Addressing the problems

In my humble opinion the problems we have at the moment have not been solved by the manager in his short tenure so far. It is glaringly obvious that we need a goalpoacher to finish off the chances we are making and as has been said by every man and his dog, another option at centre back,not a stop gap or player covering the position but an out and out no nonsense centre back. It's all well and good collecting midfielders but if you don't score goals or keep clean sheets you don't win matches.Here's hoping they see the light eventually.

In my humble opinion the problems we have at the moment have not been solved by the manager in his short tenure so far. It is glaringly obvious that we need a goalpoacher to finish off the chances we are making and as has been said by every man and his dog, another option at centre back,not a stop gap or player covering the position but an out and out no nonsense centre back. It's all well and good collecting midfielders but if you don't score goals or keep clean sheets you don't win matches.Here's hoping they see the light eventually.

The revolving door of players can't help, it reminded me of the times at the office were I worked when the management brought in a succesion of temps to temporarily fill vacant key positions.

I found this didn't help team spirit in the office either.

As you can guess I'm not a lover of the loans system nor agencies.

Edited by BP1960

Its all well and good identifing areas for improvement but the problem maybe finding a solution. DP may have been looking for a CB for months but not been able to get anyone. First of all you need to identify a player good enough to solve your problem, you need the other club to be willing to sell/loan that player, you need to be able to afford that player transfers fee and/or wages and you need that player to want to come to the club.

(this is not directed at you Steve) I think some people onhere think you can just go to your local premier league club and get the next superstar for any position you require.

On the note of the striker, I fairly happy with the forwards we have now we have Blackman. I think the problem is service, they are having to drop deep to collect the ball. I personally think once we have two fit (natural) wingers on the pitch we will improve in front of goal.

Its all well and good identifing areas for improvement but the problem maybe finding a solution. DP may have been looking for a CB for months but not been able to get anyone. First of all you need to identify a player good enough to solve your problem, you need the other club to be willing to sell/loan that player, you need to be able to afford that player transfers fee and/or wages and you need that player to want to come to the club.

(this is not directed at you Steve) I think some people onhere think you can just go to your local premier league club and get the next superstar for any position you require.

On the note of the striker, I fairly happy with the forwards we have now we have Blackman. I think the problem is service, they are having to drop deep to collect the ball. I personally think once we have two fit (natural) wingers on the pitch we will improve in front of goal.

Here Here, finally someone who agrees with the sensible knowlegable people on this board

I agree niether Abbot or Parker/blackman are going to score whilst collecting the ball in the old inside left/right position. If the ball is lumped up to Abbot he. being the target man will not be in a goalscoring position. We have lacked width and I feel Jacobsens loss is the most crucial at the moment. We are short of CB cover but certainl last night they were not to blame. Holdsworth for the first he stood still allowong the cross. Second was in no way a CB problem. Gregan and Hazel had ok games... feels like a scapegoat situation. Players dont lose matches TEAMS do.

I agree niether Abbot or Parker/blackman are going to score whilst collecting the ball in the old inside left/right position.

I must have been drunk or dreaming on Saturday then! Do agree though Blackman was receiving the ball too deep and too wide. I thought it was calling out for some balls over the top to let him use his speed.

i keep reading that and can't quite get my head round it. :unsure:

??????

Let me try again, our frailties at centre back and problem of putting the ball in the onion bag have not yet been rectified by mr. penney in his short time at the club.

I know he's only been here two minutes but he has brought people in and we still have the same old problems i.e not enough clean sheets and lack of goals.

Let me try again, our frailties at centre back and problem of putting the ball in the onion bag have not yet been rectified by mr. penney in his short time at the club.

I know he's only been here two minutes but he has brought people in and we still have the same old problems i.e not enough clean sheets and lack of goals.

oh.

In my humble opinion the problems we have at the moment have not been solved by the manager in his short tenure so far. It is glaringly obvious that we need 11 players who are better than all the other players in this division, why hasn’t he sorted it why why why why why why why why why why why why why why?

…………….. Why do I always seem to be have a Take That song in my head when I read things on this message board. I think the one’s called “Patience” or something.

I think fridays performance showed exactly what i was saying,throw in a dodgy keeper and our shortcomings are obvious.I've read somewhere that penney has brought 15 players to the club so far without solving our main deficiences.....He must see them soon.....surely?