Wembley

Had my first visit to the new Wembley for the RL final on Saturday. What a fantastic stadium and how fabulous it would be to see Latics in it. Very disappointed with tonight's result

Indeed. It's an amazing stadium. I'm going a week tomorrow for the England v Croatia game. Would love to go with Latics and the JPT was one of only two realistic chances of it happening.

Went to the first England match there, the Brazil 1-1. Great stadium, dunno what it's like now, but it was all grey walls then and needed a bit of character. Paintings, photos etc.

It's got paintings, photos, etc now, but I too expected more than the grey walls of other stadia at a cost of about £800,000,000. I also expected the services to be hidden at that price. :disappointed:

2510269079_cb151e3cf3.jpg

Had my first visit to the new Wembley for the RL final on Saturday. What a fantastic stadium and how fabulous it would be to see Latics in it. Very disappointed with tonight's result

Prefer the Grand Final at OT for atmosphere - better than anything Wembley can come up with imo.

I went to the Dale v Stockport final with my boy, I was impressed with it (the new Wembley) but found it soulless with 30,000 in it. The old ground was a :censored:-hole but it had character. Cardiff on the other hand is awesome in structure, location and character.

However, my favourite has to be a full Camp Nou, beyond belief - awesome experience.

Edited by oafcprozac

Prefer the Grand Final at OT for atmosphere - better than anything Wembley can come up with imo.

I went to the Dale v Stockport final with my boy, I was impressed with it (the new Wembley) but found it soulless with 30,000 in it. The old ground was a :censored:-hole but it had character. Cardiff on the other hand is awesome in structure, location and character.

However, my favourite has to be a full Camp Nou, beyond belief - awesome experience.

I've been twice:

The first time to see the play-off final Rochdale versus Stockport

The second time to see the Foo Fighters

Magnificent view both times but the atmosphere was a tad better for the Foo's.... :grin: