, as a regular, versus League 1 has more than doubled his value. I Probably the same thing will happen with Eardley.

Anyway, best of luck for the season.

It is a pretty rare event that we ever get a fee for a first team player that leaves us. Even rarer that we get a fee where unanimously we think, that was good money for him. Who was the last player that we sold, before Neal Trotman, that the majority of us thought that we did well with the fee ?

I was listening but never heard the interview, I listen all day everyday, unless it happened when I wan't behind the wheel, did hear a rumour though, nothing to do with us but Sodje is expected to sign a 4 year deal for Leeds. As for the interview I must have doing something else other than driving or sat waiting to tip for 6 hours :wink:

Coming back to this thread just to have a nose round. Didn’t think it would cause this much controversy.

First of all, check my previous posts, I am not one of these 'I have a sauce' posters. I was just posting what I heard with my own ears on the radio on the way home from the gym. Look at the time of my post. I go to the gym after work, I often leave when I am kicked out, the gym closes at ten, I then have to drive home. Sometimes I gym at Oldham JJB, sometimes I gym at Blackburn (I work near Blackburn and gym there with a mate). On this occasion I gymmed at Blackburn, so it was prob about 10:20 ish that I heard this interview. So if you would like to contact Talksport then please do.

I resent the suggestion that I made this up. I am not that kind of poster, jeez, I was sharing what I heard FFS.

Times like this remind why I read this forum every day, but rarely post. Maybe I will fade back into the background...

Coming back to this thread just to have a nose round. Didn’t think it would cause this much controversy.

First of all, check my previous posts, I am not one of these 'I have a sauce' posters. I was just posting what I heard with my own ears on the radio on the way home from the gym. Look at the time of my post. I go to the gym after work, I often leave when I am kicked out, the gym closes at ten, I then have to drive home. Sometimes I gym at Oldham JJB, sometimes I gym at Blackburn (I work near Blackburn and gym there with a mate). On this occasion I gymmed at Blackburn, so it was prob about 10:20 ish that I heard this interview. So if you would like to contact Talksport then please do.

I resent the suggestion that I made this up. I am not that kind of poster, jeez, I was sharing what I heard FFS.

Times like this remind why I read this forum every day, but rarely post. Maybe I will fade back into the background...

Nah, keep posting.

You soon get the feel for what's real, conjecture, assumption and simply made up.

Most will have taken your original post on this thread at face value. I certainly did.

Wonder if that fee included the VAT?

Nah, keep posting.

You soon get the feel for what's real, conjecture, assumption and simply made up.

Most will have taken your original post on this thread at face value. I certainly did.

Wonder if that fee included the VAT?

Yeah, I reckon so, this is what angered me the most, if we had waited until January it would have gone back up to 17.5%