Good Result

Good result considering our record against them's not great,plus they're in form, plus we had a load of injuries (and yes they were really injured, not having a medical at Leeds/meeting up with American groupies).if we starting taking our chances in front of goal - and it's a big if - we should do all right this season.

Another good point away from home. Hope we start finding the net at home and get our injuries cleared up. We will not be that far away at the end of the season, and its good to see the fighting spirit from the players.

Come on you blues.

feeling prety hunky dorey this evening ...saftey which is daves priority is going to plan....well done you latics...happy bunny here :grin: :grin:

I'm feeling very grateful looking at Tranmere.

• We've got a young but competent team, which should see us finish at the right end of the table, top 10. We won't be in their predicament.

• A manager with a decent track record. Not a big name whose failed as a manager previously.

• A team which can be built on in the next two seasons. The foundation is there, by the end of the season Penney will know who can cut the mustard next season and be able to improve the team. Barnes will probably be fired by the Trannies and they'll have to start over.

• A reserve team with some promising youngsters.

• We're not signing the likes of Ricketts.

We won't go up this season, I'm just gonna sit back enjoy the wins and hopefully a decent FA Cup run. Have a dig at the LDVs and look forward to a top 10 finish.

Penney's a guy with a plan, given time I think he might be able to take us up.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

I'm feeling very grateful looking at Tranmere.

• We've got a young but competent team, which should see us finish at the right end of the table, top 10. We won't be in there predicament.

• A manager with a decent track record. Not a big name whose failed as a manager previously.

• A team which can be built on in the next two seasons. The foundation is there, by the end of the season Penney will know who can cut the mustard next season and be able to improve the team. Barnes will probably be fired by the Trannies and they'll have to start over.

• A reserve team with some promising youngsters.

• We're not signing the likes of Ricketts.

We won't go up this season, I'm just gonna sit back enjoy the wins and hopefully a decent FA Cup run. Have a dig at the LDVs and look forward to a top 10 finish.

Penney's a guy with a plan, given time I think he might be able to take us up.

Here Here!! My thoughts exactly

Another good point away from home. Hope we start finding the net at home and get our injuries cleared up. We will not be that far away at the end of the season, and its good to see the fighting spirit from the players.

Come on you blues.

I said before the match i'd settle for a point there,if we can just get a bit more ruthless at home we'll be fine this season.

Come on you blues.

A point away from is always good, unless you are Oldham and haven't won at home for six months.

A team which can be built on in the next two seasons. The foundation is there, by the end of the season Penney will know who can cut the mustard next season and be able to improve the team.

A reserve team with some promising youngsters.

In actual fact, if the little lower division stadium at Failsworth doesn't get off the ground and bring the club some serious extra revenue streams, there will, as Simon Corney has said, be pretty much no building on foundations in future seasons-the budget will be cut to the bare bones and relegation will beckon.

As for promising youngsters, in these days when the big clubs sweep up kids with obvious potential while they're still at school, how many have we seen at BP who, despite seeming promise, fail to make the grade even at this level?

Just to add the necessary note of gloom. And doom.

In actual fact, if the little lower division stadium at Failsworth doesn't get off the ground and bring the club some serious extra revenue streams, there will, as Simon Corney has said, be pretty much no building on foundations in future seasons-the budget will be cut to the bare bones and relegation will beckon.

As for promising youngsters, in these days when the big clubs sweep up kids with obvious potential while they're still at school, how many have we seen at BP who, despite seeming promise, fail to make the grade even at this level?

Just to add the necessary note of gloom. And doom.

It isn't necessary. THis thread is about yesterday's match at Brentford, not the size of any proposed stadium.

It isn't necessary. THis thread is about yesterday's match at Brentford, not the size of any proposed stadium.

And I commented on Pukka's remarks about why yesterday's game at Brentford gave reason for optimism. Which means, of course, that he broadened the subject out; I merely followed.

I hope this helps you understand how it works.

That definitely clinches the argument. That's the trouble with coming on here-it's like having to debate Oscar Wilde all the time.

Come on, Corp. That's a bit lame. Are you implying that there's no one here but you who's articulate?

You do yourself a disservice with some of the cheap shots you've been taking recently.

Come on, Corp. That's a bit lame. Are you implying that there's no one here but you who's articulate?

You do yourself a disservice with some of the cheap shots you've been taking recently.

Everyone knows he's boring. He thinks he knows more, speaks better and is superior to everyone else.

If you don't like the way people are on here, if you don't think they are intelligent enough, why do you still come on here? Why don't you go on some other forum full of people who are more to your needs?